Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
green

playing cards and minor arcana.

historically as much as i know (and it is not that much :( ) the modern playing cards are derivative from the minor arcana cards.
my question is: playing cards can be used for divination as well, is the meaning of the minor arcana cards and the meaning of the playing cards is the same? so 7 cups and 7 hearts is the same, you interpret the cards the same?

i ask as i allways thought so, and as i started at first reading with playing cards and then moved to tarot cards i allways felt it was the same, but once i started with tarot cards i left a side the playing cards.
many years passed by and yesterday i refound a book i used many times before when interpreting the playing cards, and was very surprised to find out that the meaning of the cards are completely different from the tarot cards. Hammmm...
any ideas or thoughts on the matter?

thanks
G
Old 03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Master
There was a site called tarothermit which gave detailed histories of the tarot and details of very old packs. One thing that was mentioned was a gambling card game popular in medieval Italy [ Trionfi ] and it was played with a tarot deck.
Sadly the tarothermit has vanished but there is another one I found, http://www.trionfi.com - worth a look.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
green

thanks Norseman.

did you ever tried useing playing cards for divination?

G
Old 03-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Green,

I believe cartomancy is the name for divination with playing cards. You can look it up online there are a few sites that give meanings for the different cards. I bought a book once about it, haven't read it yet, but it looked interesting.

Dream Angel xx

" Hammmm.... ? " were you thinking of breakfast, lol !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Master
No. I rely heavily on the imagery in interpretation, although it would make sense that if you can remove the major arcana to play card games, the reverse ought to be true. The origins of the majors would be an interesting subject.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account

sorry for the interruption of the conversation ~ I have no clue on major and minor arcanas

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
green

really Dream?

norse: yes norse, the origin of the cards, major or/and minor can be very interesting...not sure though we can find a true answer and at the end it is up to what you choose to believe about it.

G