Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Experiencer

I want to AP

Hi all,

I've read several books on AP but have never done it myself. Last year I tried for awhile, but then gave it up when my therapist cautioned me to be careful. She tends to caution me a lot, and I caution myself a lot, but I think the time for caution is over...well, I will ask for protection when I attempt. I think I'm in a good place emotionally to do this.

I'm starting the William Buhlman books, which I bought awhile back.

One concern I have is my dog. She is my constant companion. She sleeps with me. I'm worried she will interfere with the experience. Any suggestions? Certainly others who AP must have dogs?

Once I experienced sleep paralysis. This was during a time when I wasn't even trying to AP. It was a disturbing experience. I think I panicked a little. I should have relaxed into it and maybe thought "Door, now"?

Thanks in advance for any responses to this thread.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Ascender
I wish you well in your desire to AP. Buhlman is a good way to start. It is very important not to project if you have any negative emotions at the time. Is that why your therapist advised you to be cautious, or was it for some other reason? (If that question is too personal, I apologise sincerely and there is no need to answer). Try to concentrate on positive emotions, especially before projecting. It is important to put aside hate, anger, jealousy, etc. before even thinking about projecting.

One thing attracted me to your thread: your question about whether having a dog would interfere with your projection. The answer to that, from my own personal experience, is a decided "No". If anything, especially as you say that she is your constant companion, she will help you in your projection - emotionally and spiritually. At a later stage, perhaps you could project together, if the emotional and spiritual bond is extremely close.

If you have any doubts on this issue, you are welcome to look at my website. Tobi's site (she's also a member of this forum) will also give you good insights.

Regarding sleep paralysis, I don't have that "problem" (yes, I know "problem" isn't the right word), as I always project from conscious trance, not when sleepy. But there are many on this forum who can advise you about sleep paralysis. But I can tell you from my reading (books and forums) that this is a perfectly common phenomenon and there is no need to be fearful or to regard it as disturbing. Welcome the paralysis, think love and enjoy your projection!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for your response, LPC. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear that my dog won't interfere. I said she is my constant companion, but she is only a bit over a year old. Maybe I exaggerated? (Though she IS sitting on my legs as I type.) I did have trouble making it through her early puppy stage--she drove me crazy! But now she has settled down quite a bit and I am quite fond of her.

I went to your site briefly and saw you are an animal lover. Yay! Last year I lost my first dog to congenital heart failure. She was nearly 13 years old. She was such a love. She was born deaf, but we communicated very well by sign language. She was such a gentle soul. And this new dog...well, she was a rascal for a time. I am so relieved that I am starting to really love her now.

You might be interested in this story. My first dog, Annie, had been failing for some time. The vet put her on people medication (I picked it up at the pharmacy each week) in addition to the other meds she was taking and Annie lasted another year. But her heart was getting progressively worse. I decided to have her put down, then cancelled the appointment, then, a few weeks later, rescheduled. My friend prayed (she didn't tell me this at the time) that there would be a sign if it was right to put her down, so that I would know it was the right thing to do and the right time. I spent the day with Annie, the day that she was scheduled to be put down. Because I needed to eat but didn't have anything in the house, I ordered a sub delivered. When it arrived, Annie ran like a maniac (as she always did) to the door, and once I opened the door, into the hallway, to see the delivery person. I collected the sandwich, then Annie raced back inside where she collapsed. It was really weird. She just sort of folded over, like a toy or something. It was all slow motion. I dropped the sandwich, picked her up very carefully, and took her onto the couch in the living room. I talked to her softly and after a few minutes, she revived. I think she had an obe, and while she was out of her body, I think she heard me talking to her. I don't know why I think that, but I do. Anyway, it was clear to me that the time to put her down had arrived. A few hours later I took her to the vet and I held her while the vet administered the shot. It was all peaceful. Annie seemed to lose weight, just a little, and then she was gone. Later, my therapist sent an email that Annie had visited her. She had visited just after she was put down. My therapist said she looked younger and very happy.

As far as why my therapist said I shouldn't AP, she didn't say, but I think I probably wasn't in a good place emotionally when I first wanted to do it. I was filled with grief over the loss of my son. (He died 4 years ago.) I think I can cross off anger, hate, jealousy--all of those right now. And grief, too. So, I think I am good to go!

Thanks again for your response. I am going to go look at your website again now.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Ascender
I'm very sorry to hear about your son. But after all you have experienced, you don't need me to tell you that it's not a case of "farewell", but of "see you later". You will all be reunited, when your time comes.

I'm sure that what your therapist said is correct. Most beings on the astral choose to adopt an astral body similar to what they had when they were at their peak on the physical plane.

Do please drop by to see Tobi's site, too. You will find a lot of value there.

...And best wishes for your APs!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Experiencer

LPC, I did visit both your and Tobi's sites. Tobi's made me cry, for some reason. I really enjoyed reading your personal story. When my sister's dog dies, I think I will direct her to your website. Thanks so much for the site and for referring me to Tobi's.