Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The source? People ...

Everybody should always do only whatever they think to be the right by their own standards. They should watch their karma,
not public opinion, social media, self-proclaimed good people, ...
Thank you.
Now, to clarify to others reading..we are not talking about turning people away if they do not have
the means to give something...as Abraham-Hicks would...but these are workshops...
But, Ester has a gift.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
If they want to actually heal people for a living then they should become a doctor instead of swindling others with so-called healing powers. As for why, money is the one and only true god of the world. It's as simple as that.

Ironically, a John Hopkins study shows that after heart diseases and cancer, the third leading cause of death in the USA is medical error, or iatrogenics.

Peace
Old 16-02-2020, 11:56 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondering. Does any one know the source of this concept?
And so, if they do - they are obvious charlatans?

I do recall Jesus' group had a treasurer and money was given.

Are healers destined to be poor? As if it is their lot in life?
This is what they deserve, in other words, then - to accept nothing in return for their time and often travel expenses?

During an NDE/OBE from a "drowning" when just a toddler, was when I first met God. And after being returned to life discovered that I had many spiritual "gifts". And so I strongly feel that it would be an insult to God if I made a dog and pony show out of them for money.
Old 16-02-2020, 11:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
It's sacrilege as far as I'm concerned. Get a regular job and do it in ones spare time. An honour and a privilege to be gifted with the ability.

What about those healers who have invested thousands of dollars and done numerous courses to become qualified in whatever they do, such as hypnotherapists or chiropractors? They provide a service, as much as plumbers or mechanics or lawyers. Why should they not charge for their services?

If we are talking about spiritual healers, those with a particular gift, then they too have costs and they have bills to pay. Why expect them to work for nothing on top of holding down a regular job. Anyone can do a regular job - surely people with special gifts should be able to focus on what they do best and earn a living from it.

There is a lot of idealism around this issue but living in the real world makes practical demands. I have no problem with healers or spiritual teachers charging for their time and knowledge and experience. If their charges are unreasonable then people will not pay to see them.

How many of us would spend all our spare time voluntarily working for nothing on top of holding a regular job?

Peace
Old 17-02-2020, 12:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eternal Soul
During an NDE/OBE from a "drowning" when just a toddler, was when I first met God. And after being returned to life discovered that I had many spiritual "gifts". And so I strongly feel that it would be an insult to God if I made a dog and pony show out of them for money.

You seem to be proud that you don't take money.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2020, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondering. Does any one know the source of this concept?
And so, if they do - they are obvious charlatans?

I do recall Jesus' group had a treasurer and money was given.

Are healers destined to be poor? As if it is their lot in life?
This is what they deserve, in other words, then - to accept nothing in return for their time and often travel expenses?

I agree with everything that Jyotir has said, but kindly allow me to elaborate in my own way.

Those who have received the gift of healing, psychic ability, priestly service etc would do well to understand that this "gift" is not for themselves to take advantage of, but for the sick, disadvantaged and needy to. It is a gift for them and the healer/psychic is only a channel...a conduit for those energies which is beyond monetary value like the sun which gives us an alternative source of illumination....the sun doesn't say "I will only shine if you pay me to".

In the era of civilization which I come from, it was always like this. The "payment" that healers, psychics and shamans received was in the smiles of others..was watching those they healed or did services for, thrive and prosper and yet, they were never "poor".

At first, others wanted to show gratitude to the shaman by bestowing material possessions in exchange for the healing so they would not feel "karmically indebted" and yet, the shaman also could not accept the payment either for exactly the same reason...and so, arrangements were made for those "satisfied customers" to make donations of money, food, clothing etc to the poor instead...to help others benefit from the healing they received...it was actually a very good system whereby everybody benefitted...win/win all around.

I don't understand what has changed, but this notion of "compensation" has become very important in today's society and coming from a different culture and tradition, I cannot understand it at all.

"I need to be compensated for my time, my gas for the car, my travel expenses, my healing oils/herbs and I need to put food on the table...etc".

Like others have said, maybe they should get a JOB to make money, because healing was never meant to be a job and the same forces...the same energy which has given the gift, can also ensure survival...that is IF it is a true gift and not others pretending just to have one TO benefit materially from it.

....and just so you know, this comes from one who was married to a Hindu pujari (priest) who used to hoard gifts of shirts, socks, towels, rice, lentils, potatoes, aarti coins, incense...our whole house was full of all this stuff from floor to ceiling and it became too much for me to bear due to all of my past life memories which are more "real" to me than the present life is.
Old 17-02-2020, 01:00 AM
See, I told you this would be an interesting topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2020, 01:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Ironically, a John Hopkins study shows that after heart diseases and cancer, the third leading cause of death in the USA is medical error, or iatrogenics.

Peace

That's rather questionable. It's true that medical errors do happen, but not to an exagerative level. And do I need to remind you that it was science that successfully wiped out a lot of deadly diseases? But very well, if you ever get something serious and decide to blindly trust a self-proclaimed healing guru instead of actual experts, who am I to Judge? It's your own choice, and I can't really call it anything else than natural selection if it turns out to be a fatal mistake.
Old 17-02-2020, 01:36 AM
Master

I googled to see what others say ...

Quote:
Because they exist in human bodies and have to eat, have shelter, travel, pay bills, support their families. If you want free advisors - learn to communicate with your Spirit Guides - they exist in the 5th dimension and have no physical needs and gladly help you for free. But this requires effort and time for meditation, shutting down your “monkey mind”. There is also a lot of spiritual guidance and meditations on Youtube for free.
I guess that if a healer did something wrong with his God given gift, God would take it away ...?

If you don't trust a healer who charges, go to one who doesn't. Your negative thoughts about the healer will impede his work on you, and will generate negative karma for you.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2020, 01:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
That's rather questionable. It's true that medical errors do happen, but not to an exagerative level. And do I need to remind you that it was science that successfully wiped out a lot of deadly diseases? But very well, if you ever get something serious and decide to blindly trust a self-proclaimed healing guru instead of actual experts, who am I to Judge? It's your own choice, and I can't really call it anything else than natural selection if it turns out to be a fatal mistake.

Medical errors third-leading cause of death in America

Quote:
A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000. Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.Feb 22, 2018