Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Neeti_Shri

hi papoose!
waw,that's so lovely to know!thank u so much...sri sai baba has also a lot of guidelines for women and mothers.

for the family he says,
When there is understanding and harmony in the family, peace will spread to the community, and from there to the nation and the world. Unity confers joy and peace.

baba always emphasises on the greatness of women and has a lot more to say.im unable to find more guidelines on the web.i shall let u know once i find them.please visit the website given in the links section where a lot more is given on women and mothers and family..thank u!neeti.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Neeti_Shri

TFTD as written in prashanti nilayam on sept 9,2005

Man has made tremendous progress in science and technology. But, in the field of spirituality, he is still unable to rid himself of narrow cynicism, limited outlook, and the demonic hold of selfishness, pride, envy and other evil traits. When we examine the basic cause for this state of affairs, we discover that it is the consequence of egoism that has struck deep roots in the heart of man. It has reduced man to the status of a puppet. It pollutes his thoughts, words and deeds. It directs him to gather and hoard material riches. It does not allow the Atma (Self) to shine forth. When the veil of egoism is set aside, the Atma is revealed, Jnana (wisdom) dawns and Ananda (Bliss) results.- SAI BABA.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Neeti_Shri

TFTD as written on 18th January 2006
Without God, there is no universe. To ask for physical proof of the existence of bliss or love or the fragrance of a flower is impracticable. To deny the reality of love on the ground that it has no recognizable form is meaningless. Love may have no form, but the mother who exhibits love has a form. All beings are manifestations of the Cosmic Divine. The forms are different, but the spirit that animates them all is One, like the current that illumines bulbs of different colours and wattage. Cultivate this feeling of oneness and do not be critical of any faith or religion. Dedicate your lives to the service of your fellow beings. Thereby, you will be redeeming your lives.
- BABA
Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
dreamer

Hey neetikamath,

you talk about Sai Baba as though he were seperate from you. If this is so do you foresee a time when you will allow yourself to become an incarnation of God yourself, as Sai Babas teachings suggest we already are? Just wondered, something i have wondered about.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:28 PM
imageimaginer

Here's my thought for the day.

"Don't just look at the world but feel it with your eyes." -imageimaginer
Old 08-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Neeti_Shri

hi dreamer!
since god alone exists,as often declared by lord krishna and baba,i do not think god is seperate from me either.but thinking is one thing,experiencing this eternal truth is another.after undertaking several spiritual practices without respite,one gets to this stage of 'god-realisation',when union with god is experienced.i am only trying to get to that highest stage as most of us are.
we are already incarnations of god,but we do not have all the sixteen qualities that mark an 'avatar' or 'full incarnation' like krishna or baba from the rest of the humans.we share only a few qualities with them and we all have 'karma' birth,while god who incarnates for the sake of mankind out of his own will and compassion,is not bound in any way.so we have to face the consequences of karma,life after life.thats basically the difference between us and the avatars.
plz read the books written by baba himself,or written by his devotees.thats the most important thing-according to me.all doubts regarding spiritual matters can get resolved and it is my personal experience that god guides me through these books, day after day.what can i say about my experiences?well god is beyond everything,beyond all explanation,beyond our mind.then the most one can do is experience the bliss of getting closer to god,and the sweetness of that experience cannot be explained.thank u!neeti.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Neeti_Shri

Thought for the day as written at Prasanthi Nilayam – July 24th, 2006
God is said to be a stealer of hearts! The whole world is God's. All of you belong to Him, though you may not know it. Therefore, He can take anything from anyone. He is the Master of the ether, wind, fire, water and earth; He can change the sky into the earth and the earth into the sky. He can also take hold of the hearts of people and fill them with Love. Once people taste the sweetness of His Love, they will not desire anything else. That is why He is called Chiththa Chora (stealer of hearts). Pray to Him, "O God! Enter my heart too and fill it with Love, so that I may love all your children, in all lands. Never covet what belongs to others. Do not talk about others but, if you must, talk only of the good in them.
-SAI BABA
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetikamath
hi dreamer!
since god alone exists,as often declared by lord krishna and baba,i do not think god is seperate from me either.but thinking is one thing,experiencing this eternal truth is another.after undertaking several spiritual practices without respite,one gets to this stage of 'god-realisation',when union with god is experienced.i am only trying to get to that highest stage as most of us are.
we are already incarnations of god,but we do not have all the sixteen qualities that mark an 'avatar' or 'full incarnation' like krishna or baba from the rest of the humans.we share only a few qualities with them and we all have 'karma' birth,while god who incarnates for the sake of mankind out of his own will and compassion,is not bound in any way.so we have to face the consequences of karma,life after life.thats basically the difference between us and the avatars.
plz read the books written by baba himself,or written by his devotees.thats the most important thing-according to me.all doubts regarding spiritual matters can get resolved and it is my personal experience that god guides me through these books, day after day.what can i say about my experiences?well god is beyond everything,beyond all explanation,beyond our mind.then the most one can do is experience the bliss of getting closer to god,and the sweetness of that experience cannot be explained.thank u!neeti.

Hey neetikamath,

thanks for the reply, i was interested to hear your thoughts. If you know you are God, and you know God can do anything and is everything maybe the quickest way to experience God is to imagine what it must be like to be God? You are the world around you, your thoughts created it, this is a dream and you are the dreamer and you are the dream, play with this idea if you want to experience real joy and peace, a joy and peace that can only come from knowing you are in control of yourself and that yourself is everything.

I love the quotes you have been posting keep them coming and i wish you every happiness in the coming year.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Neeti_Shri

hi dreamer,
thanx a lot,i am really touched.one of baba's teachings also goes like that,exactly as you have put it.this goes beyond just positive thinking and we are supposed to remind ourselves and always declare that we are god,not just this finite body...i do this myself often,i always remind myself i am god too,and i see v good results.sometimes i go deep into this kind of meditation and really feel something and know that i am not the body.yes,its just a dream as baba often says,a creation of our mind.we are gods who believe we are bound and must be liberated.our mind always sees diversity while spiritual vision sees unity.i am also practising spiritual vision and seeing good results.thank u so much for your wise words...i do feel real joy and peace ,thanx to spirituality and my guru ,baba.i wish u the best in the coming year too,filled with god's blessings..thank u!neeti.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Neeti_Shri

TFTD as written in prashanti nilayam today 9th january 2006:
Love is light. It illumines your path and helps you reach the goal. Your journey of life will be safe and secure when you carry the light of love with you. Love is God. Live in love. Truly speaking, you are the very embodiments of love. Let the stream of love flow from one heart to another. Consider love as your life. This is your foremost duty. You may search anywhere in the world, you cannot find anything greater than love. You can conquer the whole world with the weapon of love. There is nothing that you cannot achieve with the power of love. Love is the supreme power. True human value lies in sharing and experiencing the supreme love. The power of love is unmatched. When you fill your heart with love, all people will become your brothers and sisters. You will not have enemies at all! SAI BABA
Closed Thread