Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Then again... do we know what lies beyond 'want'?

Xan

Hmmm when does the giant leap come into it - if we just jumped to want would it work? Lol

Probably not for me...because the fear of failure would be too strong...what's left if u don't get what u want....disappointment? I guess that is why I cling to need because it gives the "out clause" if it doesn't work out - that's a bit revealing isn't it!!! Lol
Old 06-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
After all the work each had done to be complete they found each other on the edge of completeness and without needing to meet questioned why they might?

They just sat within site of each other wondering...

Or just sat . lol
content and complete :)
Old 06-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Master
Or just sat . lol
content and complete :)

There you go.

Then what would you do without need or want?

Whatever your spirit moves you to.

~ ~

Old 06-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Master
Xan quote: ........Whatever your spirit moves you to.

That I do yes :) lol

:)
Old 06-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Knower

Our most essential 'need' as human beings is to love, to be loved, and to be love. That need never goes away. It's all there is, really.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 AM
soul whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L88
Our most essential 'need' as human beings is to love, to be loved, and to be love. That need never goes away. It's all there is, really.
More than need this is IT. This is ALL WE ARE. This is what moves us, guides us, connects us all and Source/Universe/God...we only think we 'need' it and 'want' it because we think we don't have it, whereas it's in us all the time...(you only want and need something you think you don't have, so when you realise it's in you all the time out the window goes the 'want' and the 'need')....

[geez...where do I get these from?! lately I'm just drawn to write things out of the blue like I'm some messenger lol! and I say that cos I know I should be practicing what I preach!!!]
Old 06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Then again... do we know what lies beyond 'want'?

Xan

The space in which two people share love simply because they want to, and take delight in that sharing and mutual desire -- not because they need love to fill up their empty spaces.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul whisperer
More than need this is IT. This is ALL WE ARE. This is what moves us, guides us, connects us all and Source/Universe/God...we only think we 'need' it and 'want' it because we think we don't have it, whereas it's in us all the time...(you only want and need something you think you don't have, so when you realise it's in you all the time out the window goes the 'want' and the 'need')....

[geez...where do I get these from?! lately I'm just drawn to write things out of the blue like I'm some messenger lol! and I say that cos I know I should be practicing what I preach!!!]

Possibly I'm quibbling, but to me, want is very different than need.

"Need" arises from a misbelief that you are incomplete without the other. It places conditions and expectations on the other, as it looks to the other for love, rather than within. The addict "needs" his dose of drug, in ever increasing amounts.

"Want," on the other hand, arises from the belief you are already compete, that love is, as you say, already within you. It places no conditions and expectations on the other. It is the freedom to appreciate and take delight in the other for who they are, not for who you need them to be. The wine connoisseur doesn't "need" a glass of wine and can go without it -- but boy does she enjoy and want to partake in a particularly good vintage now and then.

When I read Rumi's poems, it seems to me that Rumi refers to this "wanting" -- the seeker who wants, rather than needs, is the one who finds the beloved.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Possibly I'm quibbling, but to me, want is very different than need.

"Need" arises from a misbelief that you are incomplete without the other. It places conditions and expectations on the other, as it looks to the other for love, rather than within. The addict "needs" his dose of drug, in ever increasing amounts.

"Want," on the other hand, arises from the belief you are already compete, that love is, as you say, already within you. It places no conditions and expectations on the other. It is the freedom to appreciate and take delight in the other for who they are, not for who you need them to be. The wine connoisseur doesn't "need" a glass of wine and can go without it -- but boy does she enjoy and want to partake in a particularly good vintage now and then.

When I read Rumi's poems, it seems to me that Rumi refers to this "wanting" -- the seeker who wants, rather than needs, is the one who finds the beloved.

SQ - I had another healing session tonight...I find it truly bizaar that you have just mirrored precisely what my healer was teaching me tonight - your words may have well been hers :) so much happened tonight not all of it great news to my "old self" but to the "new self" I am finding I know it is all ok just the way it is....
Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Then what would you do without need or want?

Whatever your spirit moves you to.

Spirit moving out of "want" rather than need is what it truly means to follow your heart... your desire.. your passion... the calling of your true self.

And it is freedom -- total freedom. Freedom to be who you are -- who you "want" to be not whom you "need" to be -- and freedom to allow others to be who they "want" to be not whom you or others need them to be.

Want IS the call of the spirit. What is beyond want? You find out by following your want. If you're following your need, you're going in the wrong direction... but if you can eliminate the needs, one by one, you discover your true wants.

Make sense?