Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 13-05-2011, 11:44 AM
beth

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th, Is it unlucky for you? Something i've always wonder about.

It's usually a good day for me.
Old 13-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Master
Hi Beth.. its just another day to me..so I guess it depends on ones belief system.

:)
Old 13-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Deactivated Account

yep it's always a good day for me too :-)
Old 13-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Master
I welcome them, I guess when one has no idea why it would be unlucky, we just shrug and enjoy the fact that it's friday, who doesn't love 'em, yaaay friday!

Old 13-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Master
exerpt from National Geographic's "Friday the 13th Phobia Rooted in Ancient History"

"Dossey, also a folklore historian and author of Holiday Folklore, Phobias and Fun, said fear of Friday the 13th is rooted in ancient, separate bad-luck associations with the number 13 and the day Friday. The two unlucky entities ultimately combined to make one super unlucky day.

Dossey traces the fear of 13 to a Norse myth about 12 gods having a dinner party at Valhalla, their heaven. In walked the uninvited 13th guest, the mischievous Loki. Once there, Loki arranged for Hoder, the blind god of darkness, to shoot Balder the Beautiful, the god of joy and gladness, with a mistletoe-tipped arrow.

"Balder died and the whole Earth got dark. The whole Earth mourned. It was a bad, unlucky day," said Dossey. From that moment on, the number 13 has been considered ominous and foreboding. "

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._friday13.html
Old 13-05-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth
Friday the 13th, Is it unlucky for you? Something i've always wonder about.

It's usually a good day for me.

Friday the 13th was the day the catholic church massacred the knights templar. It has been seen as an unlucky day due to the media and the fact that 13 has always been seen as an unlucky number. According to the law of attraction positive thoughts would manifest into positive results and negative thoughts would manifest into negative results. Having that said, if one were to believe friday the 13th is a bad day then they will have a bad day
Old 14-05-2011, 04:24 AM
MoonDancer

Just another day. Now a full moon those can be crazy
Old 14-05-2011, 04:29 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
Just another day. Now a full moon those can be crazy

Heheee...you are so on with this! Just another day but that moon, that full moon...yeah break out crazy!
Old 14-05-2011, 04:31 AM
MoonDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Heheee...you are so on with this! Just another day but that moon, that full moon...yeah break out crazy!
Ou, there is one this Tuesday
Old 14-05-2011, 04:44 AM
nightowl

Looking forward to it!