Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline 77
Last night after a long time I went to a dance meditation group. Basically free-style dance with some instructions.
I don't know what happened but I felt I needed to laugh at the hypocrisy of these so called spiritual people (not the first time)
The dance meditation, the technique she was "teaching" was simply clubbing without alcohol. Dance and techno tracks played with the faciliator on the "mixer" like a DJ.
I understand the debiliating effects of alcohol what I don't understand that a lot of these people think they are better than others.
An average person who goes to "normal" clubs will get an amplified effect because the music is louder, there are more people around you and you'll get their happy energy too, the music will vibrate through your body. "Normal" people look for the connection and the letting go too they just found a different outlet.
(obviously not talking about the extremes!)

Same thing happens when I tell "spiritual" people that I listen heavy metal. 95 out of 100 will judge me immediately, some tells me I have to stop listening low vibrational music that's why I feel bad!!
It doesn't matter that heavy metal is played by actual musicians who are talented and skilled, the lyrics are normally like poems, yes, some of them are about destruction but that's part of life too. Death is part of life.
Also nobody!! at a metal gig will stay unhappy, people are more inclusive than everywhere else, they are more than happy to talk to you and everyone is smiling because they all accept the other person's quirks.

I used to go to group meditations and retreats but I find it more and more difficult, mainly because majority of the spiritual people are as narrow-minded as everyone else. But the bigger problem is when they think they are superior, "they are on the right path" and you are not.
I got to the point where I think everything you do in your life is good as long as you feel good about, it serves your life purpose and nobody has the right to tell you are doing it wrong. You don't have to do yoga asanas and become a vegan, if you eat meat, you are still a perfect human being. Etc

This is only a rant, everybody is free to think whatever they want, I just had to write about my experience last night because I feel like there is hardly anybody left I could talk too. For average people I am too hippy, for spiritual people I am not well developed yet (You'll get there love-so condescending!)

And the other aspect of my post is I just find it funny how my way of thinking is changing, how I am becoming more Me.

I relate to your frustration. I've experienced similar from people on various spiritual paths in the past, although I didn't always realise it at the time as I thought I was in the wrong (having absorbed their judgements etc).

Unfortunately, spirituality becomes a way for many people's egos to grab a stronghold, therefore using it to judge and create further divisions between people rather than to grow in love and acceptance.

However, everyone judges in some form or other because it's part of the human journey. What is important is becoming aware of when we are doing it and how it impacts on ourselves and others. Then better choices can be made. This involves noticing our own reactions to others judgements. You've started a thread saying you dislike spiritual people, which is a reaction to experiencing others as judgemental, but in doing so you come across as judgemental. Can you see this? It's a normal human reaction but it's within your power to make new choices and be open to new connctions, which I feel is really what spirituality is about.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I too dream of becoming a renunciant/yogi/monk in the Himalayas and currently,as you know,I am looking for ways to do it.
I dream of going to live with the Nayanars, Lingayat and Virashaivas in Tamil Nadu for a while...to be in the company of those I can share my limited emotional range with.

So, are you noticing that yourself and Nature Grows are still the only ones on this forum who are willing to try to reach out and touch me? I wonder why that is?

I am not taking it personally, because the thread creator and opening poster has not returned to her creation either...I highly.doubt she has read whatever others have posted either....It is always just "whine and run" with every thread and post she makes....There is no hope or help for her....and it amuses me how people, including myself believe that she will ever return to this thread at some time....However, and for everything else, it now is pretty much like the Tower of Babel around here...I need others who speak the same language that I do, because English doesn't seem to work...
Old 07-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
So very true...being suddenly bumped down from the Third-Eye or Crown Chakra straight into the Heart Chakra is always very beautiful...and there is only One who can do that for me.

Is it Shiva by any chance? (no need to answer)
Quote:
I usually get on with a related anecdote about now, which, in a round about way, has something to do with the unspoken premise of a thread...and I also realise that most of the time I only talk to myself anyway...been doing that since birth...I mean, wouldn't you, if you had an interactive cosmic internet connection at your disposal? then again, the Orions LOVE Heavy Metal...So do some Zetans...and those living in the 263rd parallel...who is to say that the opinions of 'spiritual' human beings are the ONLY ones out there? or that ultimately matter? but I digress.

Sometimes i talk to myself too, sometimes even out loud an then theres been times where i see someone looking at me, i didn't notice them there.. but i don't even care really, well some e.ts music is the sound of planets moving, planets make noises apparently not just the things on them like us an birds ect... Heavy metal i dunno, i never really been a fan but i did like ac/dc a little bit once.. i like Wardruna and similar music a lot.

Quote:
To ground myself, I have created my own TV channel on Windows Media Player...I am up to my third Terabyte of stuff downloaded from YouTube using ATube Catcher and YTD (You Tube Downloader) which converts flv files into MP4 and WMV...I don't watch the shows in any order..I have over 6,000 of them...I let it run through randomly.

Yea i remember you telling me you have all those videos downloaded.. every time i would go to show you a video i thought was cool you where like.. seen it, seen it, downloaded it, lol...

Quote:
Last night, after spending a week whining about how effed up the world is...I put on my TV channel...and what came on? about 2 hours of the Balinese Kechak Monkey Dance. The story was about how Hanuman the monkey God and his army, built a bridge from India to Sri Lanka (Adam's Bridge) to help Lord Rama rescue his wife, Shinta from the clutches of the evil demon, Rawan...who kidnapped her and took her to Lanka.

I guess thats kinda cool making your own tv station.

Quote:
Anyway, abut half way through it, I was laughing and crying simultaneously with joy... jumping up and down on my bed and doing all the monkey chants...THIS is what I remember from my childhood...THIS is what makes me happy...NOT thinking about wars in one county or another..or how people think I am stupid for doing what I do...THIS! and for a very brief time, all my chakras were opened and aligned.

Ahh yea the inner child is powerful stuff.. iv had my own experiances with that.. yea. It can also be emotional too.

Quote:
Suffice to say that ALL "spiritual people" are not like me...There may not be many of us, but we exist and you would probably like us.

Aghora, aghoris? (if thats who your talking about).

Quote:
Alright, I can also swallow my own medicine and pride and say that being a misanthrope is a rather over generalised statement...I just have an extremely small "spiritual niche" in society, because I am an Aghori....not many people like them, but they also get heaps of respect for not giving a damn, and not giving up either.

I only wish I could stay in India for a while...but I can't even keep an appointment with my psychologist, or even make plans to go to a Yoga class without my mother getting gravely ill on the exact same days (without being informed of my plans) and neither my sister in law nor brother, nor any of their friends can afford to take any more time off work to look after her, or else they will lose their jobs...and because I don't have a job, guess who also gets to have no life?

It's not her fault, of course...but it ALWAYS tends to happen on the days I make huge plans...The days I really do not want to miss out on attending...The events that are very special and important and mean a lot to me...and I get a phone call 12-24 hours beforehand..."can you come down tomorrow? we NEED you (they live 200kms away)...we'll pay for your petrol and give you $100...but Mum has taken a turn for the worse and neither of us can take any time off work right now...they have also just put our mortgage rates up...we need these jobs and our boss gonna fire us if we take any more time off..etc etc"... meanwhile, my psychologist goes on about planning and goal setting and doing what you want in life and all I can say is "how the HELL does one do that? they must not have any family or friends that need constant favours and pick on you because you don't have a job and a debt to society like THEY do...So HOW?"

Anyway, that is my mood right now.

Shivani no excuses!! im joking but... ok, while it does create good karma to help out these family members you speak of (unless they are just using you) they are adults and have created there life, so you cannot always be there to suit them if you don't want to of have made plans.. why even pick up the phone or say you have something else to do.

Like you Shivani i have not created a life for myself that would "tie me down" i have no debt, no children and can roam about freely, yes i work though but it gives me money which is good. I have always been one to want freedom over things even though yes i understand you can have it all as well an be free in a way because it can be a state of mind... but i just like the idea of if i want to go off into the country side to hike in the mountains tomorrow i can go. India looks ok, i work with an Indian person an he tells me all about it, he likes Shiva too, it would be hot though, QLD is hot and thailand iv been to both those places i guess India would be similar, my cousin went to India to study yoga and become a qualified international yoga teacher, she loved it.

Quote:
I too dream of becoming a renunciant/yogi/monk in the Himalayas and currently,as you know,I am looking for ways to do it.

WHat do you mean? i tell you how to do it, get a plane ticket fly to that place, then start wandering around there, an it will snow ball from there. I was watching some guy speak yesterday about how he created his life (he lives in the hills, writes books and surfs, what he wanted to do) and he had no money to start with or nothing people were saying you should rest, stay here an work a bit then maybe in the future you can sort out that life style you want but he was like noooo, an he just left without knowing how he was going to do it, but he got it done.. the conversation was about when we follow our joy which is souls desire things can just happen or we make them... but it wasn't LoA like maybe it was in a way yea, but it was just go for it stop waiting.

PEACE!!!!!!!!! GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I dream of going to live with the Nayanars, Lingayat and Virashaivas in Tamil Nadu for a while...to be in the company of those I can share my limited emotional range with.

Best of luck to you on your dream ,if you ever visit India do let me know and maybe we can meet ,if you don't mind.

Quote:
So, are you noticing that yourself and Nature Grows are still the only ones on this forum who are willing to try to reach out and touch me?

Any time for you my friend.Love you.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Suspended
Quote:

Any time for you my friend.Love you.

SF would not be thee same without Shivani.

edit: and many others too, every one has there part, lots of characters.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Hi Shivani...I don't 'reach out' to anyone...but I like you a LOT!
xxoo

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
SF would not be thee same without Shivani.

Yes you are right !

My life would also have not been the same without Shivani Devi ji ,thanks a lot for being with me !
Old 08-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Master
Hi Evangelline,
I know exactly what you mean. People don`t see the ridiculousness of our egos in our spirituality, our perceived `special knowledge` which is nothing more than lots of ideas and concepts that cant be proven.
In truth, if we were truly spiritual, we would all laugh out loud at the ludicrous seriousness we place on something most of us truly have no real proof of. I think that experience, for you, was a profound awakening. Thanks for sharing and dont get upset with those calling you judgemental, they simply dont understand yet.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:31 AM
Master
Well, it is funny how it worked itself out...and one of the benefits of being in cosmic consciousness...

I realise I needed to get into a routine with my spiritual practices and basically do more to keep up this "level of achievement" as it were...but my motivation to do anything much sucks big time...

However, one good thing...my family and friends all hate my religious beliefs...they don't have any anyway, but I annoy them when I practice my own..and I enjoy telling them where to go... spiritual practice opportunity much? how much more motivation do I need that doing what I love pees off all my loved ones. =)

That's just what they get for this....The Price they gotta pay...

There's a lesson here somewhere.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Suspended
"I posses everything- all so fake
Hence I have nothing - to put at stake
I'll tell you a secret- and he'll it's true
I am the Aghori, dwelling deep in You."