Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I am reading this thread and the Triadic Heart of Siva concurrently.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111842

To break Siva's Triadic Heart down into 'Necrospeak' - there is:

1. The bliss that exists at the level of the ego-self.
2. The bliss that exists at the level of the 'awareness of self' &
3. The bliss that exists beyond the self.

All I know is that one can only think about it so much until the head begins to hurt - sort of like my recent forays into the non-duality forum where certain 'non-dualists' like to use word-play to illustrate non-duality when all that does, for me, is reinforce the whole dualistic nature of the experience anyway.

Stay away from those non-dualists
Old 22-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Stay away from those non-dualists

I suppose it's just a superlative of the word happy, or contentment
- or for the hedonist, prolonged ecstasy.

I prefer to have moments of these things (e.g. bliss) so I can offset them
against the ordinary things I do that don't seem to achieve what
the word defines, so I can value them experientially.

I'd probably find prolonged bliss hopelessly boring.

Old 22-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'd probably find prolonged bliss hopelessly boring.

That being said, this is the reason why Bhakti Yoga exists.

We never feel as much love when we are joined with our beloved, than when we are apart from them and yearn for their fond embrace.

I my case, both exist. I know that I am Siva, yet I also know that I am not - at first I agonised over this conundrum, the whole duality of it when I was, at heart, a non-dualist myself.

Ramakrishna once said "I'd rather taste sugar than be sugar", implying that the relationship with God is an either/or situation.

In the case of God, we can have our cake (sugar) and eat it too....and that the cake is not a lie.

From the non-duality forum, I just went back to reading my 'Bible' called the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra - because I always get the answers in it:

VBT 14-15: "Mystical ecstasy isn’t subject to dualistic thought, it is completely free from any notion of location, space, or time. This truth can only be touched by experience. It can only be reached by those entirely freed from duality and ego, and firmly, fully established in the consciousness of the Self. This state of Bhairava is filled with the pure bliss of unity between tantrika and the universe".

Prolonged bliss would be boring if it were able to be prolonged in the first place - but there's a bliss-switch. My ego can turn it off...but sometimes Siva switches it back on again...and often, at the most inappropriate or inopportune of times.
Old 22-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesix
Why do so many people talk about bliss when talking about spirituality? I have never felt bliss. Am I missing something? Is it because I am uninterested in experiencing bliss? Is bliss supposed to be an end result of the right spiritual practice or change?

My spiritual journey has been very harrowing for the last seven years when it started. Maybe I am still stuck in my lower chakras.

Bliss can not be explained with words.Bliss has to be felt to understand it.
It grows in the heart and heart chakra so focus your attention and energy and meditation there
Old 22-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Guide
I have actually experienced bliss by practising breathing techniques, and doing OHMs (AUM) or AHM chants...

I found these powerful techniques to attain a state of bliss during meditation.
Old 22-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness

There are also those who claim to "always" be in bliss. This is nonsense. That is, those who brag about this are not being very honest about it. You are wise to be wary of this. The human experience can never be 100% blissful continually, no matter how "enlightened" one is claimed to be.

In my experience,you are talking nonsense
I have to presume you have not had the experience of Bliss continually, so you can not know.
also I am not Enlightened and I have no desire to be either
Old 22-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I have to presume you have not had the experience of Bliss continually, so you can not know.
I have to apply my Spock logic here. If you are not Enlightened, what would you know of continual bliss?
Old 22-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu

the same thing confused me. its more of a vocabulary thing. if you read further he says that yes people are in being intuned with their divine do experiemce it continually. cant remember exactly how he worded it. in any case bliss as he is using it in the sentence you brought up is having to do with a particular thought and or emotion. not god intoxication. in that sentence. as far as i can tell.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 22-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I have to apply my Spock logic here. If you are not Enlightened, what would you know of continual bliss?

im in the same boat. continual bliss for i dont know. 8 or 9 years. but i dont consider myself enlightened. im not a spiritual guy as far as books go and what people consider what. to me there probably further to go. and hopefully i will find out

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 22-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:

Ha Ha......Yes,People do seem to think that bliss comes from leading a wonderfully spiritual life.pure and divine.......thats not me