Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Fear of success to me means feeling as though you will have to continually live up to some standard of perfection that seems daunting to maintain. Once you reach the top how do you hold onto it is the fear. Can you live up to others expectations. That is my perception.

This makes sense to me. Though I would call it a fear of not being consistent. I have never had the skill of consistency in my life so success has never really been on my radar. I've just never had the initiative either. So, I would go with, no, I don't feel my dream is about success. Though it's an interesting topic, and something a lot of people deal with. Maybe I will too someday!
Old 22-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Yes, this is what I am feeling also. "Spooky" is a good word for it too. In the past my "spirituality" dreams were often about bridges, sometimes so high the ground was completely out of range, sometimes other types of bridges as well like a bridge created in the canopy of some very large trees, etc. they never had the feeling of apprehension though.

But I have recently acknowledged spirit as more than just a theory in my imagination, and I do think I have some apprehension about integrating that knowledge n a more tactile way, so I have been feeling like backing down from it a bit since it's too much to take in at once. The height feel unfathomable like the destination of the elevator. I think it's alright to change my approach and wait for the next elevator to feel more secure.

I'm also close to my saturn return, which I have a feeling will be very significant for me. I have had many dreams lately concerning unstable or unsuitable grounding. So this crazy height could also represent a sort of lack of grounding, which I should find a way to work on! It's like my foundation to this point has been half-assed. I likely need to find a stronger foundation of support to move forward.

Exactly what I would have guessed--fear of spiritual "success" or moving faster in it than you were prepared to go.

Left side, especially when specifically chosen, to me means your spiritual (or feminine) side.

Lora
Old 22-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Exactly what I would have guessed--fear of spiritual "success" or moving faster in it than you were prepared to go.

Left side, especially when specifically chosen, to me means your spiritual (or feminine) side.

Lora

Oh interesting! I never really pay attention to directions or what side things are on in my dreams. This seems like a good association though. I think the left would indicate subconscious considering in this culture writing is from left to right, so left, being the starting point, would be the automatic choice before thought is put into the decision. It's the "natural" choice.

I. Can't help but notice my desire was to take the middle elevator after I got on it. Maybe "the middle way" is always best.
Old 22-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh interesting! I never really pay attention to directions or what side things are on in my dreams. This seems like a good association though. I think the left would indicate subconscious considering in this culture writing is from left to right, so left, being the starting point, would be the automatic choice before thought is put into the decision. It's the "natural" choice.

I. Can't help but notice my desire was to take the middle elevator after I got on it. Maybe "the middle way" is always best.

At first it didn't make sense to me, just because of the associations of "left" be wrong-handed (as in left-handed people being made to learn to write right-handed). There is also the fact that left in Latin is from the same base as the word Sinister. (Don't know why I remember that!).

And that the expression "left hand not knowing what the right is doing" .

Although now that I think of it, it might make lots of sense. Our spiritual knowing is often at odds with what the "right hand" (physical body) is doing.

I started to pay attention because I have a lot of (smaller) physical issues that relate to the right side or are worse on the right side. I think it has to do with acceptance of physical body (as opposed to spiritual self).

Anyway, yes, I often pay attention to this association in dreams.

But, picking the "middle way" does seem like the more balanced approach!

Lora
Old 23-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Great point! I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

I feel like for me heights are usually in some way to spiritual development. I do feel like certain things are happening way too fast right now, though I hadn't even thought of it that way. I should give myself permission to take it all in slowly.

yes, this was one of my first thoughts, that perhaps your spiritual development has been progressing at an accelerated speed and that maybe you felt you may like to 'slow down'

I'm not sure. I never understood what it means to fear success. What aspect of success would you fear, exactly? I have never had the opportunity to acheive success in my life really. I'm a stay at home mom, so I don't have an income or anything. When working or going to school, I have suffered social anxiety, so I think I had other fears holding me back from success, but I can't say I have ever experienced fear of success. I have a difficult time imagining that one...wish I had a lot of money and great success! Maybe one day I will?

Like would you be afraid of failing in your success, or holding up your end of it? Maybe a fear of falling farther from a successful position? That makes sense to me, but not success itself... But I am curious what people mean by it.

I originally thought fer of spiritual success maybe as well... that is a kind of success to :)

Yes, I think that could be a part of it... if a person is one who resonates with this kind of fear, I think even maybe things like extra responsibilities and perhaps the aspect of feeling uncomfortable with others perceiving you as an authority... I can think of a few more things... I found this wiki article interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah_complex. There are many paths of success in our lives of course... spiritual and emotional as well as career, socially, family ect.

Hello Lisbet

I am so sorry that I too so long to respond.. I have been a bit busy.

Feel free to discount what I said if it doesn't fit :)

Did you have a look at the dream moods website? http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdi...earch=ELEVATOR
It is a pretty broad explanation of elevator as a symbol in dreams and seems to affirm some ideas on here.

I guess now that you have some ideas... from the tread here you may 'feel' that something resonates..

Have a great day.

Ps: I was a stay at home Mum for 5 years and also suffered with pretty severe social anxiety as well (it affected my employment for most of my adult life)... I understand that fear and just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.