Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
miss.hawaiki

Able to use my abilites when younger, now not. Help?

Hey guys,

So I was wondering if anyone could please help guide me or give me tips on awakening my spiritual gifts from Source!

When I was a little girl, I was able to connect with many spirits, see spirits and found that one of my gifts or talents was being able to have see what was going to happen in the future through my dreams or saying things (not understanding why I am saying them) and those things happening even the most stupidest of things.

Anyway, through my childhood and early teen years, now 21, I was ridiculed by much of my family and some friends I told often looked at me weird or would tune out to what I was saying. I was told many a time by family that I was just trying to seek attention or be like someone else or was trying to make out like I was more better than someone else or "special". This was not the case. I also would be called crazy many times. So, I shut off. Now I am quite frightened but also want to break past this and awaken my true gifts again. I would love some ideas and some help.

Thanks for reading and it would be awesome to hear some advice, thanks ♥
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Master
Meditation is a great key..always ask your quides for protection prior
and being in Nature

Im sure others can offer more suggestions for you soon
Old 08-07-2011, 02:06 AM
miss.hawaiki

Thanks. I have tried to meditate but nothing eventuates. I feel I need to calm my mind more.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.hawaiki

Anyway, through my childhood and early teen years, now 21, I was ridiculed by much of my family and some friends I told often looked at me weird or would tune out to what I was saying. I was told many a time by family that I was just trying to seek attention or be like someone else or was trying to make out like I was more better than someone else or "special". This was not the case. I also would be called crazy many times. So, I shut off. Now I am quite frightened but also want to break past this and awaken my true gifts again. I would love some ideas and some help.

This happens to most of us in one way or another. The need for love from family/friends and the compulsion to fit in with our piers is a powerful influence. Be grateful that you realize the value of reclaiming your power. The power I speak of is not the skills so much as the willingness to be faithful to your truth - whatever that may be.

Always be discreet in what you speak about to those in your life. Respect where they are coming from. This is a lot easier to do than most of us can appreciate once you refine the art of listening to others. They will Always define what they wish to hear about from you. Comply with that and all will come together quite nicely.

Getting those skills back is fairly straight forward. Reflective meditation which involves imaginary conversations with the thoughts that come to you will get you started in the most productive direction.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 08-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Medium_Laura

Yes I agree with John. Belief and releasing the fear and negativity that your family has put on you for being "special". It isn't a curse or a defect, it is a part of who you are. Remember to embrace it and know it as a good force within you. That will help to remove the blocks that are keeping you shut down. :)