Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
So, who understands it? I just notice what you do coz we said pretty much the same thing anyway.

Still doesn't matter, Moke can tell us ay? Teehee.

lol, I have a difficult time in responding to young people who have all the answers.
I come across it alot here and I am reminded of myself years ago. I know I thought I knew so much thruout my life that applied to everyone and as you said, they pretty much all fell away.
No one could tell me that back then so I try not to say too much when I come across this.
It's not that one knows and one doesn't. It's just that what we know or think we know is more personal than anything else but then some have a tendency to project that on to everyone. It's only natural I guess.
When talking about life itself..........i really know nothing and 99% of the time i don't really need to. I agree we are saying pretty much the same thing.
Old 21-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Master
Still.. there is this distinction between the noticing you feel that you are, and the James that chats on the forum, so.. what is posting on SF, the 'noticing? why does the noticing that is not a 'me', label itself "WhiteShaman"? TZU

As best I can see it, posting on SF is only happening in noticing. Noticing or who I am, in essence is imagining it but that is not the right word for it.. So I see quite clearly that nothing is really happening. It's only happening in awareness/noticing. Aside from that there is no substance to this life, it is empty. I realize this beyond anything known and yet if I try to make sense of it.......I can't.
As I see it...........noticing becomes unaware of itself and asks why...not me. There is no me.
There is this unique expereince of noticing and feeling and everything else in this body/mind. I guess you could call that me but its different than what most refer to as "me"
I can't explain it.............but that makes sense to me.
I will admit that you might be right TZU, although I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to say. I say that because I feel like some key piece of the puzzle is missing. However I also feel that life is like free falling and it is natural to want to grab onto something, hence the feeling that something is missing.
I'm pretty much open to anything and I appreciate your views and understanding.
I'll take a look at the thread you mentioned.......I have not seen that one yet.
Blessings, James
Old 21-09-2011, 12:28 PM
moke64916

I totally get what your saying whiteshaman. In these states of awareness it is like you.....you just can't describe it! It's like I'm here. I'm aware of everything that's going on. I have no identity. It is silent and absolute stillness. I get what your saying, yet I cannot find the words to explain it myself, lol.
Old 21-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I totally get what your saying whiteshaman. In these states of awareness it is like you.....you just can't describe it! It's like I'm here. I'm aware of everything that's going on. I have no identity. It is silent and absolute stillness. I get what your saying, yet I cannot find the words to explain it myself, lol.

See when I’m talking about who I am, I am sharing what I have realized and that is that creation is empty. Filling this emptiness with itself is who I am and it felt like awareness. You are me. I am you. Not oneness, more like only-ness.
There is just this awareness. It was not a state, it was pure being.
With that being said, life is not about pure being. Pure being felt like to me what death is like. Life is about pure being limiting itself thru these body/minds and the mind seems to have the freedom to ask why. It can never find an answer.
So I hear you Moke but we are talking about different things. Life is pretty much back to normal with me. No states of awareness like you describe. No bliss 100% of the time. Just life happening and what feels like a me noticing and feeling and embracing.
I say it feels like a me cuz I know better. That is the only difference.
I’ve learned a long time ago that we can experience anything…….anything. But it is the mind.
I’ve learn recently, there is something that can be known and that is who we are and all knowing stops there.
Blessings, James

Old 21-09-2011, 02:36 PM
moke64916

What do you do whiteshaman? You get back on that sattle and try again. You've already experienced pure awareness. Keep it up and you will be in a state of peace, joy, love, and bliss all the time. The trick to staying that way is to continually accept and surrender to what is if a situation arises. And to love all thy emotions. You will get to a state of permenant being. It just takes time and patience. And the truths are never ending. I think old mind patterns set back in after your awareness experience. With me before I made it. I would be in joy in the mornings and absurd fear in the afternoons everyday for 6 months. I've experienced a lot of suffering in my life, but the end result was pure love. Liberation. Just keep trying. Don't make any conclusions yet. Just keep practicing. There is more to it than just being completely aware. Imagine being completely aware in a state of deep peace, or love and universal truths. I just say keep pushing for total enlightenment. Be a trooper. You'll make it. There was one time in my life where I had a loaded pistol to my head ready to kill myself. I was severely depressed. I didn't have a mom or a dad to go to for help. But I pushed through all my problems and look at where I'm at now. It's beautiful and a maricle.
Old 21-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
What do you do whiteshaman? You get back on that sattle and try again. You've already experienced pure awareness. Keep it up and you will be in a state of peace, joy, love, and bliss all the time. The trick to staying that way is to continually accept and surrender to what is if a situation arises. And to love all thy emotions. You will get to a state of permenant being. It just takes time and patience. And the truths are never ending. I think old mind patterns set back in after your awareness experience. With me before I made it. I would be in joy in the mornings and absurd fear in the afternoons everyday for 6 months. I've experienced a lot of suffering in my life, but the end result was pure love. Liberation. Just keep trying. Don't make any conclusions yet. Just keep practicing. There is more to it than just being completely aware. Imagine being completely aware in a state of deep peace, or love and universal truths. I just say keep pushing for total enlightenment. Be a trooper. You'll make it. There was one time in my life where I had a loaded pistol to my head ready to kill myself. I was severely depressed. I didn't have a mom or a dad to go to for help. But I pushed through all my problems and look at where I'm at now. It's beautiful and a maricle.

You really are not hearing me Moke but that's ok. I really am not asking for your advice nor am I giving it. Thank you anyways.
Blessings, James
Old 22-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Humm

I think I understand what you're saying WS.

Consciousness is representational, not literal. When I think of the moon, I don't actually have the moon inside my head. I am aware of the moon - but no matter what I do it is still just a reflection of the moon in my mind.

Even transcendental awareness isn't a 'place', it is a perspective. I am aware of Creation, but no matter what I do it is not inside my head. I am touching Creation but my awareness of it is just a reflection in my consciousness. It is a deeper awareness than I usually experience, but the same mechanism is at work. The emptiness is the foundation of perception.

Just as you say, we can experience anything, but it is just the mind. Consciousness is dynamic, multidimensional... plastic. It is the message, not the medium, and we are the writer, and we are the reader.

On the one hand the mind is all we have and we must discern what we can of the universe from it, but on the other, to take our perceptions as absolutes is a mistake. That what we think is real is real - that is the 'illusion' of 'reality'.

And, life goes on. Some of us have managed to open doors that seem closed to others, but just what that proves is I think a bit different than what is at first apparent.

Are our dreams, visions, transcendental experiences real? Yes, I believe so - not because they consist of an absolute and independent existence, but because of the consequences of my experiencing them. They are not physical experiences, they are metaphysical.

But there I go lecturing again - so sorry. >_<
Old 22-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
I think I understand what you're saying WS.

Consciousness is representational, not literal. When I think of the moon, I don't actually have the moon inside my head. I am aware of the moon - but no matter what I do it is still just a reflection of the moon in my mind.

Even transcendental awareness isn't a 'place', it is a perspective. I am aware of Creation, but no matter what I do it is not inside my head. I am touching Creation but my awareness of it is just a reflection in my consciousness. It is a deeper awareness than I usually experience, but the same mechanism is at work. The emptiness is the foundation of perception.

Just as you say, we can experience anything, but it is just the mind. Consciousness is dynamic, multidimensional... plastic. It is the message, not the medium, and we are the writer, and we are the reader.

On the one hand the mind is all we have and we must discern what we can of the universe from it, but on the other, to take our perceptions as absolutes is a mistake. That what we think is real is real - that is the 'illusion' of 'reality'.

And, life goes on. Some of us have managed to open doors that seem closed to others, but just what that proves is I think a bit different than what is at first apparent.

Are our dreams, visions, transcendental experiences real? Yes, I believe so - not because they consist of an absolute and independent existence, but because of the consequences of my experiencing them. They are not physical experiences, they are metaphysical.

But there I go lecturing again - so sorry. >_<

See, I’m not familiar with concepts like consciousness and words like transcendential. I could study such terms or try and comprehend how you are describing what you are but with me it’s much simpler than that.
I woke up one day and realized who I am. Actually, life woke and realized who life is.
I call it awareness but there is no one being aware.
Life happens in awareness and it is either aware of that or not.
Creation is empty. I’ve seen this. Awareness fills it with life thru these body/minds.
I don’t know why or if there even is a why.
Awareness is who I am. Awareness aware thru this limited body/mind is what is happening. However it is only happening in awareness and in essence is not happening to anyone.
I can’t really discuss this intellectually……………it is a knowing, an awakening that happened and is known. Beyond this there is nothing known.
That’s the best I can do to explain what I have been sharing. I hope that clarifies a little.
You can’t “get” this. You don’t have to get this. It happens and it doesn’t.
Blessings, James
Old 22-09-2011, 03:26 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
See, I’m not familiar with concepts like consciousness and words like transcendential. I could study such terms or try and comprehend how you are describing what you are but with me it’s much simpler than that.
I woke up one day and realized who I am. Actually, life woke and realized who life is.
I call it awareness but there is no one being aware.
Life happens in awareness and it is either aware of that or not.
Creation is empty. I’ve seen this. Awareness fills it with life thru these body/minds.
I don’t know why or if there even is a why.
Awareness is who I am. Awareness aware thru this limited body/mind is what is happening. However it is only happening in awareness and in essence is not happening to anyone.
I can’t really discuss this intellectually……………it is a knowing, an awakening that happened and is known. Beyond this there is nothing known.
That’s the best I can do to explain what I have been sharing. I hope that clarifies a little.
You can’t “get” this. You don’t have to get this. It happens and it doesn’t.
Blessings, James
I am happy for you, James..

Be well..
Old 22-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Humm

I've come to see that a person's consciousness, and his understanding, are as individual as a fingerprint. More so, quite.

Intellectual pursuit is really an attempt to homogenize and standardize experience and understanding. Obviously - and fortunately - it has limited success.

So, yes, I quite understand why it is so hard to convey intellectually. Sure, there are words that describe it, a lot of words, which I have devoted a lot of time studying, but ultimately intellectual communication just isn't up to the task of understanding. Only Awareness can do that.