Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-10-2016, 11:28 PM
Knower

Putting Animals In Cages?

Whoa, So I was just randomly thinking about this (which I probably haven't given a second thought most of my life) and it just very strongly resonates with me that animals shouldn't really be kept in cages.... I mean I honestly don't know if I'd own one in a cage anymore (had a lizard and turtles in the past), it seems like if you have a turtle they need like 30 or 40 sq. ft and a mini pond to live a fulfilling life... I feel the same way about zoos now too. It's like the info was just downloaded without thinking about it. Hmm is compassion for animals high on the list of spiritual development lol?

And also, we put our own people in cages - I feel for them too. It's time to evolve ppl.
Old 18-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Master
long overdue
Old 18-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Guide

Yeah, I don't like zoos anymore. Poor creatures stuck in small enclosures for our personal enjoyment. I even feel bad keeping my cats as house cats, but it is too dangerous for them to wander outside. Our city also wants to enforce a bylaw that all cats are indoor pets because of the effects on the bird populations.
Old 18-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Master

How would you feel?
That is how they feel.

Born to be free.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Knower

It made me think about this channeling from Abraham Hicks. Slightly different, but similar.

"The animals coming in know what they're coming in to. [..] They're not fretting over it, they're not worrying about it, they are not in those cages complaining. They're not. They are coping.
They don't care where they be in the experience of leading edge time-space reality because they are more certain than humans are of their alignment with who they are."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAHMF5o2yYw

Of course it's a good idea to change the conditions in which animals are living, but you really don't need to worry about it so much.

"You are not suffering over the animals. That's not why your heart aches. You are suffering because you are looking at it in the way that source within you is not looking."
Old 18-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Master

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Animals don't want to be confined or killed, any more than you or I do.
If 'you' left the zoo cage doors open, or the factory farm doors, or the slaughterhouse doors ... I'll wager you wouldn't see them for dust.

As for the Hicks 'channellings'. Lets just say I'm not a fan.

Old 18-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Animals don't want to be confined or killed, any more than you or I do.
If 'you' left the zoo cage doors open, or the factory farm doors, or the slaughterhouse doors ... I'll wager you wouldn't see them for dust.

As for the Hicks 'channellings'. Lets just say I'm not a fan.

Let me ask you one question.
Do you believe every form of consciousness comes forth into this physical reality knowing what awaits them? Or at least the potential of what awaits them?
Old 18-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
Let me ask you one question.
Do you believe every form of consciousness comes forth into this physical reality knowing what awaits them? Or at least the potential of what awaits them?

I'm not firing on you, dear William. Point of light discussion.

Animals are on their own evolutionary path, different from the human.
They come, if anything, expecting from humans - being supposedly spiritually more advanced - love and kindness, and to learn from positive association with them. Though in most cases being sadly disappointed at encountering human cruelty and indifference.

This is another allusion that animal life is pre-destined from birth to death?
A multitude of potential analogies, but animals in the slaughter line - defecating themselves, thrashing about, bellowing and squealing, or animals pursued by dogs - hearts pounding, eyes bulging from their heads, tongues hanging out, that does not say to me a willingness to accept nor a surrender to fate.

And humans are not automatons. There is a general framework, lessons to be learnt and karma to be settled, and the wherewithal to do it, but that does not make it done.

Old 18-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Master
i'm a fan of the Hicks channellings.
i imagine that some creatures would prefer confinement,
since it would protect them from dangers and uncertainty.
it can become a comfort zone.

by the way, thank you knightofalbion, for causing smiles.
Old 18-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i'm a fan of the Hicks channellings.
i imagine that some creatures would prefer confinement,
since it would protect them from dangers and uncertainty.
it can become a comfort zone.

But only if their spirit had been totally broken by institutionalisation, as can happen with some humans confined to prison for decades.

Would you want, or have wanted as a child, to be confined in a cage for your whole life???