Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 15-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Deactivated Account

A question to New Age people about the Mayans

Just a general question. I think I remember seeing something about how some ancient civilizations are supposedly extraterrestrial and the Mayans had something to do with this. Were the Mayans extraterrestrial? What was their role in the ancient world? Where did they come from? What is their cosmic mythology? I would be grateful if anyone could answer these questions for me or show me any decent links that that would explain it. Thanks
Old 16-06-2014, 12:43 AM
elisi

i'm not certain but i can only tell you what a shaundonessee (shawnee) holy man told me.

he said their migration story states that they originated in the pleiades, then to mu then to south america where they were known as mayans.

i doubt if you would find a link on the internet about this-these stories are orally passed down from generation to generation.

again-this is what he told me.
Old 16-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks
Old 16-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Badger1777

I don't think they were extraterrestrial. I think that is just a convenient idea to suit the built in human arrogance we all have to some degree.

Some of the ancient cultures were evidently a lot more clever than we think they ought to have been, so rather than simply accepting that they were clever enough to do things that we struggle to explain, things that were far too advanced for a primitive savage that didn't even know how to use a computer, we conclude that they must have been descended from, or influenced by, some super intelligent alien race.

I think they seemed so clever, simply because they were more observant than we are nowadays. Without the technology we have today, they would be more concerned with getting the farming jobs done at the right time so that they don't starve. And that would have meant tracking time and the seasons and weather patterns, without satellites and computers or complex machines. Which would have meant taking a very detailed interest in the stars, and build great structures with just the right alignments to track time by tracking what was happening in the sky.
Old 16-06-2014, 10:45 PM
elisi

then i wonder how the ancient austrailian aboriginies knew just how many planets and other things in our star system as depicted in cave drawings.

there are many more examples of ancient cultures knowledge of things they could not have possibly known without the aid of telescopes, etc.

but i won't try to convince you as it seems you have already made up your mind. which is ok-you're entitled to your opinion.
Old 16-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
then i wonder how the ancient austrailian aboriginies knew just how many planets and other things in our star system as depicted in cave drawings.

there are many more examples of ancient cultures knowledge of things they could not have possibly known without the aid of telescopes, etc.

but i won't try to convince you as it seems you have already made up your mind. which is ok-you're entitled to your opinion.

Because they wont have been bound by modern ideas of what is possible or normal.

Nobody would ever attempt to build stone henge today without the aid of great machines. That would be impossible

Through meditation, we can learn a lot that can't be learned by conventional means. If we can do this today with all the distractions and biases of the modern world, imagine how well the ancient people do it.

I genuinely believe (based on my own meditation experiences) that we can see very real things that our eyes are not capable of seeing.

I also believe that everything can give information. Not exactly speak and I'd be wary of even calling it communication, but you can certainly receive knowledge from the earth or from the universe or from spirits if you listen correctly. We know that many ancient cultures associated certain celestial bodies with powerful spirits, so perhaps they, with superior mind skills, were being given some of their knowledge and collating that with physical observations, to give a very accurate and detail picture of the situation.
Old 16-06-2014, 11:15 PM
elisi

so you believe that our earth has only been home to people born on earth? and no extraterrestrials have come here?
Old 17-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Master
Scarlett, there are a couple of prominent theories, one new age and one old age wisdom. The new age theory is that extra-terrestrials have been visiting and sharing their wisdom throughout the ages. The other is that adepts and ascended beings, capable of etheric and astral manipulation (think pyramid construction, descending from the sky, walking on water, water to wine, bi-location) have been teaching their less-evolved sisters and brothers throughout the course of human evolution. The Mayans were humans.

Badger is correct about meditation and telepathy, it's possible to communicate and share visions with anyone, anywhere in the world. elisi is correct in that aboriginals enter dream time consciousness or the Akashic which allows the human being direct access to the knowledge of the stars.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Master
I concur with Badger and Baile. As far as intelligence goes, we are no more intelligent than The Cro-Magnon and Neanderthals - perhaps even less so. Intelligence is a false factor. The real key is Intelligent Behavior i.e. behaviour appropriate and in sympathy with your environment. By that measure, we modern humans fail the test !
The Alien Belief system is just god/spirit belief brought up to the 20th century.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
As far as intelligence goes, we are no more intelligent than The Cro-Magnon and Neanderthals.
I get your point - good point BTW - but I wouldn't go that far!