Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-07-2011, 05:26 PM
cheeky_monkey

Empathy?

Can I ask any knowledgible people about whether I am experiencing empathy pains and why?

So far I have developed bad knees like my adopted grandmother, a bad right wrist at the same time my mum had just come home from having an operation on her right wrist, whip marks have appeared on my back like that of another family member who long ago had been whipped for punishment in the middle east. I also felt like i had been beaten up after seeing my grandfather who has cronic artheritis, i ached all over and truly felt very ill for 24 hrs after visiting him. That's about it but it makes me feel uneasy, like what is going on.

Is there any way I can stop this from happening or am i meant to feel my family's pain possibly because i am insensitive to their needs and feelings? My knees don't just feel bad, they look like someone has attacked me there. I am embarrassed to show my knees because they look odd.

As a side note, I have seen spirit and experienced various phenomena, which is an added reason why I have come to these forums, because I hope there is someone here who can advise me. I know it is asking alot of someone unpaid but i'd really appreciate your help. Thank you for reading.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Explorer

I don't mean to insult you Cheeky Monkey, but you might have hypochondria.lol I know I shouldn't think that's funny, but I'm like that. Sorry!

BUT I'm not dismissing that as empathy. You knew about those injuries/ailments and you took on not only the pain, but the physical effects too.
That's some strong empathy right there!!

Never underestimate the power of your mind!!
I've woken up with burns, scratches and wounds that I never had before I went to bed. I put that down to astral travelling or dreams where I've been injured.
The astral body passes on the information it receives from the mind to the physical body IMO.

I have lied in the past about not making an appointment because I've had flu, and have acted ill to add belief to the lie.
Sure enough I came down with flu the next day. YES! SERVES MY RIGHT!

It seems that you are very strong minded and prone to sharing others pains. So the best thing you can do IMO, is when you are told of an ailment/injury etc, don't see it as something that is causing harm! Instead see it as something that is HEALING or HEALED!
Feel yourself heal that ailment, instead of spreading it.

Hope that works. Sorry to jest.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 PM
cheeky_monkey

No that's fine. Hypercondria eh? I would agree with you except that I have suffered a broken jaw caused in mysterious circumstances which has left me disfigured. I have lost friends to suicide too which have question marks surrounding the incidents. I'm not trying to make a big thing about it, infact I would like to run and hide from the world sometimes.

So I am spreading it? I think you're a bit mean to say these things and totally lack empathy yourself concerning my problem. Sorry if that's insulting you but I had hoped someone may be able to help me instead of accusing me of spreading pain and accusing me of making a big thing about it. I sit at home most days, not hurting others. I don't have any plans or desires to hurt anyone or inflict pain. You say I spread pain, well if in your opinion that is the case, instead of just critisising me, couldn't you suggest ways not to inflict pain?

Seems to me this forum, just as before, has the same bullies who were the deciding factor for me not to post before. As I said, I picked up others pain, in no way has anyone said to me that they have picked up my pain so please refrain from spreading lies about me spreading pain. Sounds to me like you want me murdered or to kill myself. I didn't write anything hateful in my initial post but you still took it upon yourself to make me feel bad. How dare you try to make me feel responsible for other peoples pain. I wish I hadn't posted.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Explorer

It looks as if you have totally misinterpreted my reply, to a degree that I find it hard to believe that it wasn't deliberate.

You are spreading pain to yourself, obviously! I already suggested how to stop that.
But you go on about suicide, murder, bullies, criticising, persecution etc etc with no regard for ANYTHING positive at all.

NO! I don't agree that you need to suffer! I'm not responsible for your suffering, and neither is anybody else. Just YOU!
All I pointed out was that you align with suffering, and you can choose to align with healing.
My view of hypochondria is that it's funny. If you had the same view of it, you wouldn't be suffering.

Please don't play the "I've suffered the most!" game on the internet! You will lose very quickly. We ALL live here, and we ALL encounter and experience suffering. No medals are handed out for that.
What does warrant a medal is how we deal with it, overcome it and aid others IMO.
It might not look to you as if I'm trying to help you, but that's what I'm trying to do. I might be failing, but at least I try.

Give it a go! When you see pain/ailments, overpower them with healing thoughts.

Imagining me to be your enemy does not make it so. But you can convince yourself that it's so, and feel the negative effects of persecution.
THAT has nothing to do with me. Try to understand that.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
cheeky_monkey

Keep making me feel bad then, I hope it makes you happy.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Medium_Laura

But Cheeky, no one can make you feel anything. YOU choose to feel bad, feel sick, feel repressed, etc.

What Explorer is trying to say is that your belief/thoughts are what are causing your pain and suffering. Try working on thinking more positive thoughts instead of continually complaining about how awful your life is?

Thoughts are energy. You are manifesting but... is this what you truly want? Try manifesting good things!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:23 PM
cheeky_monkey

Please, I beg anyone else who reads this thread not to comment. It seems people just WANT and SUCCEED at making me feel bad. In return I won't be posting here anymore. You're right it is my fault for choosing to come to these forums and post.

I should know better than to come to place of illusionary compassion and understanding.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Master
Hello CM , I believe you can pick up on others pain. I have picked up on my sister being ill and we are 800 miles apart by just talking on the phone to her.

So yes you can in my opinion. For me when that happens I acknowlege the feeling or way it is making me feel and then tell it that its not my issue and ask it to leave me alone. Sometimes I can then shake it off but other times it sticks with me. I guess for me it depends on how much I am wanting to keep a hold of that feeling, because I think at times I keep it in my grasp for longer then is needed.

It can be the same when you meet people as well, people who have maybe suffered a trauma of some description - you pick up on the hurt, the pain they maybe feeling and the emotion of the moment. Its what we choose to do with that after we have realised what it is and then take action or leave it be.

I may have mis-understood what you have said in your post, are you retaining and keeping the illness or does it come and go. So for example your mum had an operation on a wrist and you developed a problem with yours - has yours now healed or was it just a problem for a little while?

I ignored your comment about not responding - as I had started to before I read your most recent post.

cesx
Old 16-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Titus

Empathy is very real. I'm an empath and I can feel a lot including other people's physical pain. If you have people close to you in your life are in a lot of pain that is the worst because you have built a strong connection to them. The stronger the connection the harder it is to block out their emotions. I found the easiest way to block out other people's feelings/emotions is to release my own fears. If you can completely erase all the blockages from all of your chakras then your reality becomes that much stronger and its hard for other people's energy to overcome you. Also, when you completely balance both the masculine and the feminine inside you, you become invulnerable to others people's energy because somehow you only can feel your own energy.

It's possible to consciously take control of your empathy. When you are able to do this you can turn it on and off at will.

Also if you're having that much trouble with empathy you might be having a trouble with energy vampires. Because you have such a strong connection to these people they might be constantly draining you of your energy. Do you feel a blockage in the left side of your head? Almost like you're having sinus issues. If so, these are signs of a possible energy vampire. The scary thing about energy vampires is that you don't have to be anywhere near them for your energy to be drained.

I hope you decide to come back to this forum and read this because this information was vital to me and my efforts to gain control over my empathy.
Old 16-07-2011, 02:14 PM
cheeky_monkey

Hi Ces, sorry I didn't see your response till just now. My apologise for the late response. In answer to your question, the pain does usually go after a few days or weeks. When my mum's wrist healed and was fit to use it again, my pain disappeared. When I felt beaten up and achy after visiting my grandad with severe artheritis and disability, the pain disappeared within 48 hrs. I always acknowledge that it is not my own pain I am feeling and that helps me deal with it otherwise I'd assume I'm very prown to being ill.

Thank you so much for understanding,

Hi Titus, I don't know much about energy vampires but i do feel drained alot. Once upon a time I could work full time and only feel as tired as the next person. Now I struggled to wake up and have been known to sleep for a full 24hrs straight. At the same time I experience manic episodes and can be awake but in a daze for a good 48hrs straight too, probably why i sleep so much, or part of the reason.

If I get a headache I've noticed it is in the right side of my brain, and usually taking painkillers eases the pain. I didn't use to suffer headaches but in recent times it is something which has caused agony and i panic if im home and have run out of painkillers.

Thank you both for caring and replying. I'm so sorry for snapping at the earlier posters but this is something I'm not exagerating. Granted I don't walk around feeling every tom, **** and harry's pain but usually those close to me when they are in pain.

Bestest wishes and love to you all