Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
You're right Tobi. We are all here for a reason and our purpose here it so re-discover that reason and then use it to ascend spiritually as far as possible. If we do not learn the lessons we were intended to re-discover and learn through this physical life then it is very likely we will have to come back and try again. It's very likely that someone who suffers from drug addiction purpose here is to learn how to break free from all addictions and also to learn to deal with whatever issues have driven them into using the drugs in the first place. Using drugs will only delay and negate any progress made towards spiritual ascension. It is not until we complete all tasks and learn all the lessons we need that we can return to the source for the last time and restore our consciousness into the one collective source. In my opinion that is Heaven, our soul's home. But it is not a planet. Honestly though someone who is addicted to drugs doesn't need to be astral projecting so I am not sure why he posted it on this section of the forums. He doesn't really need spiritual advice at the moment. What he needs is to check into a rehab and detox from all harmful substances then once he is clean he can work on spirituality and work out all the mysteries of life. These things are not meant to be dabbled with when abusing hardcore narcotics, it will only confuse you and make you dellusional. Not to mention people who are addicted to drugs are spiritually weakened and very susceptible.

I agree with a lot of this. The lesson is to learn to break free, from it all. I believe though that it is a spiritual matter altogether, from being an addict to breaking free, to then progessing, it's all part of the same journey. To break free one must often realize spirituality and depth in life. It's a strange place to post though, in the AP section.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator
I think the OP said he/she wasn't sure where to post this. Possibly a newbie? But it's definitely not a good idea to do any astral projection or try out of body experiences at all if reliant on substances, esp. something so drastically consciousness-changing as Heroin. Same goes for Hashish. Alcohol just before a projection also can lead to some bad effects.There are some bad experiences just waiting to happen and it could open an astral projector to all sorts of negative experiences and connections. Please don't go there.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I think the OP said he/she wasn't sure where to post this. Possibly a newbie? But it's definitely not a good idea to do any astral projection or try out of body experiences at all if reliant on substances, esp. something so drastically consciousness-changing as Heroin. Same goes for Hashish. Alcohol just before a projection also can lead to some bad effects.There are some bad experiences just waiting to happen and it could open an astral projector to all sorts of negative experiences and connections. Please don't go there.

Yup you're right again Tobi. All drugs and alcohol alter your vibrational frequency and attract the not so friendly type of entities into your area. Which is why I mentioned a lot of people who suffer from drug addiction have spiritual attachments and most of them are never aware of it. It's very common for people who have addictions to suffer from sleep paralysis and night terrors which in my opinion are one of the main ways negative entities make their attachments by planting core images into your brain. They say that a lot of earthbound spirits who were alcohols in their previous life hang out in bars and pubs just looking for a person to overshadow so that they can feel the drunkenness vicariously through their newly acquired best friend. Then it becomes even more difficult for that addict to break free from their addiction because they have an entity using core images to try and make them repeat the pattern. In a rehab they would call it a mental trigger, I believe entities are behind a lot of those.

But attempting to project while on any substance is basically like playing with fire standing infront of a gas station. Nothing good will come from it, at best you're going to burn yourself. At worst you're going to blow yourself up and harm everything around you. Maybe that is just speculation but there is no debating it's not a wise thing at that point in time. I imagine he's just a newbie and confused where to post these matters as you suggested though.

I actually work with addicts for a living which is where I am sure I picked up my Neg/Negs. During detox we do not really speak about spirituality to them because honestly that is not the time and place for it. People are in extreme pain mentally and physically during detox, especially from opiates and when he does finally stop using he is going to be extremely sick. So trying to speak about spirituality to someone at that time really is pointless. They may listen but it's going to be hard for them to really hear you because the only thing capable of going through their brain at the time is pain, suffering, drugs, and anything involved with those things.

As soon as they are finished with their detox is when you bring in the spirituality element into their recovery. Because this is when they will need it most. It doesn't stick with everybody but I would say about 50% of the people who get clean become spiritual or religious and that helps them remain clean. Out of the 50% of them who become spiritual I am sure that more of them end up remaining clean than the 50% of the people who do not become spiritual. Obviously I am no official expert but where I work these are the things I have discovered over time and working with many people. He definitely needs to check into a rehab and get treated for his habit, it's definitely not something he can do on his own. I don't think anybody could once detoxing begins.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Yup you're right again Tobi. All drugs and alcohol alter your vibrational frequency and attract the not so friendly type of entities into your area. Which is why I mentioned a lot of people who suffer from drug addiction have spiritual attachments and most of them are never aware of it. It's very common for people who have addictions to suffer from sleep paralysis and night terrors which in my opinion are one of the main ways negative entities make their attachments by planting core images into your brain. They say that a lot of earthbound spirits who were alcohols in their previous life hang out in bars and pubs just looking for a person to overshadow so that they can feel the drunkenness vicariously through their newly acquired best friend. Then it becomes even more difficult for that addict to break free from their addiction because they have an entity using core images to try and make them repeat the pattern. In a rehab they would call it a mental trigger, I believe entities are behind a lot of those.

But attempting to project while on any substance is basically like playing with fire standing infront of a gas station. Nothing good will come from it, at best you're going to burn yourself. At worst you're going to blow yourself up and harm everything around you. Maybe that is just speculation but there is no debating it's not a wise thing at that point in time. I imagine he's just a newbie and confused where to post these matters as you suggested though.

I actually work with addicts for a living which is where I am sure I picked up my Neg/Negs. During detox we do not really speak about spirituality to them because honestly that is not the time and place for it. People are in extreme pain mentally and physically during detox, especially from opiates and when he does finally stop using he is going to be extremely sick. So trying to speak about spirituality to someone at that time really is pointless. They may listen but it's going to be hard for them to really hear you because the only thing capable of going through their brain at the time is pain, suffering, drugs, and anything involved with those things.

As soon as they are finished with their detox is when you bring in the spirituality element into their recovery. Because this is when they will need it most. It doesn't stick with everybody but I would say about 50% of the people who get clean become spiritual or religious and that helps them remain clean. Out of the 50% of them who become spiritual I am sure that more of them end up remaining clean than the 50% of the people who do not become spiritual. Obviously I am no official expert but where I work these are the things I have discovered over time and working with many people. He definitely needs to check into a rehab and get treated for his habit, it's definitely not something he can do on his own. I don't think anybody could once detoxing begins.

This was remarkably interesting, thank you. And what noble work you do!

From my experience, even when you've got yourself clean and dry, the trauma of what you've put yourself through can take a long long time to overcome. I had bad dreams and lots of guilt and shame for months after. It's taken me about 3 years to face myself and know my conscience, and clean up my karma.

I imagine AP comes much later, after a recovering addict has faced themselves and kept themselves clean for long enough. But facing oneself is still all part of the spiritual journey.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Master
I got off booze and pot after being stoned for 25 years. There wasn't much choice in it really. All that's a bit by the way and idealistic. There just comes a time when enough is enough and it's not fulfilling whatever it once did. After 'self medicating' for so long, the coming down made a mess of my life but I been sober for 4 years now... and it's like starting again.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
This was remarkably interesting, thank you. And what noble work you do!

From my experience, even when you've got yourself clean and dry, the trauma of what you've put yourself through can take a long long time to overcome. I had bad dreams and lots of guilt and shame for months after. It's taken me about 3 years to face myself and know my conscience, and clean up my karma.

I imagine AP comes much later, after a recovering addict has faced themselves and kept themselves clean for long enough. But facing oneself is still all part of the spiritual journey.

It's no problem I really do enjoy it. As I said on a previous message I have had a lot of childhood friends become drug addicts, some of them have died due to that reason so I just want to see if I can help somebody before it is too late for them. You are totally correct though it takes months, years, a lifetime to really recover. The key word in recovering addict is not addict, it is recovering and recovering takes forever. There is no cure for addiction, only treatment. Once your brain has been re-programmed it takes years for it to return to a natural balance, for some it never does. He said he is 27 I believe though so he is still young and his body and mind will have no troubles healing up. He just has to want sobriety and chase it as much as he chases the drugs.

I always find it so odd how people will expect recovery to be so easy. They go to a meeting or two a week and don't use and think that is what it takes. It takes a lot more the meetings and the staying clean aren't as important as digging down deep and finding out what caused you to use and dealing with any of those issues. There is no debate that drug addicts were commonly abused in one form or another, but make no mistake in these days a lot of the people I see are upper middle-class very young people who really have no problems other than drugs coming in with a serious heroin addiction. The people you never expect to be an addict are addicts these days due to the prescription pill scourge on society. Almost every young heroin addict I meet started with percocets, then oxycontins, then heroin.

It takes several months of being clean before you can really start facing the issues. You need to learn how to manage boredom, how to be comfortable in your skin so that you don't need drugs or physical relationships to keep you "happy", in other words to keep you busy. I could go on for hours about what it takes to recover, but the path is different for everyone. Another difficult challenge of recovery for addicts is P.A.W.S. (Post Acute Withdrawl Symptoms). Usually they are not physical and so most addicts don't realize that P.A.W.S. is attempting to mentally trick them into relapsing saying "Oh you can do it just one time, you're healthy now you have nothing to worry about." I see this far too often where people get over-confident in their recovery, some wind up dying this way. The most important thing in anything in life is to remain humble even when you are very strong and knowledgable about a subject. Because when you are an addict and you stop using, your body and mind actually are trying to tell you they think you're dying.

Anyways though I won't drag this on any longer, I honestly just hope this guy gets the help he really needs. It's nice that he is interested in spirituality right now but before he really starts up with with deep spirtuality he needs to get the physical help that he needs to stop using and then worry about the fine details. And I am not saying drug addicts can't be spiritual because honestly most addicts are some of the most spiritual and intelligent people I have met in my life. But intelligence and being spiritual can cut both ways and is a double-edged sword. If you're a spiritual person and have not realized it and do not do work towards your spiritual health you become spiritually sick which is the cause for a lot of drug use, so is un-used intelligence. It's similar how if you buy an intelligent dog and don't exercize it enough it destroys your house. An intelligent person who does not exercize their brain destroys the brains house - their body. A lot of people who check into the clinic want to rush through everything but a recovery sets it's own course and you must be patient and wait for things to happen naturally. The only thing that is forced upon anyone is detox and abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I got off booze and pot after being stoned for 25 years. There wasn't much choice in it really. All that's a bit by the way and idealistic. There just comes a time when enough is enough and it's not fulfilling whatever it once did. After 'self medicating' for so long, the coming down made a mess of my life but I been sober for 4 years now... and it's like starting again.
Come on Gem lets have beer together yea yea.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I agree. I used pot for a while to help myself heal from the addiction days. It served it's purpose remarkably well, it helped me face myself and find my inner purity again, but these things do not last forever and the time came when I realized complete sobriety was the way forward.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
It's no problem I really do enjoy it. As I said on a previous message I have had a lot of childhood friends become drug addicts, some of them have died due to that reason so I just want to see if I can help somebody before it is too late for them. You are totally correct though it takes months, years, a lifetime to really recover. The key word in recovering addict is not addict, it is recovering and recovering takes forever. There is no cure for addiction, only treatment. Once your brain has been re-programmed it takes years for it to return to a natural balance, for some it never does. He said he is 27 I believe though so he is still young and his body and mind will have no troubles healing up. He just has to want sobriety and chase it as much as he chases the drugs.

I always find it so odd how people will expect recovery to be so easy. They go to a meeting or two a week and don't use and think that is what it takes. It takes a lot more the meetings and the staying clean aren't as important as digging down deep and finding out what caused you to use and dealing with any of those issues. There is no debate that drug addicts were commonly abused in one form or another, but make no mistake in these days a lot of the people I see are upper middle-class very young people who really have no problems other than drugs coming in with a serious heroin addiction. The people you never expect to be an addict are addicts these days due to the prescription pill scourge on society. Almost every young heroin addict I meet started with percocets, then oxycontins, then heroin.

It takes several months of being clean before you can really start facing the issues. You need to learn how to manage boredom, how to be comfortable in your skin so that you don't need drugs or physical relationships to keep you "happy", in other words to keep you busy. I could go on for hours about what it takes to recover, but the path is different for everyone. Another difficult challenge of recovery for addicts is P.A.W.S. (Post Acute Withdrawl Symptoms). Usually they are not physical and so most addicts don't realize that P.A.W.S. is attempting to mentally trick them into relapsing saying "Oh you can do it just one time, you're healthy now you have nothing to worry about." I see this far too often where people get over-confident in their recovery, some wind up dying this way. The most important thing in anything in life is to remain humble even when you are very strong and knowledgable about a subject. Because when you are an addict and you stop using, your body and mind actually are trying to tell you they think you're dying.

Anyways though I won't drag this on any longer, I honestly just hope this guy gets the help he really needs. It's nice that he is interested in spirituality right now but before he really starts up with with deep spirtuality he needs to get the physical help that he needs to stop using and then worry about the fine details. And I am not saying drug addicts can't be spiritual because honestly most addicts are some of the most spiritual and intelligent people I have met in my life. But intelligence and being spiritual can cut both ways and is a double-edged sword. If you're a spiritual person and have not realized it and do not do work towards your spiritual health you become spiritually sick which is the cause for a lot of drug use, so is un-used intelligence. It's similar how if you buy an intelligent dog and don't exercize it enough it destroys your house. An intelligent person who does not exercize their brain destroys the brains house - their body. A lot of people who check into the clinic want to rush through everything but a recovery sets it's own course and you must be patient and wait for things to happen naturally. The only thing that is forced upon anyone is detox and abstinence from drugs and alcohol.

27 is the age I done it, I think it's the right age as the addiction has not been for too long, and late 20's is a kind of spiritual milestone in most people's lives. It's the time wisdom starts planting it's roots.

To have been addicted and to recover at that age, in my experience, is a fast track way to have a profound awakening. Doesn't mean I would recommend becoming an addict though. Way too risky. I was lucky i didn't screw my whole life up, some guide was keeping me out of too much trouble I'm sure.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Come on Gem lets have beer together yea yea.

For a while I didn't drink at all. I stopped drinking first. That was tough because without booze there's no such thing as fun and life was just pale. I was on the border of having a drink almost all the time, it was such a fine line between yes and no I have no idea how I stopped. I started martial arts training and that's what I used as my crutch... and also... smoked pot alot. After a couple of years I came to a point where it was OK and I could have a couple without going berko, and on social occasions I do that. Nowdays I can have a few and suffer no addiction at all.

The weed went on after that and I'd never came down at all for years and years and years, but then I just got tired of it. There's a time when you can stop and there's a time when you can't. I'm not sure there's much choice in it or not really. I don't touch weed at all even after four years.

So... I'd have a beer fine, but I won't be smokin de erb wit yu mon.