Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Master
I haven't watched this new movie either. I have seen the 1st, but wasn't too impressed. I have read part of the first book, wasn't too impressed either. But maybe I happened to read parts that weren't the best.
Makes sense you cannot have juicy things from the book in the movie as that would put it in the X-rated category. Meaning not for the large audience, which is what movie makers would want to make good profit.
Old 20-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I absolutely agree with you. Although some people don't see sex as an spiritual act . I'm not sure what Auric Energy is but I'll definitely look it up. I haven't watched or read' The Fifty Shades of Grey ' because I can find better erocica stories.
Yes, I have read real good erotica in the genre as well.
This is promising for sure.
https://danirosebooks.wordpress.com/#post-28
Old 20-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi jimrich,
For others...It is a great depiction of a young boy with his amazing traumas
(I flash a bit to 'Dexter'-on Showtime) and how as an adult he has learned to cope!
And pretty darn well! He is strong, clear, a billionaire, pretty nice guy all
around...but has a fear of talking about himself and being touched...ok.
He enjoys giving pleasure to a woman gently bound...ok.

Too bad when he is in emotional stress he feels the need to punish a person with pain...IF they are willing, that is.
When an outlet could be screaming into a pillow---going to the boxing gym or the shooting range.

Will Anna be capable to make him feel safe and loved enough to open up about all his traumas
to her and his secrets fantasies of, say, 'torturing small animals"?
Maybe...as long as he doesn't actually do them.
Is she equipped professionally? No.

He needs to redirect his pain, wounds, anger and frustrations...he knows he will lose Anna if he doesn't.

Does she have issues? I think she has great boundaries and is capable of forgiveness and being uninhibited and loving...so far.
She doesn't seem to be in denial in any way, so far.

The ending did not seem happy to me with the ...well, I can't spoil it for others...but the scene
with 'the man' at the end....plotting, won't say who...great for another movie.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Talking IDEAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
I saw it with my wife. She liked it, but it did nothing for me. Just another chick flick.
Did it give you any "ideas" for the future?
Old 20-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat THE ENDING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The ending did not seem happy to me
I suspect there will be even DARKER times ahead for both of them.
We'll see...............
Old 22-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Newbie ;)

I think that the personification of characters in this film is superficial and not deep enough. We have some insights in Grey's history and character, but the girl stays completely blank all two parts of the film.
Old 22-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 Deep shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanneh
I think that the personification of characters in this film is superficial and not deep enough. We have some insights in Grey's history and character, but the girl stays completely blank all two parts of the film.
Not really. If you read between the lines, you might see lots of hints of inner trauma and emotional issues within Anna that are most likely going to come to the surface sooner or later.

....[Hope this doen't ruin the film for others. I just have to mention it.]........
For instance, what inner needs allowed Anna to bow to Grey's "request" that she take off her pants at the restaurant and then allow Grey to "finger" her in a crowded elevator? What balanced, sane and resolved person, male or female, NEEDS that kind of "risky" excitement? For me, she REEKS of unhealthy, dependency needs and emotional imbalances regardless of how solid, exciting and sexy she seems to be on the surface.
I'd love to make love with or to her but I'd hate to be married to her and have her desperate, unfulfilled NEEDS eventually overwhelm both of us.
Grey is obviously emotionally damaged inside and Anna is also damaged inside but in a slightly different way which is why they are attracted to each other. Perhaps these two WOUNDED birds can help heal each other in the end if they don't destroy each other while trying to get their unfulfilled NEEDS met.
I like both of the characters but am a little worried about their inner, potentially dangerous "issues".
Old 22-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
For instance, what inner needs allowed Anna to bow to Grey's "request" that she take off her pants
at the restaurant and then allow Grey to "finger" her in a crowded elevator?
What balanced, sane and resolved person, male or female, NEEDS that kind of "risky" excitement?
For me, she REEKS of unhealthy, dependency needs and emotional imbalances regardless of how solid,
exciting and sexy she seems to be on the surface.
Hahahaha...it is so funny we see Anna so differently!

I don't see that she has a 'need' ...I see her as FUN! Free!
Uninhibited with a healthy sense of adventure!
It's not an 'inner need to bow to someone' asking you to do a fun,
subtle, sexual thing in public..it's exciting and again...fun! To me.

BUT, I'm from the hippie generation, Jim.

Now, if she felt ashamed, awkward and forced...now THAT would be
something we could address...
as in, why is she allowing him to be a perp and herself falling into a powerless victim role.
But, she felt none of the above...it's called playing in my book.
Cheers, Jim. I mean no offense, I hope you know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Talking Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I mean no offense,
None taken.....
to each his own.......
Old 03-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Experiencer
That movie trailer made me think.
That main character is so confident about her clean underwear that she just takes it off in a restaurant."