Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 10-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Knower

What is psychic protection?

While looking at some spiritual books on amazon(particularly those that mention the topic of positive energy and how to avoid those with negative energy)I cam across a book or two that talk about psychic protection. I'm guessing it doesn't have much to do with psychics. So what exactly is it?
Old 10-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Seeker

psychic protection is protecting yourself against 'subtle' energies that may be detrimental the the peace and harmony of your own energies. That is emotional/mental/psychic energues either from people, places or potentially even you! I have read a few books on the subject and I'm reading one by William Bloom called psychic protection which is positive, informative and reassuring.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Knower

Thanks. That's pretty much exactly what I thought it was.

My question now is does anyone know of any workbooks rather than just regular books where you read it and that's it. I'm looking for something that is interactive that can help me achieve my goals regarding this. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Ivy

What are your goals regarding mystic?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Knower

I'm not sure I understand the question. What are my goals? I'd say I want to protect myself from energy vampires. I want to figure out how to respond to negative people without being baited into an argument or getting sucked into their reality. I have a book called "the Power of I am" which is pretty good so far but it's not a work book.
Old 23-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Master

I don't know of any recent books that would give you actual exercises etc. but there's an older book by Dion Fortune called Psychic Self-Defense that in chapter 17 gives you 'methods of defence'.

Jenny Crow
Old 23-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Neville

A somewhat arcane manuscript (by today's standards) was published by the late Dion Fortune , an associate of Gerald Gardner(more of whom in other threads).

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/rel...%20Defense.pdf

This will hopefully bring to bear some of the reasoning why protection is necessary and some of the consequences of neglecting protections.
Old 24-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Master

Yes, that's the book I was speaking of Neville

Jenny Crow
Old 21-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Master

I have a Llewynn book tittled psychic self def. ( or close to that ) If asked I will find it and post a isbn # I also see methods on you tube , but I have not watched them so I dont know if they are any good .
Old 24-08-2013, 06:13 AM
primrose

In the meantime, just imagine yourself wrapped in a bubble, or having a White light surrounding your body. This has worked for me. I can't add anything regarding books.