Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I am happy for you, James..

Be well..

I’d like to say thank you but it’s really not a personal thing. It’s not some achievement. It just IS. Thank you doesn't fit here.
Old 22-09-2011, 04:29 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I’d like to say thank you but it’s really not a personal thing. It’s not some achievement. It just IS. Thank you doesn't fit here.
It is whatever you choose it to be, and it seems you've chosen something that works for you.. and so, i am simply happy for you.. you needn't concern yourself with the formalities of 'Thank You' and such, it doesn't affect how i feel..

Be well..
Old 22-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It is whatever you choose it to be, and it seems you've chosen something that works for you..
Be well..

No........
Old 22-09-2011, 04:59 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
I've come to see that a person's consciousness, and his understanding, are as individual as a fingerprint. More so, quite.

Intellectual pursuit is really an attempt to homogenize and standardize experience and understanding. Obviously - and fortunately - it has limited success.

So, yes, I quite understand why it is so hard to convey intellectually. Sure, there are words that describe it, a lot of words, which I have devoted a lot of time studying, but ultimately intellectual communication just isn't up to the task of understanding. Only Awareness can do that.

And yet, that same intellect churns out those words, it organizes your mind's imagery, it shapes the information awareness reveals, and thoughts and words are relied upon for existence in this 'meat-suit' that is merged with consciousness.. even the word 'awareness' and your beliefs about it are products of mind and intellect.. it is when you can suspend the mind's thinking processes that the beliefs about 'awareness' and all other beliefs fall away and you experience clarity.. to name what happens in clarity, is like the Chinese Master pouring the tea into the cup until it overflows and she continues to pour.. naming it anything, including 'awareness', is too much..

It is not difficult to convey, unless you are looking at the 'words', and missing the feeling.. Zen Koans are wonderful examples of conveying 'it'.. leading the listener or reader to a moment that doesn't 'make sense', and.. in an instant, when the Koan doesn't make sense, the mind stops 'thinking', and becomes sincerely curious.. 'that', is the 'empty mind' that has no 'name'.. 'that' is the difference between an Orange..

Be well..
Old 22-09-2011, 05:02 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
No........
LOL.. of course.. and i am still happy for your good fortune..

Be well..
Old 23-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Master
Identification equals separation.
Don't fool yourself that identifying
with Self, Awareness or Absolute
makes you free.

Any identification is a limitation,
a holding on. Only floating and
drifting undefined and unknown
is total freedom.- Pete
Old 23-09-2011, 12:52 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
Identification equals separation.
Don't fool yourself that identifying
with Self, Awareness or Absolute
makes you free.

Any identification is a limitation,
a holding on. Only floating and
drifting undefined and unknown
is total freedom.- Pete
Hi hybrid: Agreed..

Be well..
Old 23-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Turn up the heat by living constantly as if all people could
read your thoughts. Become translucent by destroying those beliefs that manifest
in your thoughts. Metaphorically I see enlightenment as one changing from solid
to liquid to gas - from matter to energy to light - from beliefs to thoughts to
awareness.
- Bill Talada
Old 23-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
Turn up the heat by living constantly as if all people could
read your thoughts. Become translucent by destroying those beliefs that manifest
in your thoughts. Metaphorically I see enlightenment as one changing from solid
to liquid to gas - from matter to energy to light - from beliefs to thoughts to
awareness.
- Bill Talada

I resonate with enlightenment being where there is no distinction between "inside me" and "outside me". The things which I try to hide from others are what separate me from my Self. (Note, being discrete with what information I share with people who can't be responsible and mature with it is not wanting to hide something; its just being practical.) Then we come to the point Baile makes on another thread. Cops are not someone you want to be transparent with. They're obliged to judge you and find fault with you. The only real way I know how to embrace a transparent life style is to become integrous in every action.
Old 23-09-2011, 04:14 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I resonate with enlightenment being where there is no distinction between "inside me" and "outside me". The things which I try to hide from others are what separate me from my Self. (Note, being discrete with what information I share with people who can't be responsible and mature with it is not wanting to hide something; its just being practical.) Then we come to the point Baile makes on another thread. Cops are not someone you want to be transparent with. They're obliged to judge you and find fault with you. The only real way I know how to embrace a transparent life style is to become integrous in every action.
And, with the integrity of every action, what accounting is given to the corrupt or unjust social structures that would abuse that integrity for their own benefit or amusement? isn't being 'practical' simply hiding aspects of 'you' from those you judge 'irresponsible or immature'.. how does your definition of practical or discrete disguise what is by any other account, 'hiding'?

Be well..