Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Master
I never said I didn't believe in the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Scapegoat.

I understand and believe that Jesus' sacrifice was the way to cleanse the earth of sin. And as the scapegoat, the one who doesn't deserve the punishment or accepts the blame, he took on and died in solidarity with our sins.

Listen Morpheus. I agree with it all! The evidence of spirituality revolving Jesus as the Messiah etc is overwhelming. I pretty much believe in the entire Church creed but I have a different interpretation.- One that is SPIRITUAL and less dogmatic.

I don't think blood sacrifices are needed for an all-loving Infinite Being. In fact Jesus said he desired mercy, not sacrifice. Besides dying with our sins to transform them, and conquering death, the third reason Jesus died on the Cross was to end blood sacrifice once and for all. If your going to join in fellowship and unity with God, do not sacrifice lesser objects such as animals, material things, etc- sacrifice your everyday self so your true Self can take over which is a unity with God.

But how many do this? And why did Jesus go to such extremes to demonstrate this? Because there were other factors in why he went to the cross, the others I already mentioned which were taking on humanity's errors or hate towards Love and overcoming death.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Time

Depends on what you read. According to the bible, the jewish priests were afraid of being over thrown by the rebels. The romans were of a similar mind but were more like " hey, its your problem".

All in all according to most traditions he was crucified because the people demanded it (even though I dont think thats how it happened in the bible).

To make it more complicated. One could say god created him to die do usher in a new belief system. Some may tell you that he died to fulfull the old covanent, or at least to break adam and eves "Curse", if thats how you want to think of it . What ever the reason, he chose to die himself which i guess is the untimate reason
Old 31-07-2013, 01:10 PM
StaroftheSea

Soulfire we are on the same page - you have written everything I was going to write last evening and then my system crashed - praise and thanks be to You Dear Jesus Christ and Our Lady Mary now and for Eternity.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Experiencer
you have to understand the old jewish and hindu traditions of sacrifice. you killed a lamb in the name of god, and that would cleanse you of your sin. and so this would happen regularly. so the idea is that jesus was a truly perfect lamb whose sacrifice would end all sacrifice.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:39 PM
StaroftheSea

Rabbit Heart, I thought you may wish to read a Post of Soulfire's that actually explains quite a bit about the Love and Trust we should have in Jesus/God and asking for the atonement of our sins through Jesus/God's Divine Love and Mercy RH,

Love and kindest wishes

Soulfire's beautiful Post:
Jesus died because he did not and would not deny who he was, God's representative on earth. Jealously, envy, fear, all these human emotions played into his death.

His mission was to spread the knowledge of God's Love the Gift, in word and by example. His disciples showed that 'other' people could do the same thing by obtaining this Love in their souls. We have very powerful souls if activated with God's Love.

I hate to break this to you all, but your sins are still yours. There is no such thing as vicarious atonement. This is a terrible lie which has neutered humanity into a false sense of security. We are passive about our faith when we should be the opposite, on fire for God.

The churches have stifled our desires to obtain this Love by simply saying we have IT by some mental exercise "belief". No, it doesn't work that way. True relationship with God is not like a drive through window folks.

Furthermore, if you knew the truth, that you can go directly to God for this awesome Love, then you wouldn't need the church as the "middlemen". Hmmm maybe this is why the other gospels (IE Thomas and some others) didn't make the cut....

Sadly real faith is a mere shadow today compared to back then. It was easier to be close to God due to their beliefs in Him already. Now in this world of chaos of confusion it is so much harder to get close to God in a real way. It takes real effort, silence, determination, patience, longing, and humility.

God and you can become one, one in Love, one in purpose, one in destiny... But it takes work, it takes opening your heart to Him, over and over again.

Jesus is my brother in this Love and God my Father. I can tell you that if someone put a gun to my head and wanted me to deny God in my life, I would tell them to just shoot because I never would.

God's Love is the most natural, necessary substance you could ever need, because you are a child of it.

Peace to all
(Soulfire's Post)