Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Experiencer

My personality

I am someone with a dull, bland, and shallow personality that lacks empathy. I feel no sense of personal connection to anyone else in the world and neither do I feel any connection to my own family or pets. I can't relate much to anyone else and I have a hard time comprehending what other people are saying. I am instead deeply and profoundly connected to my own good feelings since my good feelings are the only experiences that give my life a real quality of value, worth, joy, happiness, and beauty.

In other words, I am instead connected to experiencing feelings of beauty out in nature and from my own personal life/hobbies. I am like a happy and carefree bunny who doesn't care about anything or anyone else but feeling happy in life. I realize that there are many innocent people out in the world suffering, but the only way I would feel an obligation to help them and the only way I would feel it would be wrong to not help them out would be if I had a connection to them.

When you are connected to other people in the world, then you cannot stand allowing these people to suffer and that is why you would feel an obligation to help them. So, from this perspective, it would be wrong to you for you to not help them out. But there is another perspective in which it is no longer wrong to you to not help them out. This would be a disconnected perspective in which you have no connection to anyone else, you realize that each person has their individual separate lives, and that we are all just human beings trying to make the best of and get by with our own personal lives. We just mind our own business and move on.

I also don't wish to live my life in obedience and servitude since that is treating me like a slave. I absolutely abhor living my life like a slave. I just wish to be free and live for myself and my own good feelings. This is yet another reason why I don't wish to help others and serve my life to anyone else. I see helping others, serving others, and contributing to the world as something completely optional. I see it as optional and not an obligation. It is no different than a career such as being a dentist or a teacher. These careers are optional and should not be an obligation. You should not be expected to pursue these careers and you should not be frowned upon for not pursuing them since you have no interest in those careers.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Master
You are only confirming what the Bible refers to as sin, and a Fall. You are not unique in these things. Which is the reason for "Salvation", born of God's love.
Also, seperation is an illusion in this material world.
In the greater reality and truth there is unity, and we are all connected in God.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I am someone with a dull, bland, and shallow personality that lacks empathy. I feel no sense of personal connection to anyone else in the world and neither do I feel any connection to my own family or pets. I can't relate much to anyone else and I have a hard time comprehending what other people are saying. I am instead deeply and profoundly connected to my own good feelings since my good feelings are the only experiences that give my life a real quality of value, worth, joy, happiness, and beauty.

In other words, I am instead connected to experiencing feelings of beauty out in nature and from my own personal life/hobbies. I am like a happy and carefree bunny who doesn't care about anything or anyone else but feeling happy in life. I realize that there are many innocent people out in the world suffering, but the only way I would feel an obligation to help them and the only way I would feel it would be wrong to not help them out would be if I had a connection to them.

When you are connected to other people in the world, then you cannot stand allowing these people to suffer and that is why you would feel an obligation to help them. So, from this perspective, it would be wrong to you for you to not help them out. But there is another perspective in which it is no longer wrong to you to not help them out. This would be a disconnected perspective in which you have no connection to anyone else, you realize that each person has their individual separate lives, and that we are all just human beings trying to make the best of and get by with our own personal lives. We just mind our own business and move on.

I also don't wish to live my life in obedience and servitude since that is treating me like a slave. I absolutely abhor living my life like a slave. I just wish to be free and live for myself and my own good feelings. This is yet another reason why I don't wish to help others and serve my life to anyone else. I see helping others, serving others, and contributing to the world as something completely optional. I see it as optional and not an obligation. It is no different than a career such as being a dentist or a teacher. These careers are optional and should not be an obligation. You should not be expected to pursue these careers and you should not be frowned upon for not pursuing them since you have no interest in those careers.
I am exactly the same...exactly!

I have come to realise that certain people are empathetic, care-giving and humanist...I mean the majority of people are like that or would like to be..while some of us just aren't.

It stems from the fact that human beings are 'social animals' however, for a few of us...a very select few, this is definitely not the case and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Then I realised that God wouldn't have made me this way if there wasn't a reason for it and the reason being is the less distracted we are towards others...the less we care about our 'external world', the more it forces us to go within and seek out our own answers.

I also figured out long ago that as long as we are happy and content within ourselves, we can let others just 'be' and do whatever it is they do because we haven't yet earned the right to become intolerant and poking our noses into another's business...because it is none of our concern.

If more people were just happy, carefree bunnies...not giving a toss about anyone or anything and just walking their own path...having faith in that, the better off the whole world would be.

So, don't think we're losing out here because we are unable to assist due to a 'design fault' or a 'glitch in the matrix'...the simple fact we are happy to just let others be because we are is testament to itself.
Old 23-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7

How you 'frame' issues determines the conclusions you (apparently logically) arrive at in relation to them.

You frame the 'issue' of whether there's any percentage (for you) in 'helping' others in terms of ego-connection (or absence thereof). Since 'you' are disconnected in egotistical terms, there isn't.

If you thought of your (ego) 'self' as being 'marooned' in 'i'solation on an island, you just might want to nurture others (plants, animals, other people who became 'marooned' with you) for the pleasure of (possibly) making them healthier and happier - because this would be more meaningful/wonderful 'fun' than both you and them just living and dying in 'i'solation - not out of any 'obligation' or because it is 'expected' of you, but for the pleasure of experiencing vital friendship and companionship, which you presently don't even know the pleasure of and so have no idea whatsoever that you are 'missing' and so spiritually stagnating and atrophying in 'i'solation as a result of not having/enjoying.

Some people think that said kind of 'limbo' is 'heaven' because they 'frame' their experience in terms of 'freedom' from 'obligation' and (falsely IMO) regard mutuality in relationship with others to be a 'burden' (as opposed to a possible 'blessing').