Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-02-2013, 02:39 PM
eljockey101

I feel healed now. I hope it lasts. Gem, look at my previous post. "why is there something rather than nothing?" you ask. You need to define "something" and "nothing" for the question, and the definition is the answer. Main thing is, I feel healed.
Old 27-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator
I am glad you feel a little bit better right now. But don't be too dismayed if the things that may concern you may come back occasionally again. I feel that spiritual awakening is not a straight up, and keep going kind of thing. It has its ups and downs.

I'm not very good at existential philosophical things. I am better when I don't think of those things and just "sniff out" the way forward in an intuitional way .
That's what you get for being taught by a dog! haha!
Old 27-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljockey101
I feel healed now. I hope it lasts. Gem, look at my previous post. "why is there something rather than nothing?" you ask. You need to define "something" and "nothing" for the question, and the definition is the answer. Main thing is, I feel healed.

I'm glad you feel healed eljockey101.

I don't think defining terms provides an answer, it might clarify the question a little though, and there isn't an answer to existential questions. The question assumes existence because existence is prior to the question, so it's inevitable such a question will assume existence is, but the inquiry isn't so much a question as it is an exploration, which is why descartes supposed all perceptions were false, and ponder if in fact one fundamentally exists prior to the senses.
Old 27-02-2013, 09:50 AM
eljockey101

Without something there is no nothing. Without nothing there is no something.

I wanted to prove my existence, because Being is the foundation on which we can build ourselves for a better future. It also saves us from the illusion of evil, therefore sets us free from our worries and shifts our focus towards the positive.
Old 28-02-2013, 10:57 PM
eljockey101

Aw, it still won't work.
How to prove that the statement "I am nothing" is false?

P.S. I do not want to spam, so from now on I won't post here for a while. Please forgive me the posts so far, I just feel very bad. I know that I feel or that I think, but it does not disprove that "I am nothing". As long as I think that "I am nothing" I feel bad, so that's why I want to prove it false.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
I feed the wild birds every morning, and give what I can to them to help them along in cold weather. Doing that, seeing them receiving what I have given them shows me that I am something, because what I have done has spread out away from me and I see the reality of "me". How could "nothing" do that?
Or a neighbour's cat will come up to me, greet me, and snuggle up in my lap, purring....that cat isn't going to do that to "nothing".
Can you see what I am trying to express ? (and not being terribly succinct about)....
It's things like that which show you you indeed exist and are not "nothing".
Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
I maybe am not very good at defining the nature of reality, or the nature of "Being" (and not-Being) I am quite bright in some ways, and can easily grasp something that I have experience of, but I haven't got a sharp enough mind for the questions of philosophy. I can't "get my head around them".

The only things I could say that might give you some help are the things that worked for me. I have been completely devastated in my life, and felt reduced at one time to a peculiar sense of emptiness. Caused by multiple bereavements, and also by some traumas I experienced.

This was not all a bad thing. I just let it be (I work instinctively, and more 'from the Heart energies'.) So in my own case I didn't try and figure anything out intellectually, but just surrendered, and thought I'd wait till either death or instinct for something new kicked in.
In my own case it was love that saved me and brought me forward.
I didn't have anyone or anything TO love at that stage, and didn't love myself either. Not that I had any animosity towards myself, I never even noticed myself.
So I sat one morning in utter empty negation of everything and no clue what would happen next -or even if I was real.
A little wild bird flew down, stopped in front of me, tipped its head on one side, gazed at me, walked about a bit then flew away.
What happened? I felt something swell up in my heart area, and radiate, and suddenly, from being absolutely adrift, I had something to hold onto.
I didn't even rationalize and call this "love". But it felt like I was suddenly starting to "be" -again, but in a different way to the way I'd been before (which had been destroyed)
That moment enlivened me and woke me to a sense of myself, my existence, my importance, my energy.....etc It became a thing I could use as a touchstone for my own sense of reality and the need for me to be alive.
The little bird helped me feel, which helped me sense my existence.
I always have to do that more by instinct and feeling into things rather than by thinking my way out -so to speak.

There is always something to love. Whatever it may be. It doesn't even have to love you back. But the actual energy of love itself radiating through you is transformative.

I don't know if this helps you at all....as we are all so different.
Blessings to you