Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Knower

Something my daughter said to me....

I know kids say silly things but it's the WAY my daughter says this that has got me on here asking questions.

For the past few months she has beens saying "Momma, when you were little I took care of you....now it's your turn to take care of me".
I know this could be put down to her being 4 years old and being a child but it got me wondering. Everyone who did raise me when I was little has died and that was before my daughter was born. Of course my dad died last year when my daughter was around and my mom is still here. But my 2 aunts and my grandma literally raised me because my parents had to work their butts off to pay bills, etc.

Any opinions on this are welcome. It just has me wondering, that's all.
Old 17-04-2013, 05:27 PM
lily of the valley

She's talking about a past life. Children up to the age of five tend to remember their past lives and talk about them. I have heard of a similar situation where the son said the same exact thing to his father, that its now HIS turn to take care of HIM. Very interesting....
Old 17-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Knower

If she did take care of me when I was little, there are only three people she could be referring to. I did not get along with my Aunt Minnie (who died in my living room while a hospice patient), my grandma who I LOVED to death, and my Auntie Ann who I loved as well. They were all well into their 80's when they died and are the ONLY people who raised me other than my parents. Also, whenever stress starts getting to me my daughter comes up to me and says "Momma, you have to be patient....I'm just a kid". A lot of times she speaks so adult like. And when she says that I feel 100% better.
Old 17-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
sounds like past life. Maybe ask her some questions. When she is in past life remembrance. Like a specific thing you know about the persons who raised you that you never said to your daughter. Or just ask her about that time period. Ask what was your name?
Old 18-04-2013, 01:10 AM
mnrjpf99

I think it's very possible that she may have been your close caregiver in her past life.
I saw a video on past lives, where a little boy said the same type things to his dad. He had said things that only his grandfather could know. The little boy had said to his daddy, "You know when I was your daddy I did" (whatever it was that he had said he had done). I hope that made sense.
Pay attention to things she tells you without "couching" her. Let her tell you things in her own words.
I hope this helps.
Old 18-04-2013, 01:41 AM
partofme

I'd say its very possible. I too, would ask her indirect questions in reference to the two family members in which you feel are the possibilities.
Its been said that we either do or can circle around our same souls throughout our lifetimes over and over.
My daughter when she was about 2, looked up at my husband while they were out walking one day and said that she wasnt afraid to die. His youngest sister died at fifteen months so we kinda thought that there might be a possibility that she could of been her. She also had a fairly quick bond with her Grandfather (Dad?) when she was small and never really ever spent any time with him since we are in different states.
Old 18-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Knower

I will do that :) What sort of questions should I ask though. I allow her to be open at all times. She talks to someone when she is alone, and I casually ask her who and she says it's her superhero. I just go along with it because I don't want to be one of those parents that freaks out and tells her it's not real. I believe its real anyways, lol.
Old 18-04-2013, 08:14 AM
primrose

You could ask her where you both lived, or something along that line. It does sound like a past life, when my mother was dying, my long dead grandmother told her and she told me, that my son used to be her son. My son was 12 at this time, my grandmother had been dead for 5 years before he was born, I don't understand how it works. I would'nt believe it, but other things she told my dying mother about me were true. It sounds like your daughter has a spirit friend, it's good you have an open mind for her.
Old 18-04-2013, 08:26 AM
lily of the valley

@little wolf, definitely keep an open mind about this "situation", and try to get the most out of it while you still can. In a few years she won't remember any of this and you would have lost the chance to learn from her. I now regret not listening to my son more when he was your daughter's age, as he had an imaginary friend for years with whom he spoke. I thought it was just him being lonely, but knowing the kind of soul my son is, I know it was something way bigger than that. I regret it now.....and I'd hate to see you do the same. As only YOU know your daughter better than anyone else, you'll find the right words to say to her. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. hugs
Old 18-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Administrator
I had an ectopic pregnancy 15 years ago it was a boy,14 years ago i had a misscarrage it was a girl,i then went on to have my last child 12 years ago she said to me when she was 3 and again at 6 that she should have been born before,but she had to go back now shes come back,she said you were going to call me a different name to what i got now,which was true.she then went on to say my brother is at home in spirit its not his time to come back yet.but she is very intuitive anyway .

Namaste