Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Guide
Healing modalities? Advice?

So I have my tried and true favorite techniques or Healing modality for releasing and unburdening difficult emotions.

I've found that they are great for the deep trauma stuff, but having difficulty with the more subtle emotional burdens. It kinda feels like an onion peel effect, where I work on the various experiences one layer at a time, each time getting more subtle/nuanced but more difficult at the same time finding the right path, etc.

Whatever, now I've been getting suck at trying to release or unburden some of the subtle stuff, like irritation. So for a concrete example, I noticed when hubby tried to rub my back, he got to close to my rib cage, I got irritated, and looked behind that irritation, trying to understand the core issue, and ended up triggering a painful memory of some sexual abuse. I *thought* I had worked through all of my sexual abuse experience, but here it is, popping up again.

So, what to do? What do you do when your struggling with the finer/subtle emotional imbalances? Also, I'm interested in hearing what are your favorite healing models or techniques for core issues or deep emotional scars?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Master
Hi Black sheep .

I think there is an individual answer for each individual . In such a way where what is written in the stars applies to each of us .

My trauma of life has been dealt with in solitude and I have taken everything on board and worked through it .

If it takes the love and support of the many for another then so be it .

At the end of the day there is only self at the heart of anything .

What does one then make of that .

In a way whatever comes comes in terms of abuse and in terms of healing from abuse .

In a way its out of your hands and in a way it is down to you .

Its good that you have acknowledged something that requires resolvement .

As in self enquiry what needs to surface surfaces .

If the time is right so to speak the process of life will allow resolution ..

x daz x
Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Guide
Hi!
Thank you for your response! If I'm gathering this correctly, you are saying that there is a certain amount of trailblazing one encounters in healing. And that in self inquiry, to let go of the process, as well as trust the process. Did /i get that right? I think I might have missed the boat. Irregardless, thank you.

Quote:
At the end of the day there is only self at the heart of anything .
I do find this statement incredibly empowering, thank you.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
Hi!
Thank you for your response! If I'm gathering this correctly, you are saying that there is a certain amount of trailblazing one encounters in healing. And that in self inquiry, to let go of the process, as well as trust the process. Did /i get that right? I think I might have missed the boat. Irregardless, thank you.

I do find this statement incredibly empowering, thank you.

Hi ****.

There are so many points of perception one can have in relation to what is happening in their so called lives . What you are can be consumed by many of them and what you are can flutter from one point to another barely scratching the surface . What is happening is happening regardless .

Certain individuals feel they are in control of their destiny and some feel they are going with the flow and are just allowing life to unfold around them .

No matter how much control one thinks they have they cannot control what arises likened to your feelings of late .

What does one now do with these feelings?

If one endures and recognises a process of sorts then one cannot do anything other than what the process dictates, similar to a fruit cannot ripen until it ripens, so in regards to sufferings arising then likened to the fruit one can only resolve issues when the spirit or the soul or whatever word suits is ready to resolve them .

You have acknowledged your own pain arising so that is one part of the process .. Many are at a stage where they are not ready to resolve issues and some are not even aware on a conscious level that any issues exist ..

There comes a point however where one cannot avoid or resist what arises any longer and something happens . It will be different for each individual for some will look for support outside of themselves and some will go within themselves .. but at the end of the day like I said earlier 'there is only self at the heart of anything' and everything will point to that eventually no matter where one's attention lies at present ..

x daz x
Old 03-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Master

I've experienced thinking I was healed of a trauma only to have it come back again. I'm starting to think it's not supposed to go away, but be transformed into something else, like a different attitude -- realizing my responsibility as a spiritual being for the memory and having an attitude of compassion or mindfulness of it. The reactions I had before from whatever triggered the memory begin to change. If my reaction when it comes up changes, then that's the healing -- when my soul has released it. I don't think the process ends either because it's about living in freedom. For there to be freedom there has to be something to be freed from.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Guide
Thank you God-Like for getting back with me. It really resonated with me.

@Seawolf, totally agree with you. I'm very big on transforming, like I've found that in my own system some emotions/states of being are masks for a core issue which can also mask the underlying true nature. I liken the emotion processes or emotion freedom style work to be similar to metallurgy. Where one has the various base metals mixed in a lump, and through various types of process one ends up with gold. Or as Shizen Young says, it's a process of purification, distillation, till you get clear.

Quote:
I don't think the process ends either because it's about living in freedom. For there to be freedom there has to be something to be freed from.
I really like this, it gives me hope. I do get tired of the process, but like you said it's living in freedom. Thank you, love this statement.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Master

Quote:

I really like this, it gives me hope. I do get tired of the process, but like you said it's living in freedom. Thank you, love this statement.
You're welcome! :-) I'm glad it was helpful.

Fortunately I have a lot to clear and can notice the different from doing it. That's why I keep it up regularly without getting tired of it. I might get a little tired of it sometimes but always get revitalized somehow. That's also why I'm interested in practices that are simple and need little effort. I can do those regularly as opposed to something complex or difficult. I think consistency is the key, so finding something both easy and effective is important for me.

I think a trauma memory can be cleared to the point that it doesn't bother us anymore, and I stop clearing it then, unless it comes up again. But I see clearing as constant because I believe there will always be things in me to work on. I do want to be free and happy, which is what the clearing does, but I don't have an end goal in sight. I don't wait for the day when I'll be totally clear and can stop because I don't believe that could happen. I'd probably be fooling myself if I ever thought there's nothing left to work on. Just living life daily and interacting with people brings up new things all the time. It doesn't bother me though because by regularly clearing I have peace like I didn't before.

People don't stop praying or meditating because they've 'arrived'. To me it's like exercising, if you stop then things will slowly go back to the way they used to be. If I stop my spiritual practice then old resentments and fears will come back, but I like the freedom from those things so much that I keep it up. Spirituality is something I'm integrating in my life, so instead of being a self-help strategy to use when needed, it's becoming a part of my life, like a habit. Then it doesn't seem like work but is just part of living, like eating and sleeping.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Guide
My apologies, I didn't intend to imply that being trauma free, healed of deep emotion scars, clear, etc. to mean that I would be at my end goal or have "arrived."

I view resolving all these deep issues as a normal process of "growing up." Just like a toddler learns to walk, I'm crawling here, looking at all you folks walking and saying to myself, that's my goal. I know walking is possible, and personally, view it as a beginning rather than an end.

I really like your perspective though, man, really positive and healthy. Man, I really need to work on my view! I really like how you've integrated it as a habit, I definitely need to work on that. Thank you your advice has been really helpful as well as motivating. You're an
Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

Do we not, once we have children of our own, go back to crawling voluntarily? At the time of learning to walk, we are so desperate to get balanced on our feet, to move so efficiently and quickly. But when the time comes, we readily slow down and revisit that skill. We do not do it to punish ourselves, merely to enjoy the basic ability and stability that allows us to fully enjoy the other things around us, like helping that child to learn.

Remember that it is indeed possible for the reason your sensitivity was again noticeable was due to the fact that your hubby was making contact there, and it may be seen as an opportunity to educate him and help him learn the subtleties of you.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Thank you your advice has been really helpful as well as motivating. You're an
You're welcome.

Talking about arriving was mostly for me. I'm motivating myself too lol.