Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
dayleekay

Almost there?

Right now I am feeling somewhat disappointed and somewhat proud of myself lol.

I went to lay down for an afternoon nap with the intention of putting myself into sleep paralysis (the afternoon seems to be the only time I have been able to do this).

I focused on my breathing while my body became more and more relaxed. I would drift off a little and catch myself doing so and then try to bring my awareness back. This happened a few times until I started to dream. I managed to pull myself out of the dream and was laying in bed with my head and body in the same position that I fell asleep in. I was feeling pretty groggy like my mind wanted to go back to sleep but I tried to fight it and I raised my arms up in the air (except my arms appeared to still be laying on the bed). All I could think was "this is it!" and I tried to lay up...nothing. Then I tried really really hard to just roll myself out of bed sideways..nothing. I felt super heavy like lead and movement seemed impossible. Eventually my physical body woke up and I unfortunately broke out of the paralysis.

I feel like I was so close yet so far? I am hoping to get further next time! :)
Old 02-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Master

You will get better. It happens to us all. I think it happens to a lot of people. It happens to me. Well done on your effort. When you said you started to dream you could allow yourself to dream. You could become aware that you are dreaming and are out of your body.
You said you raised your arms up in the air but your arms seemed to be lying on the bed. When that happens again keep saying I can do it and get out of your body. That happened to me years ago, Apart of me would be free and another part of me was stuck to my body. I kept saying I can do it. It was hard work and I managed to get out. In time it got easier and easier to do as I knew I could do it. Perhaps that is the problem. It may not be.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Knower
You're definately on the right track, keep trying it will happen��
I use sleep paralysis to AP too. You find the afternoons easier to achieve SP because at night you're probably too tired to stay awake. I find it easier a few hours after I wake up when Im well rested.
The trick is not to think about it too much when its happening, and especially not to think about your physical body or you snap back.
Keep trying, you're almost there��