Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Light Earth

Affected by the weather?

Hi all,

Just a question for you - do you get very affected, energetically, by the weather?

Here in the UK the weather has been very up and down this summer so I have had lots of examples of feeling very down when the weather is sad also (cold, dark, cloudy).

Just wondering how many of the sensitives on here also suffer from this, and if so, what you do about it? It really seems to effect me.

Not in the sense of SAD (seasonal effectiveness disorder) but more in a subtle energetic way.

With love,

LE xxx
Old 29-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Master
Hi Light Earth,

Yes!

I love the sun!

When it's about first thing in the morning it makes a diffence to the start of my day!

I also love the rain though!

It's cleansing and hydrating and can have as much of an invigorating affect as the sun does.

Thunder storms affect me, before they start I get a gloomy feeling, sometimes a headache, whilst it's happening I can feel the electricity and after a sense of peace.

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 29-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Time

I get wicked headaches when the pressure changes. Living on the foothills of the rockys was hell for that. I get really "twitchy" when storms come. Not nervous or paranoid, just a bit... edgy i guess... kinda like animals. They jsut get alert. Not to mention i cant sit down LOL
Old 29-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Earth
Hi all,

Just a question for you - do you get very affected, energetically, by the weather?

Here in the UK the weather has been very up and down this summer so I have had lots of examples of feeling very down when the weather is sad also (cold, dark, cloudy).

Just wondering how many of the sensitives on here also suffer from this, and if so, what you do about it? It really seems to effect me.

Not in the sense of SAD (seasonal effectiveness disorder) but more in a subtle energetic way.

With love,

LE xxx

Absolutely I do! When it rains I have a very strong connection to the Other Side. I don't tend to feel down unless I'm in my head too much. I work on letting go of thoughts that aren't serving my highest good. We all have them; we all have down and off days. :) We're human!

Same here Time, my head throbs when a pressure front is coming.
Old 29-06-2011, 03:11 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
we all have down and off days. :) We're human!

Does it seem to you that those "off" days come more frequently as one ages? It seems so to me. Perhaps it's just a case of realizing that a good portion of one's life is now behind us, and we don't have a real long time to accomplish what we aspire to and have not achieved. Maybe too it is the compilation of losses.. loved ones crossing over, narrowing our circle of support.

Wisdom is supposed to come with age, but even Ericson, famed behavioral psychiatrist who came up with the seven stages of life, said he did not experience what he expected to in the final stage of life...that he didn't feel wise or accomplished at all, and in fact felt himself to be very much the same questing, questioning, "looking-for-answers" individual he'd always been, only there was this wizened OLD guy looking back at him when he happened to glance in the mirror! He cited depression as an on-going accompaniment in his final years, chalking it up to aches and pains in a body that will no longer perform as it did and seems to have become the enemy, and also to the diminished roles one is able to assume.

What are your thoughts?
Old 29-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Medium_Laura

I don't have as many off days as I did when I was stressed out. I'm super busy lately so I do find I am "less connected" when my mind is focused on mundane, I have that "not connected" feeling.

Hope that helps :) Just work on getting back into spiritual routine and it helps me.
Old 29-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Light Earth

I actually find that there are more reasons to challenge our happiness when we get older - as you say, grief, loss, generally growing up and having more responsibility and seeing more of life than we did when we were 'young and free'.

However, I find that my coping strategies do improve as I learn to see the illusion and realise the truth.

The sadness or offness that I feel with the change in weather seems to be more subtle, a kind of 'oh, I have a headache - why is that?' or 'I feel a bit off - why is that?' and then I look outside and see the sky is black and thick with clouds.

I agree Laura, one needs to reabsorb the light and love around at these times and remember... this is all just a game!

L xx
Old 29-06-2011, 04:14 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I don't have as many off days as I did when I was stressed out. I'm super busy lately so I do find I am "less connected" when my mind is focused on mundane, I have that "not connected" feeling.

Hope that helps :) Just work on getting back into spiritual routine and it helps me.

In terms of the specific issues raised in my post, may I ask how old you are? You don't have to answer if it's too personal
Old 29-06-2011, 04:24 PM
LightFilledHeart

Hello Light Earth,

Thank you for addressing my comments.

[quote=Light Earth]I actually find that there are more reasons to challenge our happiness when we get older - as you say, grief, oss, generally growing up and having more responsibility and seeing more of life than we did when we were 'young and free'.

Yes, all of which is a powerful influencing factor.

However, I find that my coping strategies do improve as I learn to see the illusion and realise the truth.

I agree with you there. Sometimes easier said than done, the human psyche being what it is, but certainly something that comes with maturity and which we're better able to access as we age.

The sadness or offness that I feel with the change in weather seems to be more subtle, a kind of 'oh, I have a headache - why is that?' or 'I feel a bit off - why is that?' and then I look outside and see the sky is black and thick with clouds.

I actually don't suffer weather malaise. I love the sun, and I like the rain, too! I enjoy the progression of seasons and feel very in tune with Mother Earth's cycles