Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 26-02-2012, 09:47 PM
ArianHawk

To those with mental health issues...

Did meditation help you?

My boyfriend has anxiety and Im wondering if I can do something (herbs? spell? crystals?) to help him, or if he could meditate to help.

Im a Wiccan, and a Witch.

Arian Hawk. )O(
Old 27-02-2012, 12:47 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianHawk
Did meditation help you?

My boyfriend has anxiety and Im wondering if I can do something (herbs? spell? crystals?) to help him, or if he could meditate to help.
Arian Hawk. )O(

Diet! The first thing to consider is diet.... my wife and I went with organic whole foods, dropped grains, dumped sugars, and all processed foods... for
the first time in 57 years we just melted into total relaxation... If you consume any animal foods at all make sure that's it's antibiotic-free and
grass fed, milk should be raw, organic, and grass fed as well... and then look into fermented foods! I now make my own Keefer, my own yogurt and
fermented veggies... and I just got a culture going for making fermented sodas (first-up whole ginger-ale, made from the real thing :^)

The SAD (standard american diet) is the most backward diet to date! Heal him from that one and I suspect things will go better! :^)
Old 27-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Arawn

I have social anxiety (diagnosed) and depression (diagnosed). Meditation honestly didn't help me. I took medication for it and I went to a psychologist.

Going and doing things helped quite a bit because it showed me that my anxiety wasn't going to kill me and that I could work through it in order to enjoy life. This was something suggested by my psychologist along with learning not to focus on what was causing the anxiety and instead on focusing on my breathing.

I wish him luck! Anxiety isn't the easiest thing to over come.
Old 27-02-2012, 02:33 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn
I have social anxiety (diagnosed) and depression (diagnosed). Meditation honestly didn't help me. I took medication for it and I went to a psychologist.

My mother was in and out of institutions the whole time I was growing up... they hadn't a clue what to do, they toyed with medications with terribly
mixed results, "counseling" was a foul ball to left field....

Modern psychiatry is every bit as messed up as modern medicine! My wife worked as a nurse in a state mental hospital for close to 5 years and has
pretty-much reached the same conclusion. The best they could do was sedate with medications... beyond that it was empty conversation...

I hate beating this drum but there is so much that is generated by diet! Clean this up first and then see where you stand.... my wife is now a
believer and she knows the difference... and I can attest via my own exposure... put distance between yourself and the various poisons they call
food and much of what ails us dissolves... you are then in a much better space to tackle the personal issues... :^)
Old 27-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Master
Arian and Arwan... Meditation alone probably won't help much with anxiety or other mental/emotional issues.

However, there are very effective methods in energy medicine that can not only help but may even eliminate the problem.

These are some I know of:

EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. It can be a self-help method but for more complex issues like anxiety or ongoing depression it's best to work with a trained practitioner. You could check it out at http://EFTuniverse.com and http://www.masteringeft.com/

The Healing Code - The book by this name gives a complete description of how it came about and how it works. Here's an article on how to do it - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=31115

Xan

Old 27-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Master
I can vouch from experience to the benefit of natural B vitamins, have been a veggie for years and also a drinker (which depletes B vits)

Got ill about four years back, terrible nerve trouble, through trial and error have managed to get it under some control.

Was prescribed B vits 4yrs back but they are not up to it, they don't contain the full spectrum and some are synthetc ones.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
My mother was in and out of institutions the whole time I was growing up... they hadn't a clue what to do, they toyed with medications with terribly
mixed results, "counseling" was a foul ball to left field....

Modern psychiatry is every bit as messed up as modern medicine! My wife worked as a nurse in a state mental hospital for close to 5 years and has
pretty-much reached the same conclusion. The best they could do was sedate with medications... beyond that it was empty conversation...

I hate beating this drum but there is so much that is generated by diet! Clean this up first and then see where you stand.... my wife is now a
believer and she knows the difference... and I can attest via my own exposure... put distance between yourself and the various poisons they call
food and much of what ails us dissolves... you are then in a much better space to tackle the personal issues... :^)

It sounds like your mother had something far worse than general anxiety or depression. Some people don't gain any sort of help with visiting a psychologist or receiving medication due to it just not being beneficial or the person just has something that is very detrimental and nothing can really help.

Mental institutions aren't for someone with general anxiety or depression and are generally meant for people with mental problems that are very detrimental and cause the person to be a danger to themselves or society.

Basic anxiety can be overcome with just counseling though some have it severe enough where a very small dosage of Ambien or Prozac or something similar may be required. The goal of good psychologists and psychiatrists is to give the person the tools necessary to handle what is ailing them.

Also the problem is that the idea of what diet is beneficial and what can feasibly be done by the person. A person's financial state may not allow them to eat a diet that involves grass-fed meat or organic foods. Those items are silly expensive and someone like me just can't afford it.

I would love to do a variety of things with my diet including eating healthier foods, but it's not going to happen for at least a couple of years.

My anxiety and depression, without a change in diet and without seeing a psychologist in several months or taking medication in months, are pretty much well handled now and are no longer a major concern in my life.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Master
One thing is though is that small problems with the diet can be overlooked leading to much bigger problems, sometimes the obvious can be missed.

With my own condition the doctor prescribed strong B complex, then after getting ill again it took me a while to realise the B complex was not full spectrum and also contained synthetic vits, now if I would have followed the docs instructions It would have lead to psychiatry and maybe more, as they presumed their B vits were adequate. What I do now is buy my own high strength natural ones and have been much better.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Deactivated Account

Tell him to give Cognitive Therapy a try, also if he exercised I am sure it'd help him tons and get rid of an excess of energy, as well as releasing endorphins.

When he is having an anxiety attack, the best he can do is not hyperventilate, the old trick of breathing into a paper bag can be very helpful. Also he must avoid caffeine, in my case I can't live with it, but Coffee gives me big anxiety attacks, so (unfortunately) I drink Red Bull which doesn't cause the same effects as coffee. But if he can avoid it altogether, the better!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianHawk
Did meditation help you?

Arian Hawk. )O(
This looks all like going into the wrong direction. Get involved in the world and forget the spiritual stuff for 5 years or so.