Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Eelco

Are we our past lives.

NO!

After having dabbled with karmic realease work. Ok I did a little more than dabble with it I have come to the conclusion that reincarnation does not occur in a linear fashion. In fact past lives have nothing to do with you.

I believe now that the following happens. Most will agree that Intention is a force that greatly drives our experiences in life. I think that intentions can be viewed as energetic constructs that once released will hold within themselves the "desire" if you will to find completion.

With the intention information is stored about the entity that formed/created the intention. When we are born we attract unresolved intentions that somehow resonate with our frequency or they just plain attach themselves to us from the desire to complete.

When we look at what drives us we encounter these intentions that wait for us to either bring them to fruition or help dissolve them. When we take one such intention and bring them to the fore the information about its originator becomes available. We see this from the vantage point of the originator. What happens is that we misinterpret that as our previous self and hence call it our past live.

With Love
Eelco
Old 07-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Master
Equally, many would say our soul essence or oversoul is simultaneously experiencing the multiverse, and what would be to us past or present lives are all happening now, somewhere and in some timeline.

Those that resonate and/or have the deepest trauma or the greatest need of healing are most likely to be those that come to us spontaneously as "memories" or "visions". And many would also say that being loving and forgiving and working toward healing relationships in our current lifetime may also help to heal or rework the other lifetimes, if we are able to bring our consciousness to bear across those threads. Because in fact, everything is only ever "NOW" from the view of Spirit or the oversoul. That is a complex topic, but in brief, that is the idea

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-05-2017, 01:23 AM
Experiencer

I agree to a certain extent...

It may help if you understand your higher self to be aware of all your lives; as in it experiences time as a whole rather than in a linear manner. It's a little hard to comprehend this concept, particularly when you need to understand that 'time as a whole' doesn't necessarily mean 'complete' or 'finished'. By this I mean that from the perspective of your higher self, the benefit of your lives has not been realised yet; which creates a conflict in understanding when viewed from a third/fourth dimensional mindframe.

However, from the perspective of your current incarnation, you do technically have past lives.. we experience time in a linear/spiral manner. So from our current perspective, there are lives in the past that we have lived, and lives in the future that have not yet been lived.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:22 AM
Master

You (and me and us all) are, as we stand today, in the place, time, family, conndition and state we have led ourselves to. Today, now, we contain everything that has ever been.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Equally, many would say our soul essence or oversoul is simultaneously experiencing the multiverse, and what would be to us past or present lives are all happening now, somewhere and in some timeline.

Those that resonate and/or have the deepest trauma or the greatest need of healing are most likely to be those that come to us spontaneously as "memories" or "visions". And many would also say that being loving and forgiving and working toward healing relationships in our current lifetime may also help to heal or rework the other lifetimes, if we are able to bring our consciousness to bear across those threads. Because in fact, everything is only ever "NOW" from the view of Spirit or the oversoul. That is a complex topic, but in brief, that is the idea

Peace & blessings,
7L

In order for this to be the case we have to assume / belief that we are part of an oversoul entity that is made up of various entities which include a number of different human beings. Whether divided by time or just by skin we have to give up our identity to a larger identity all the way up to source.

As the entity that goes by the name of catsquotl on this forum or eelco in his day to day live I do not experience myself as this amalgamation of different sources without doing some deep meditative practices.

Even in those practices which tune me into the experiences that may have been past lives I feel a distinction between the experience of said "other" live and myself here and now. Which makes me question the age old question who am I. Further more as these past live memories are different that what I am now I cannot say for certain that even though the memory contains information of said life from birth to death that that is me.

So I will attest to the fact that those lives influence me here and now. But may have easily come to me as information/memory about another.

What matters is how do I deal with the feelings, memories and influences that said live impose on my now. In my experience seeing them as influential but distinctly different from me (i.e not I) helps with a lot of questions and hindrances around guilt. Giving me an more empowered point of view to deal with the work of the original intention that needs to be resolved.

With Love
Eelco
Old 08-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Master

I feel you might just complicate it a bit. Of course you are not your past lives, but it is for the same reason you are not your yesterday, or just the moment that lead to this moment. It does not need big theories to understand that each moment brings you a new one, and in each new moment you come from a more expanded place because you as a whole has become more, because you have been part of more. Still I get why all these adventures into might be are so interesting

Personally I understand you incarnate because a desire draws you into exact the moment that have the greatest potential to fulfill that desire. Actually I see a world full of voids created from and ever expanding desire to become more, as your desire draws you in to (ful)fill this void, you automatically fulfills the desire that draws you in, thus you are utterly completely free to just enjoy the unfolding of your self, and the expansion of your being. Nothing to learn, no great destiny to fulfill, just a life to enjoy But maybe that simply is the way it works for me, and for others it happens otherwise? Like how I see a life as something that is left at the end of it when the experience of it is over, the same way that I don't take the cinema with me home when the movie ends One thing is that it is impossible to say about a past life otherwise than that you might relate to it, the same way some parts of your early life you might not relate to anymore. So what might a past life vision serve for? Could it simply be the best possible way of translating your present from where you are to where you desire to go?
Old 09-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
I feel you might just complicate it a bit. Of course you are not your past lives, but it is for the same reason you are not your yesterday, or just the moment that lead to this moment.

There is a difference in the memory of experiencing my self yesterday. Or the exploration of a karmic memory that crosses the boundary between lives. Where to my mind the actions of yesterday lead up to today. In the exploration of that difference, combined with the idea that time isn't linear it was worth my time to explore and come to conclude the theory above.

That said. I agree fully we always have a choice here and now to start doing what we think makes us feel better. Like the movies, some inspire our actions that follow seeing it, and although we don't take the movie home or identify with a character in it as self it can spur our actions. I think intention rote's(for lack of a better word) do the same, but with an added feeling/memory component making it harder to see as an outside influence..

With Love
Eelco
Old 10-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
There is a difference in the memory of experiencing my self yesterday. Or the exploration of a karmic memory that crosses the boundary between lives.

But only in your mind. It is your relation to the two ideas that makes the difference. Like seeing a movie where I wholeheartedly relate to the characters can be a far more significant and life empowering experience than anything else I have ever experienced, and the same goes with a past life memory... it can be something that gives your life a greater sense of meaning... and your yesterday can equally hold such moments. If you make a difference then it is yourself you are holding back from the possibility of experiencing something amazing, because the body cannot feel the difference between imagining being Alexander the Great, or actually having lived the life... so it is does not matter if it is an actual past life... and there are sound science to back these things up btw

Where I think it matters is to express that as little as a bad day makes you a bad person, neither does the memory of a potentially bad life memory; all it really says is that you are at a bad place in your life where you feel out of alignment with who you truly are.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Because the body cannot feel the difference between imagining being Alexander the Great, or actually having lived the life... so it is does not matter if it is an actual past life... and there are sound science to back these things up btw

Where I think it matters is to express that as little as a bad day makes you a bad person, neither does the memory of a potentially bad life memory; all it really says is that you are at a bad place in your life where you feel out of alignment with who you truly are.

True It doesn't matter. Still in this day and age if I go around feeling like Napoleon and say so. Probability dictates I'll be locked up for treatment. (depending on the percieved danger I pose according to the psychiatrist on duty).

Also I started explore this topic and construe a working hypothesis, because I noticed a lot of people got hung up on past live karma clearing In an unhealthy way. I.E got hung op on the guilt and read into what their supposed past life selves had done for monstrosities.

My hypothesis holds up as a probable way this might work. Encountering for the feeling of self in a past live memory without the need to identify with that self. In waiting for a theorem that proves a self exists in the first place.

With Love
Eelco
Old 12-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Also I started explore this topic and construe a working hypothesis, because I noticed a lot of people got hung up on past live karma clearing In an unhealthy way. I.E got hung op on the guilt and read into what their supposed past life selves had done for monstrosities.

I do agree. But there are also people who feel bad because they ate too much ice cream, or said a bad word last week, and that is where I point out that you are not a bad person because you did something you feel bad about... whether it is an hour ago or thousand years ago is completely irrelevant from a present point of view And sure why these things happens is very interesting; I do feel it has very much in common with your nightly dreams.