Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 27-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Experiencer
Mediumship is a serious business. One has to be protected, either by an entity, or self protected to be one without getting negative entities' attention.

I really urge you to see this beautiful movie based on a true story (there are English subtitles), so you can see that everything is relative. There can be good automatic writing too, if the higher entities so wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu0BX72dKM
Old 27-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Everly

Yes, indeed. The good ones do communicate. I, too, am a real person with real experiences.

As for being fearful, Starlit. I didn't say you were a fearful person. Being a fearful person is different from having fears. We all have fears. Some are obvious and are clear in conscious awareness, like a fear of heights or a fear of deep water. Other fears aren't obvious at all and sort of lurk in the recesses of our minds until something happens to yank them out into our awareness.

I had no idea, none at all, that I was at all claustrophobic. In fact, I would have bet just about anything that I wasn't. But then I had an experience that brought it out like a slap in the face and I had a very real panic attack. I was shocked that such a fear could be a part of me without my being aware of it. The point is, we all have fears. It's what we do with them that matters. We can give in to them or face them.

Perhaps...maybe...the fear of a negative experience wasn't conscious when you were doing automatic writing. But maybe, just maybe, there was something way in the back of your mind that you'd heard or read that created subconscious doubt (fear).

As I said, I've used automatic writing for over 40 years with only positive results. If it were as bad as a few people claim, wouldn't everyone who did it have bad experiences?
Old 27-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Master
when a writer writes from a place of inspiration it's always as if the words write themselves, as if one is possessed. imo, this phenom arises from the subconscious where reality is malleable and what comes through via one's perception lens are self aspects seeking expression. sometimes these self expressions are exceedingly unpleasant as they burble up amorphous from the dark recesses of the subconscious (which, i believe, is a repository for all human experience and is shared collectively). these atavistic energies might take shape, coalescing the bits and pieces of imagery, lore, suppressed superstitions, media impressions and long held beliefs into "entity". since it's my perception lens allowing for the odd reality of it i own it and so i control it.

that's my theory anyway...
Old 27-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Starlit

I think we all have fears, whether we know them or not. I don't know why some have bad experiences and others do not but after forty years I think you are ok with the automatic writing Everly

How awful for you to discover your claustrophobia like that, it sounds scary.

Many, many years ago I had a few sessions with a Ouija board with some friends, well the glass whizzed round and spelt out messages and we laughed and chatted to whatever it was, we were respectful not scared and nothing at all nasty happened. I have also heard real horror stories about Ouija and would not try it again under any circumstances.
Old 27-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Reela

When the communication is real - it turns negative. It always does, it is an outside conciousness manipulating you. When it's real you hear their voice in your head. Is there any scenario where that ends well? Once they've found their "medium", the means through which they can communicate, they're not likely to simply go away just because one no longer desires the communication. Just because one person can drive the wrong way on a one way street and not get in an accident doesn't mean that everyone will have the same result.

Automatic writing is playing with fire, do so and you get burned.

You've been warned.

I'm done. My positive message has been delivered. And yes, protection of Human beings is always positive. Even if those Humans don't realize it. If you don't like my message pretend it comes from a dead relative, or from your spirit guide or source.
Old 27-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm done. My positive message has been delivered. And yes, protection of Human beings is always positive. Even if those Humans don't realize it. If you don't like my message pretend it comes from a dead relative, or from your spirit guide or source

gee, it's a good discussion. it's okay if people have different point of views due to different experience. isn't it? it's not actually an affront to you or a negation of your offering. i think it's an interesting topic.

PS. just fyi ... hearing voices in one's head doesn't necessarily indicate interaction w/ evil.
Old 27-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Starlit

A few years ago I was at home, busy when I heard a voice telling me to get over to my dads house (he lived next door) right away. I was puzzled, sort of ignored it then decided to act on it! Rushed over and he was up and out of bed, he needed assistance, the person who was supposed to be caring for him had gone into town without telling me. I actually think it was my guardian angel's voice and I am eternally grateful for that warning.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Checkmate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit
A few years ago I was at home, busy when I heard a voice telling me to get over to my dads house (he lived next door) right away. I was puzzled, sort of ignored it then decided to act on it! Rushed over and he was up and out of bed, he needed assistance, the person who was supposed to be caring for him had gone into town without telling me. I actually think it was my guardian angel's voice and I am eternally grateful for that warning.

I've had similar experiences and they saved me more than once.

Way to shut people out Reela. The thing is you need protection every time you engage in spirit work anyway so that kinda comes with the job.
I personally like automatic writing. I received useful messages and thoughts. It just means this is not for you.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Starlit

Come to think of it, only recently I was cycling down hill on my bicycle and quite clearly heard a voice telling me to slow down because a car door was about to open right in front of me. I slowed down and a red van suddenly zoomed round me and screeched to a halt. The driver threw the car door open and I was able to stop before I was knocked off. He looked embarrassed and apologised!

Just to add, I did say all the protection prayers before doing automatic writing but whatever I connected with seemed able to resist them. Perhaps I didn't say them enough or properly? Not that I'm ever going to try it again but what is the best thing to do to keep safe?
Old 02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Seeker

Reela may not have been the most tactful, but I support his general message. Automatic writing is a form of possession. There are dangers related to that. If you want to automatic write then you can make your choice, but to show unwavering support for it universally is misleading at best. If automatic writing is going to be presented then it should come with a fair amount of caution for good measure.