Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Master

You bring up a good point Miss Hepburn. Testosterone.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Most conflicts have religion somewhere in the mix, though not in every case.
Atheism has produced its fair share of brutality and butchery. (Stalin and Pol Pot for example.)

Man's lower consciousness is open to violence. Religion, nationalism and politics merely provide a convenient excuse to indulge.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
It's is known the president at that time was very religious and, in my opinion, was set to bring his religion into his job.

And the sheeple applauded. Standing ovations! It stunned me at the time.

It's an almost religious country. The people demand their religious response to things. And for most of them, that response is an eye for an eye.

I read an transcript of someone speaking during the elections, and his one argument was how the country was "safer" when there was a religious president in charge.

Me, I've never been one for those eye for an eye responses. I've always seen those experiences as sad. A loss of life to me, is always sad, no matter whom it was.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Master

holy micro macro worlds batman.

i looked up the word to see exactly what it means. the action of making one view or belief compatible with another.

religion? democrats/republicans. old school/new age.

i just do not know if it is possible. but it must somehow be. with the start of the thread it is focusing on religion. it is a "primary concern" i think the only way to achieve this is to keep an open dialogue.

i do not think the vast majority is stuck on the violence. they are just the noisiest and most visible. i also do not think they will listen. they are stuck in the old way rut. we in the new world, by that i mean the the Americas, are not as stuck in the rut.

there will always be those that are on either end of the spectrum. those that see the glass as not only half empty but all gone. then there are those that see the glass as full and things are better. i am one of the glass is full people.

i think the thing to remember is that the vast majority is in the middle. i am grateful that i can finally express my beliefs without being killed. i can remember a life where the person i identify with was killed for using her healing talents. i also see that people are still being killed and beheaded for expressing themselves. but i know that is not the vast majority.

i think that eternity is a very long time. i think that the bar is moving towards advancement. the mass majority no longer holds the same views that were held when i was born. so things are changing for the better. i love old age, it gives you a better perspective.

the glass half full or half empty. the old brain or the new brain. look only at the original brain or the brain we now work with. the lobes all 5 of them help us live a better life. we are not stuck in the old parts that cause violence instead of cooperative living.

even more exciting is how the brain is yet to evolve. the yet to be. i am not an expert. i am an experiencer. there are those that are awakening the next step. the meditation that many of us use is strengthening the carotid gland.
the glands work with chemicals to work with the body. this gland is coming alive with meditation. the carotid artery carries the oxygen. the breathing disciplines that we do affect the oxygen and there by feed the gland.

this is the next step. the 8th chakra that opens the door to spirit.

i know that i am not in the mass majority. not yet. but we are going to get there. we can fill the glass.

kk
Old 05-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Master

innerlight, yes. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of Christianity. This is the only place (sf) that I can talk with those who think like I do.

Please do not get me wrong my Christian friends here, I have nothing against Christianity, but I have to constantly curb my tongue so as not to offend or alarm Christians with my beliefs. They get very uncomfortable and uneasy and in some instances hostile, when I have tried to speak freely of my beliefs.

An eye of an eye merely means 2 people are blind in one eye. That is all.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
holy micro macro worlds batman.

i looked up the word to see exactly what it means. the action of making one view or belief compatible with another.

religion? democrats/republicans. old school/new age.

i just do not know if it is possible. but it must somehow be. with the start of the thread it is focusing on religion. it is a "primary concern" i think the only way to achieve this is to keep an open dialogue.

The primary concern (as I see it) is, if the violence told of in the scriptures can be reconciled, then the current day religious violence can be justified by those same means.

Quote:
i do not think the vast majority is stuck on the violence. they are just the noisiest and most visible. i also do not think they will listen. they are stuck in the old way rut. we in the new world, by that i mean the the Americas, are not as stuck in the rut.

there will always be those that are on either end of the spectrum. those that see the glass as not only half empty but all gone. then there are those that see the glass as full and things are better. i am one of the glass is full people.

i think the thing to remember is that the vast majority is in the middle. i am grateful that i can finally express my beliefs without being killed. i can remember a life where the person i identify with was killed for using her healing talents. i also see that people are still being killed and beheaded for expressing themselves. but i know that is not the vast majority.

i think that eternity is a very long time. i think that the bar is moving towards advancement. the mass majority no longer holds the same views that were held when i was born. so things are changing for the better. i love old age, it gives you a better perspective.

the glass half full or half empty. the old brain or the new brain. look only at the original brain or the brain we now work with. the lobes all 5 of them help us live a better life. we are not stuck in the old parts that cause violence instead of cooperative living.

even more exciting is how the brain is yet to evolve. the yet to be. i am not an expert. i am an experiencer. there are those that are awakening the next step. the meditation that many of us use is strengthening the carotid gland.
the glands work with chemicals to work with the body. this gland is coming alive with meditation. the carotid artery carries the oxygen. the breathing disciplines that we do affect the oxygen and there by feed the gland.

this is the next step. the 8th chakra that opens the door to spirit.

i know that i am not in the mass majority. not yet. but we are going to get there. we can fill the glass.

kk
Old 05-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Master

The primary concern is, if the violence told of in the scriptures can be reconciled, then the current day religious can be justified by those same means.

that is why i feel that the old, very old 2000 plus guide to life needs to be gone away with. it is now misleading not helpful. i am not really that much of a radical. for me, there came a time that i had to leave the faith of my family. how could i honor my parents without betraying myself? i could no longer betray the gifts that were growing in me.

kk
Old 05-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The primary concern (as I see it) is, if the violence told of in the scriptures can be reconciled, then the current day religious violence can be justified by those same means.

Absolutely.

Christianity is different here in the States than it was back in the 30's and 40's with evangelical trends on the rise. It's all about how God will give you whatever you want. You're a child of God!! And He wants you to prosper and be happy. I was a member of the evangelical trend for years so I know this from the inside out. Now that I am not longer affiliated with Christianity, I shudder to see the boldness of modern-day Christianity.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Israel is a hotbed of conflict. The Israelis and the Arabs live in survival mode. Hatred being the common denominator. And isn't serving in the army mandatory?

And there is the issue of the Dome of the Rock between the two nationals, which brings the religious connotations into the equation. The children are brought up, taught hostility as soon as they can walk. Of course I am generalizing. But the culture is very different from here in the United States, anyway.

Form the international perspective, the US has extremely aggressive foreign policies, and play a lead role in today's religious conflict.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Master

Quote:
innerlight, yes. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of Christianity. This is the only place (sf) that I can talk with those who think like I do.

Please do not get me wrong my Christian friends here, I have nothing against Christianity, but I have to constantly curb my tongue so as not to offend or alarm Christians with my beliefs. They get very uncomfortable and uneasy and in some instances hostile, when I have tried to speak freely of my beliefs.

An eye of an eye merely means 2 people are blind in one eye. That is all.

very true. i often am attacked for stating my views. i have learned to do so slowly. one of my guides is called the joker. laughter is the ability to accept something and then in the moment you realize it is not true, you laugh. he uses pointed sentences that bring laughter. kind of cracking the shell of belief.

kk