Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM
bluebird

Unhappy Advice needed please

On Saturday we, that is my mother, brother and I had two readings , one together and one individually, we had these sittings taped because obviously you don't remember everything thats been said throughout.
Now the first reading (all together was accurate) in that my maternal grandparents came through, much to my surprise.This wasn't the reading that bothered me, my individual one did. You see, I saw the same medium as my mum apparently and straight after she'd seen her so I felt as though the reading was perhaps a little biased? She did things like ask me my star sign and then told me a load of typical "leo traits" to which even my family agree I don't fit. Like being the centre of attention etc- I'm shy!

She said my father came through, but there have been a few significant events in my life since his passing and there wasn't a word of congratulations or even an acknowledgement?- this part doesn't sound like my dad.
During the reading she said my dad used to sing to me when I was little, which he did (but there wasn't any evidence such as the song he sang), she got the part about his sense of humour right and she mentioned walking by water with my dad and a dog, which I did.She also mentioned dog spirits which also fits.
In both readings the mediums said I sense things, which sometimes I do.
I felt okay on saturday about the reading but in the last couple of days I've started to feel really down,sad. I feel completely and utter lost with this...
Old 12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
unus supra

its alright bluebird. maybe the sadness is a gentle way of saying this is not something you need in your life.
simple, plain even. but its the only advice i have, i hate being sad, so i hope you feel better.

kavon
Old 12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Light Earth

Hi Bluebird, so sorry you feel sad as a result of this. The best advice I can give is to listen to your heart and 'gut feel', take what feels right and leave the rest. If you feel your Dad didn't really come through, maybe that was simply because it was not the right time, I can assure you that he is with you always, only a thought away. X
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Tink

Light Earth is right :) Our loved ones never truly leave us
Old 13-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird
On Saturday we, that is my mother, brother and I had two readings , one together and one individually, we had these sittings taped because obviously you don't remember everything thats been said throughout.
Now the first reading (all together was accurate) in that my maternal grandparents came through, much to my surprise.This wasn't the reading that bothered me, my individual one did. You see, I saw the same medium as my mum apparently and straight after she'd seen her so I felt as though the reading was perhaps a little biased? She did things like ask me my star sign and then told me a load of typical "leo traits" to which even my family agree I don't fit. Like being the centre of attention etc- I'm shy!

She said my father came through, but there have been a few significant events in my life since his passing and there wasn't a word of congratulations or even an acknowledgement?- this part doesn't sound like my dad.
During the reading she said my dad used to sing to me when I was little, which he did (but there wasn't any evidence such as the song he sang), she got the part about his sense of humour right and she mentioned walking by water with my dad and a dog, which I did.She also mentioned dog spirits which also fits.
In both readings the mediums said I sense things, which sometimes I do.
I felt okay on saturday about the reading but in the last couple of days I've started to feel really down,sad. I feel completely and utter lost with this...
Hi Bluebird and welcome to SF :) .. hope you find our little community helpful and inspiring.

First of all can I ask how many mediums were working, and how many people were at the sitting? I'm only asking this because if the Medium was rushing through people then there's a possiblity she had run out of steam a little.

Ok back to basics. What you have to remember is a Medium can only work with what Spirit bring through. A good medium will just give what they get without putting their own thoughts into the read. It also depends on how she was feeling at that particular time. If she was tired for instance then messages can be misinterpreted. After all, a medium is just the telephone line between sitter and spirit and occasionally the exchange goes a bit skew whiff.

I'm a little concerned on the first part of your read though. It sounds to me like she was 'cold reading' and not actually reading you at all. Astrology is a science, studied very carefully. It not only depends on your Sun sign, but also your rising sign and where the planets were placed when you were born. So to my mind its as if she was giving an overview of what leo traits would be.

going back to your dad .. just because your achievements weren't brought through doesn't mean he doesn't recognise what you've accomplished. You KNOW in your heart of hearts dad is looking over you, and how proud he is of you. Just like he was in life. You dont' need a medium to bring your dad through to you love, he's there already, in your heart. Talk to him, tell him how you feel, tell him what you've done that day, ask him questions - and watch for the answers appearing out of the blue. thoughts that pop into your head for no apparant reason, a song that's significant being played on the radio, a storyline in a tv programme that is virtually the same thing you've been asking about .. these are all the ways spirit can and do work to help guide you through your life.

Chalk this read down to experience, let it go it's happened, it's over and nothing you can do to change it. Keeping hold of the anger, bitterness and resentment will hold you back. You deserve more than that.

Hope thats helped a bit.
Namaste
Jue x
Old 13-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Gerryh

The medium was cold reading and didn't pick up anything that was specific to you.My dad sung to me and we went for walks with the dog etc applies to everybody just about.Being a psychic is very much a hit and miss affair.To get the most out of it you would do best by engaging.
Best wishes Gerry
Old 13-04-2011, 03:50 PM
bluebird

I'd like to thank all of you for your responses, you helped to comfort me. The first reading with myself mum and brother did seem accurate as he didn't ask specific questions, he related what he saw/felt and all of it was accurate- I can't explain it. The second reading with another medium I wasn't too happy about, she was talking about spiritualism and its origins etc first for about ten minutes. It then moved on to leo (my starsign traits) and starsign traits of my fiance. she then said about children, that i'd have two!- which is an average number. moved onto my work situation etc, the issues with the car. She also said my father was there singing and laughing etc, and showing her "wheels" asking did you have something with wheels as a child (well most children do!). I'm not intending to be cynical, but my dad had a particular song he always used to sing for me when I was little, isn't there a very good possibility that a name of the song of a lyric from it would have cropped up?
I think I feel 'unsettled' by it because I feel now I've been 'taken in' by someone who isn't necessarily as genuine as I was led to believe.
I'm genuinely touched by your responses, thank you.