Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-07-2011, 11:25 PM
AmethystDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Got to admit I do not answer specific questions with tarot. Just general life readings. In my opinion, it is up to the querent to see the specifics of their own situation in my answer.

Thank you, norseman, that is sound and sensible advice I really should have known better. The sitter is someone close to me - my daughter.
I definitely won't be doing specifics again, although in this instance I've got away with it, by the skin of my teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic
When it comes to tarot, I personally don't rely on yes or no questions because there is no black or white when the universe is on your side. So I tend to focus on the outcome of the situation versus whether it's happening or not. If the focus is on the outcome than it will be easier to understand the factors affecting the situation as a whole.

Next time you do a reading, try your best to see it objectively. Make sure you do not give definite answers because sometimes it can leave you or the querent disappointed in the end. Focus on what the situation is as a whole. When you predict, make sure it's an overview so that aren't any direct expectations.

What I can as give you as general advice, is that you should always trust your first thoughts. A first thought is always the purest until it is analyzed. Sometimes in life, you just know right off the bat. Practice trusting your... as they call it... intuition... and allow it to be your best friend. When you strengthen your intuition, you'll begin to really open your mind to the energy around you.

It's one thing to understand the meaning of the cards and predict from the meanings but it's another to understand the patterns of the card's symbols and to read the energy that transpires from them. I think many people spend most of their lives trying to achieve that.

But truly - trust yourself, trust your first thoughts, and trust your intuition. When you let Know, you aWaken.

Keep learning and practicing! You're on the right track my dear! A great guide is someone that puts a lot of focus and diligence into understanding. Don't ever let doubt tamper your intuition. Just let it all Be.

Bionic, thank you to you too. My first thought on the reading was so definite, but in hindsight and from advice given it is a case of, Yes trust your first thoughts and intuition and secondly think before you speak.
I got very enthusiastic namely because I saw the answer she wanted to hear.

Now for the really really good news

After all this hanging around time and on the same day my daughter found out the job was no longer on offer, she applied for a better one (within the same company) which she didn't think she stood a chance of getting and of all good things got offered the job the next day

A big thank you to everyone for your replies and invaluable help, experience is far better than any text and I very much appreciate it
Old 14-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Medium_Laura

Congratz to her :) see not "THAT" job, but a job none-the-less :)
Old 15-07-2011, 01:25 AM
mattie

Useful NonAttachment

Interpret what the cards lay out & resist the urge to overly apply it to the sitter’s expectations.

Bionic makes a good point about addressing the general situation. You can decline to answer a question like a yes/no one that you don’t think is appropriate for the system you’re using. Maybe you could redirect her direct yes/no job question to be something like, let’s look at the overall job energies for you.

You were honest w/ the sitter about telling her you were new at this. It is useful to not have attachment to the the sitter’s expectations. You aren’t responsible for how they interpret it.
Old 15-07-2011, 09:42 AM
AmethystDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Congratz to her :) see not "THAT" job, but a job none-the-less :)

I'll be honest with you, Medium _Laura, this particular reading has been confusing for me on the one hand I followed my first instinct, on the other, because the sitter was my daughter I wanted to see the right outcome for her - as a family we have had a bad time, which I won't go into right now.

The jobs were closely connected within the same company and as she had one refusal the other job came up more or less alongside it.

I've looked at the notes I made on the reading, I did say Yes that she would get the job but it would be more responsibility than she thought, which in a way is true, due to the one she has got being a management position rather than a team player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Interpret what the cards lay out & resist the urge to overly apply it to the sitter’s expectations.

It is useful to not have attachment to the the sitter’s expectations. You aren’t responsible for how they interpret it.

Absolutely right, mattie, I have sooo learnt my lesson on this one

Thank goodness the outcome was better than expected and no I will not be doing Yes/No answer readings again, once is enough.
Old 15-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Medium_Laura

There are "Yes/No" spreads but not always, as Mattie said, would Yes/No be helpful here.

You probably would have gotten a No. Which would have caused your daughter to be depressed. So in hindsight, saying "Yes or No" for that situation would have been misleading. No she didn't get the job, but yes another would come very soon. :)

Try learning more spreads and practicing them. There are "career" or "job" spreads that might help in the future :)

Hugs
Old 16-07-2011, 11:55 AM
AmethystDawn

^^^

Thank you, Medium _Laura. I think I have a book with career spreads in.
Shame I didn't think of using it at the time