Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 20-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Seven

Thanks for all the input, sorry I'm late to reply :P

Maybe now, I'll seriously commit to this haha.
Old 25-02-2015, 07:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Boost Your Energy With Yoga , Yoga is a deeply spiritual practice, improve stamina, strength and body flexibility, concentration and balance, improved metabolism,.

Last edited by Adrienne : 20-04-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Yoga can help you Improves Blood Circulation, Decreases stress, glow shining on face, weight lose and personal fitness. Yoga help in both Physical Health and Mental Health.

Last edited by Adrienne : 20-04-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Knower

I like Rodney Yee beginners courses. He has a very pleasant voice and I find it easier to wake up and do yoga to his voice. He has an array of beginner DVD's.
Old 16-04-2015, 08:13 AM
Prasant K

You can find some really good, instructional videos on Youtube. Try the channel PsycheTruth or Bryan n Rob.
PsycheTruth has good beginner routines that are slow while Bryan n Rob are into Power Yoga which can be intense at times.
Old 16-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by annayogini
The first time I tried yoga, it was just by watching CDs. It didn't work out so well. I enrolled in classes and it was great because I had someone correct my form. I think it's important when you're just starting out.

I agree with anna here 100%. You are stretching out your spine and other bones, tendons and muscles. If you are doing it wrong (and repeatedly so) then you could damage or put something out of alignment. You really need to do a basic yoga course somewhere with an instructor and then practice at home.

If you don't like your yoga class then you should change class. There are lots of possibilities in most areas these days.

Finally, in the UK you can check to find teachers certified by the British Wheel of Yoga. Just go the home page. This organisation provides good training and also uses the core Indian teachings which all trainee teachers have to study..
Old 16-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Everly

Kripalu. Lovelovelove Kripalu.
Old 14-06-2015, 02:33 AM
LorriePaige

I prefer DVDs. My absolute favorite is a 3-disc set called, "Yoga: For beginners & beyond".

It's awesome! It also includes a 30 minute bonus on "How to Meditate" with the Dalai Lama.

The 3 discs are:

Yoga for Stress Relief
AM/PM Yoga for Beginners
Essential Yoga for Inflexible People

Some you need a chair, some you don't. Routines are from 15-60 minutes. Over 40 routines for a wide range of needs.

I got mine a few years ago on Amazon.
Old 17-06-2015, 03:26 AM
Ascender
all my suggestions have been used already :)
happy yoga journey to you.