Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Guide
Chill out guys.

There are no easy answers here but anyone who supports the killing of endangered species for trophies has a lot of problems IMO.

Any animal really.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Master
Color Live and let live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Hunting is a very important part of Native American Spirituality. This this topic is very important part of spirituality for my people.
Sorry but I just don't get it .........

Read the words of Silver birch ........
Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
"Production" is what this video is about, and I explained why in my other post. Those who are connected spiritually to the earth and its life, do NOT consider animals as a "product". It was your "Evolved Spirituality" that came from this way of life. Those who Hunted and Gathered, and did not produce a "product" to make money on, had a True reverence for life. Why? because they did not have money.

REALITY is what that video is about.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Your recourse to mockery and personal attack underlines your level of spirituality.

Actually no, I'm not mocking you at all, I'm actually feeling a lot of compassion for you right now and remembering the many times I have been utterly ignorant and short sighted myself and completely self-blinded it no matter how it was pointed out to me.

The evolution of consciousness is not a switch to suddenly be turned on and fully illuminated, it's a long slow learning process rift with many bumps an delays. And just when we make some progress it's only to the top of a little hill which gives us a clear view of the next one to be climbed still.
So I have tossed some things out for you to consider, not everyone agrees with you, it might interest you to know why others find holes in your logic, or perhaps not, that's entirely up to you.
I've learned a lot from discourse and often changed my way of thinking because someone effectively pointed out that it had holes in it and wasn't consistent with other things I was claiming/believing. When I could remove my egoic response and reaction from it I discovered I'd made statements I didn't actually believe once I'd analyzed it with clearer thinking.

Any attack was only a rebuttal of equal force to your comments made to me personally. I just didn't feel like being delicate, it didn't feel honest given your statements and would be disingenuous given your direct questions and accusations. Politeness leads to politeness and I do like to respond in kind, in this case you didn't extend it, so I didn't respond with it.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
I will defend cultural aspects that I have respect for and will stand up against the wrongs of the culture that I know most about, because I've grown in it.

The reason I am able to do this, is because I am an individual and I live my way, based on my individual learning and understand always that I can learn from situations and people that I don't yet understand.

I studied native American culture and as a British woman that has never visited the America's, I feel an respect and understanding, with no claim of heritage, other than being a fellow human being of this earth. And the lands of our human ancestry go beyond one continent, one culture and colour of skin.

And much as I respect every place, race and culture on this earth, there is not one, that I would accept or respect racist terminology as 'most Biligana'. I enjoy your posts thunder bow and have done for a long time, and I realise that this is unusual for you and hope that you have the courage to correct yourself.

My post intended to to address this guys arrogance. "Biliagana" is a Navajo word for the "White man" it is not a racail slur. "Most" does not mean All. I know there are exceptions. I am only comparing our friend to those who were arrogant as he seems to be, and seems to follow the path of those who done wrong to the Native People. I am not implying you or others of other race. I do not hold any one responsible for other peoples reactions, or that your are like them because of your genetic heritage.

How ever this guy talk with arrogance, and that does hit a nerve with me.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Master
Had Thunder Bow called him a digeese biliagana (sorry - spelling, but Thunder Bow knows what I'm trying to type lol) I would have called Thunder Bow on it as that has a derogatory meaning, but biliagana doesn't, no more than Indian, Caucasian, Japanese, or Eskimo.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Careful on the 'his kind' part. You are his kind too, so am I. We're all in human bodies. He is just experiencing his in a different way, a way which isn't a good choice for us because it closes our heart down.
So he is choosing to be be cut off from Spirit, we have also at times, perhaps many times yes?

We are all Threads in the same Great Rug. There is no separation.

"His Kind" refers to those who are Arrogant. Not to any race or culture or a people. I only refer to a way of speaking.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Master
I understand you :)
Old 08-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Suspended
Quote:
It would be nice if you stuck to posting regarding the topic of the thread rather than resorting to personal attacks.

I surely don't need to remind you that Violet asked you to leave SI (another forum) due to your persistently aggressive and unreasonable posts.

Personal Attacks? Your on thin ice, careful. Best not to mention other forums here. Since when are my post aggressive and unreasonable? That sounds like a Judgement call, and judgement calls can be personal.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Your recourse to mockery and personal attack underlines your level of spirituality.

You post Fits the definition of a "Personal Attack" perfectly.
Closed Thread