Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-04-2024, 08:20 AM
Seeker
Fish Exploring space and time

Hopefully a useful contemplation here.

Where are you? I could say I am in my house in Wales in the United Kingdom. But that's not accurate enough. 'My' assumes there is a designated me that owns something. But ownership is a man-made concept - we cannot accept it as truth. 'House' vaguely refers to a building within a designated area of land, which again is only defined by humanity. Insects and spiders that pass through the house area don't see it as separate from anything else.

The definition of the country Wales within the larger area of the United Kingdom is also man-made. There are no real boundaries to define it. This kind of description of where we are is relative and has its uses, but it's not true.

It could also be considered that the place where the human form is in space is different now to where it was at the start of this sentence. Humans are within a spinning planet that circles the sun, which swirls within the galaxy. Our place in the universe is continually changing.

Yet there is a stillness. Wherever we are in the universe it is always experienced here. Even things that seem at a distance are experienced here. A bird on the fence, a hilltop, a distant star, are all experienced here. We experience space and distance right here. You have never truly experienced anywhere other than here.

It is similar with time. What time is it? I could say it's 9.15am on Saturday 6th April 2024. But that's all man-made. Insects, birds and sea creatures don't use that time frame. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, years, are all human definitions. They are useful labels but not the truth.

As with space, all time is experienced right now. 6th April 2023 was experienced now. The appearance of change that humanity has labelled and defined continually flows within our experience, which is timelessly now.

We experience distance and change, space and time, in the oneness and stillness of here and now. It's important to ground ourselves in the true here and now if we get carried away with the play of space and time. It's important to recognise that the world is a play of opposites whilst we remain as we are, complete peace, without limitation. Drop the labels and be as you are.
Old 06-04-2024, 08:58 AM
Administrator
I just have to correct you on Wales wales is defined mostly by Hadrians wall
We have our own Boundries and Language,
Wales is also part of the Celtic clan along with Ireland and Scotland

Namaste
Old 06-04-2024, 09:33 AM
Smile

I love that you are telling us about Wales! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-04-2024, 11:22 AM
Guide

Re post~2............Hadrians wall is between Scotland and England.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:32 AM
Goldcup - I'm wondering if you have experience with ACIM...
A Course In Miracles. If not I would not be surprised since wisdom that comes with contemplation,
meditation and such is found in so many 'practices'.
What I mean is, you could have never heard of ACIM and talk exactly like you have been a student of it for decades. :)

That first post was excellent...thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-04-2024, 01:29 PM
Seeker
Miss Hepburn, I have heard of ACIM through Eckhart Tolle books and videos, but not read it. I'm also a fan of Rupert Spira and Mooji.

Regarding Wales, it is Offa's Dyke that separates us Welsh from English folk. My view though is that there is no true separation between countries - it is one planet divided up by humanity. From my non dual perspective, it is wonderful for there to be many different cultures and expressions, but there is an underlying oneness that is important to not overlook.

I must admit though, I'm supporting Wales to win when we play rugby against England. :)
Old 06-04-2024, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
Drop the labels and be as you are.
Here's the way I would put that: Acknowledge that labels serve a purpose in the 3D world when we have to step out of our 4D being-state to deal with practical realities.

My house is my house: I bought it, paid the mortgage, and now, all these years later, I'm quite happy -- ecstatic really -- that I have a comfy place to live, and that nobody can move in and claim it as theirs.
Old 06-04-2024, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
I must admit though, I'm supporting Wales to win when we play rugby against England. :)
Another lovely upside to labels otherwise you might switch on the telly and end up having to watch Wales play hockey against Sweden. In which case my advice would be don't bet on Wales to win.

Old 07-04-2024, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
We experience distance and change, space and time, in the oneness and stillness of here and now. It's important to ground ourselves in the true here and now if we get carried away with the play of space and time. It's important to recognise that the world is a play of opposites whilst we remain as we are, complete peace, without limitation.

Nicely said. Looking forward for more.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-04-2024, 03:23 AM
Master
All labels are mental constructs, they only exist in our head. As John Lennon sang in his song “Imagine,“ there are really no nations. There is no nationality, no race, no religion, etc. These are all mental constructs which people embrace as a form of Earthly heritage.

Time is circular, in my opinion, there is really no such thing as a straight line from past to future. All motion is spiral. The Earth turns on its axis once in a circle and we call it “a day.” The Earth travels around the Sun in a circular motion and we call it “a year.”

On the Christian calendar it is the year 2024, but the Chinese calendar is different; it is a Luna calendar while the Christian calendar is a solar calendar. The Hindu calendar is altogether different from both of these. The Hebrew Calendar, also called the Jewish Calendar, is the official calendar of Israel. My point is that every culture does not mark time the same way and most calendars are based on a religion.

Time and space are intertwined, you can not have one without the other, as space creates distance and distance means motion or time. Time is motion and motion creates space. In absolute inner stillness there is no time nor is there any space; all space is occupied by spirit, or divine presence. Time and space are the way which we codify movement here on Earth.