Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Xan i don't know if it's because I have a bad heart but i tried that mantra the day before yesterday and yesterday I had to call the doctor because I was unable to sleep, my eyes hurt and I was so anxious. I think if i had a kinder heart it may not have had these effects but i would like to warn you about the dangers of this mantra I quoted as I believe it's very powerful and not necessarily beneficial, at least not to the person saying it. Sorry but i think my first impressions of this verse were correct.

Thank you for your help anyway.

I'm sorry you had this trouble, cheeky. Apparently your first impression was correct, that it is not right for you... at least for now.

One problem may lie in the fact that the verse is not a mantra to be repeated, it's just an instruction for breathing in difficulties and breathing out compassion.

Also if someone is doing the meditation with effort and pressure it will have a bad effect. No meditation or other spiritual practice should be done with 'trying' but with relaxing and allowing.

Perhaps you require something more gentle to begin with, until your heart is healed. Here's a gentle, simple meditation you might like:

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan

Old 20-07-2011, 09:34 AM
cheeky_monkey

Thanks Xan but I only said the verse once, just before I went to bed and the following day i felt severe exhaustion and my eyes hurt. I do question whether it's because i don'[t have a good heart. I try to be a good person and emit love to those around me but i have a temper and can be quite nasty sometimes, so maybe that verse is more suited to a person who has a pure heart with no anger stored.
Old 20-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Master
Possibly, cheeky.. On the other hand this and other heart meditations often have the effect of healing the heart and negative emotions that are covering it.

In fact, as the heart energy begins to flow more whatever is unlike love gets brought to the surface to be released. So it's good to have an effective release method handy... such as conscious breathing or EFT or some other.

Xan