Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool
Doing without effort. It involves listening to my inner voice and allowing myself and my activities to "flow" without hindrance. I'll then often find myself in precisely the right place at the right time to best use my gifts or take advantage of whatever I'm given. I've managed to cultivate this is a very big way over the years (it is also useful in my teachings with my students when I'm trying to find a way to reach them).

Yes I understand this space...

Being one with spirit in flow the precision of spirits path is always at hand.
Old 31-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Mr. Jadeitestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elessar
Doing without effort. It involves listening to my inner voice and allowing myself and my activities to "flow" without hindrance. I'll then often find myself in precisely the right place at the right time to best use my gifts or take advantage of whatever I'm given. I've managed to cultivate this is a very big way over the years (it is also useful in my teachings with my students when I'm trying to find a way to reach them).

The act of acting without acting. Following your heart and letting it lead you to where you need to go. Basically your spirit guiding you if I am correct.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Master
was talking about wu wei the other day. to me it's the same as "la vie negative" or "the great negation" of other "no "way" ways. also known as "the perrenial wisdom"; spoke, imo, by buddha, jesus, krishna and all the other christ beings...and maybe a few non "born as" entities.

you cannot posit what love is...you can only come to it through what it is not; i.e. love is not hate, anger or jealousy etc...when you have put away all that is not love, then love might remain. because you don't posit and the truth is seen rather that worked out, it's effortless. when the false is seen through insight, not thought, the truth remains...you can't "seek" truth as you will find according to the backround that is seeking.

so "it" comes when the thinker sees that he cannot extricate himself from this mess he's created and becomes quiet, naturally, without effort...so at the end of doing happens being, when "doing" is seen as a pointless exercise in egoic action...to justify or gratify itself that it is progressing etc.

becoming, progressing prevent being. all action of the mind as thought, to understand itself, is self defeating as it requires effort. the same mind that created the mess cannot solve it...it must end for the other to be, without compulsion. it must see it's machinations for them to end...but the ego is strong and wants recognitioon as noble or clever and on and on

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Mayflow

The secrets are in the gaps.
Old 22-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Wu-wei is a complete mystery to Westerners.
It describes a concept unknown to them.
Being, and nothing else.

It is possible for a Westerner to do this,
but not until they stop trying to do it.
Trying is desire, and desire is doing.
Old 22-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Master
i think i can grasp wu wei on an intellectual level, in that i can argue that it's the doer that prevents being by his attempts to right his situation..but understanding intellectually and living it with your whole being are two vastly different things. very few in the history of man have lived it.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 22-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
i think i can grasp wu wei on an intellectual level, in that i can argue that it's the doer that prevents being by his attempts to right his situation..but understanding intellectually and living it with your whole being are two vastly different things. very few in the history of man have lived it.

You are right: very few.
And right again: intellect is the nemesis of wu-wei.

The mind is a tool, and only that. It was never intended to be all that we are.
Old 22-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Mayflow

It is thought that there are more Buddhas in the world than there are galaxies or germs or bacteria.

Hmmm? I may have to write a free book - what shall be its name?
Old 22-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crow
You are right: very few.
And right again: intellect is the nemesis of wu-wei.

The mind is a tool, and only that. It was never intended to be all that we are.

Oh, but you are only speaking of the ego conscious mind, which is as you say but a small part of everything.
Old 22-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Oh, but you are only speaking of the ego conscious mind, which is as you say but a small part of everything.

No. I am speaking of the mind, itself.
Leave it out, and everything changes.
Like penicillin: take only as required - it will - itself - make you sick.