Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i sometimes wonder if whole cultures have their own karma-you can't expect the billions of people on this earth to ALL be baptists, or catholics, or hindu....so i think there's a reason why we all have our own belief systems in order to go through some kind of karma.
Everyone has their own spiritual belief system, especially when we insist that we don't have one, but instead have something better than a belief system that is sometimes described as the Truth, or Source, Jesus, etc.

We could say each person has their own karma, but what if they don't believe in karma? I sometimes wonder how I can make statements applying to others related to my own spiritual belief system, when they don't have the same beliefs? It's probably normal, but to me it just seems odd.
Old 30-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Deactivated Account

How about this:

Maybe Christians have come straight from hell, so they are trying to avoid that this time round.
Maybe Buddhists died and incarnated straight away, so they are trying to find a way out.
Maybe new age folk really are aliens and so they are trying to make things on earth like where they came from..

So maybe it's not so much to do with karma than it is trying to improve your own journey.

I don't know. Just a thought.
Old 24-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Master
"The Matrix, is everywhere, all around us. Even in this very room.
You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church...

It is the lie that is pulled over your eyes to blind you from the Truth."
"What Truth?"

That you are a slave Neo, born into a prison which you cannot touch, see, or taste..."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Master
It is not an experiment, merely, Yumi. It is a fallen situation from which God has provided a Way.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
...I suppose I was looking at in in the angle of what if all religions
are true ? What if all prophesy of all religions manifest?

I see how Biblical prophesy has been lining up to a T.

This is really confusing to me.
I can see how religion can be like branches of a tree.
It just makes one wonder if they are all true...
Well, then you would absolutely love.. and I must highly recommend...
that you watch, for free, in the leisure of your home...a youtube called
"The Star of Bethlehem"...I bought 2 DVDs of it.
It is an hour, or so....

There, your eyes will pop and your mind will be in awe when you are
shown with computers...
(the same that sent a probe 10 years in the future and
landed on a moving comet...that computer formula....)
...of the Universe, or 'night sky' to make something the Magi follow
it 700 miles over many nights
...pretty big star to last up there that long!

What was it?
And what did the sky look like at the Crucifixion...an hour before... a bit later?
What did John see in the night sky that made him say what he did on Patmos?

It's worth your time...contact me when you watch it.

Religions?
This goes way beyond religions or maybe scripture is notating it and sometimes, since there
is no time...telling us of 'future' events.
Religions aren't my thing.
Scripture is more, tho.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Master
Religion as a whole are just somebodies perception, and perception is not always reality. I believe there is truth in all religions, in the sense that i think some of the people in the religion did live once upon a time. But i think they have been edited and taken out of context to in some ways control and hold people back. Look at how intelligent nature/universe is, if it could express itself in words i doubt it would say some of the morbid things sometimes you can come across in religion! This is just common sense.

Ultimately i doubt there will be any separation as people progress into other dimensions, and spirituality will bring more and more people together.
Old 25-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Experiencer
We are all creators, but we have forgotten that. We moved the locus of control of our fates to something we invented to be outside of us, thus making that a reality.
In so doing, we trapped ourselves inside our own prison.

Its a variation of the old joke. Can God make a prison from which he can not escape?
We have done a good job of it, the main part of the trap we set for ourselves is that we managed to forget we are creators in the first place.

We have, in doing so, placed ourselves inside a make-believe matrix of interlocking babushka dolls of mind control making it extremely difficult to escape. Or so we think, until we figure out the punchline.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:15 AM
yumi14

Miss Hepburn,

Thanks for pointing out the Star Of Bethlehem video on YouTube. It was quite moving and fascinating. <3
Old 26-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:

So, what if there is truth to every single religion in this world from Christianity to Buddhism?

I believe your premise is accurate
and i believe the author Richard Bach explained the problem and deviation from
truth in his book "One" ... in it he met a guru or master, a hermit who explained his own religious concept and called it the Word ...

The character said oh wow such truth and simplicity in your teaching , let me Write that down the master said a large NO , and explained that if this was written then the subsequent book would require a Keeper of the word, which would lead to a religious establishment, with temple, church, priests etc.
leading to additions and distortions of the word ,maintaining power and control
in themselves and the established institution ... totally devaluing the truth
if the Word .....

My own studies of religion lend credence to this concept, in that if you strip
away the support for church and priests etc. leaving only the simple moral codes and mores to live as a society at peace with each other ... all religions
then become essentially the same ....

Shalom ... Eliab
Old 02-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
My curious and always wondering mind never stops, it seems.

So, what if there is truth to every single religion in this world from Christianity to Buddhism? What if reincarnation and soul plans are also true. What if ALL of them are true?

In this scenario, nobody's beliefs would be wrong.

Add to this matrix , the different races and cultures and customs around the world.

Add to this bitter wars, etc over religious beliefs.

Is it possible that this was a design on purpose? An experiment, if you will.

Then, the obvious question would be:WHY? For what purpose?

My head hurts thinking about this. Then again, it always hurts....I have so many questions that I ponder, lol.

Thank you for any input. I am interested on hearing what your thoughts are.

They can't be all true. Christianity makes certain claims that are absolute in nature. Either the rest of religions (or some) are true or Christianity is not. For example, reincarnation exists in other religions, but in the book of Hebrews in Christianity it states that man is appointed to die once and face judgment.

Buddha viewed all suffering in the world as a result to attachment, in another example. The way to extinguish all suffering was to severe all attachments though the extermination of desires, and wants. Namely relationships. I once asked a woman buddhist whether she was able to free herself from attachments. She pleasantly lit up and said yes. I asked if she was a mother. She said yes. I asked whether she was trying to severe the relationship with her children. She was silent. I asked her about the Dali Lama, I asked why do you suppose he "desires" to free Tibet. She was silent, then said we are instructed not to think too deeply on these matters.

In response to suffering, Jesus actually prescribes another way which is Himself to combat suffering. Instead of severing relationships Jesus teaches how to not live for oneself but for others. A different form of selflessness, where the Christian is to live a sacrificial life for both God and neighbor. The Bible teaches that all suffering is the result of an unhinged relationship between man and God, where sin, an inherent nature since the Fall of Adam corrupted the image of God. Jesus rectifies this situation by reconciling man to God through a relationship with Him.

There are numerous other problems, but the main one faced to others outside the Christian faith that insist trying to blend through a superficial understanding of all religions, is what to do with this: John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

This is a unique claim that no other religious leader had made, not Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna ect., Either Jesus is a liar or He is who He says He is and there is no other way to the Father, and that is to assume that other religions worship the same god, which I would contend they do not.

Regarding truth in all religions, my advice Yum is to be careful. Half truths are deadly, a little bit of poison consumed in wholesome food leads to death.

My last comment, Yum, do you find it easier to believe a fictional movie than Jesus' claims in the Bible?

Hope these examples help,

JibJab