Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 28-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Tsuga

Barking dogs and cats

I usually remember my dreams, yet over the past two or three weeks I have only been able to recall a fragment at most.

Last night's dream (Saturday to Sunday morning) was no exception. I could only remember dreaming that my room was almost completely dark and for some reason I was at the door to the balcony. There were several small furry animals leaping and jumping around the door. I had the impression they were small cats. I had reached out my hands to pet and calm them done some. A little irresponsible perhaps, as I wasn't sure what they really were, and maybe they might have bit, or scratched, or even stung!
But then on reflection it's also as if I were fumbling blindly to unlock the door. Which is a little odd, as my door has been left open for the last fortnight because of the hot weather.

So here's the strange thing.
I hear a dog yelping...like really berserk yelping. At first, I'm sure it's part of the dream because the dog sounds unusually frantic, even excited beyond description. Then I'm awake. And so is half the neighborhood. I'm guessing it's around 5am - there's some blue in the sky. I start hearing someone shouting to shut the dog up. Then another and another. Several angry voices, from several bedrooms, are shouting and yelling for the dog owner to calm his pet. Really really really bizarre...

I've just started reading a book by the author, Steve Hounsome. I've only read a few chapters so far, and it happens to be the first book I've read in many months. I was even thinking that I may have gone through the longest spell of not reading any book at all since maybe I was a teenager. It's been that long. So bizarre !!!

t.

Last edited by Tsuga : 28-07-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 29-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Suspended
You feel you have trouble reaching the daylight in this dream. You want out of some situation in real life.
Old 29-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Deactivated Account

so the cats or catlike creatures were in your dream, and the dogs started out in your dream but turned out to be real life ?

and then you mention a book you just started reading ? ..... do you think this book has any connection to your dreams, or was influencing somehow your dreams ?
Old 30-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Tsuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
You feel you have trouble reaching the daylight in this dream. You want out of some situation in real life.

That makes a lot of sense. There might be several situations I could think of, if I were pressed to make a list.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
so the cats or catlike creatures were in your dream, and the dogs started out in your dream but turned out to be real life ?

and then you mention a book you just started reading ? ..... do you think this book has any connection to your dreams, or was influencing somehow your dreams ?

They may have been cats, but the room was too dark to see what they were.
I'd read your post earlier that day about the jumping spider on your doorstep. Then later I'd read a different post about someone seeing shadowy critters in their peripheral vision. I think those two themes may have merged for some reason!

The book was just a coincidence about the author's name (Steve Hounsome), almost spelling the word, "hounds".

It's so difficult to describe just how overexcited the neighbor's dog was!
It's almost as if the dog had saw something so outlandish that the poor thing could only howl and howl and howl ...
I can't quite shake off the impression of a fox hunt: horses, hounds, men in red and white hunting outfits, and the fox - sitting on the rump of the last horse, with a huge smile on it's face.

t.
Old 30-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Deactivated Account

I did catch the coincidence with the author's name and hounds

maybe the poor dog saw a ghost ? !!

ha ha, smart fox ! nice visual