Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-10-2010, 06:56 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
Ego and separation are different levels of the same truth. Individuality and ego are the same. To bring down the ego is to cease to exist, some say. I am not saying that i know this, it is an idea i am having. I am not the best at explaining this, it is hard to translate it in words, ya know

Agreed! These concepts ARE hard to talk about in words...they do not lend themselves to easy discussion because the concepts themselves are wordless and therefore hard to convey. But having said that, I must also say your post makes perfect sense to me!
Old 20-10-2010, 06:58 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents

Boasting is also a character trait of people who think they already know everything. I will refrain from comment on your usage of the word "God".

Generally speaking those who think they know everything are those who are insecure in their beliefs and need the agreement of others to support them. Personally I recognize that truth is individual and therefore am not threatened by those who hold opinions at variance with my own

Enjoy your day!

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 27-10-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 20-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Master
Technically the term Alien is relative. Move to another country and voila you are now an Alien. Travel to another planet and again...

As for "God" being an Alien??? That would mean to say he is confined to a form like you and I, no?
Old 20-10-2010, 07:21 PM
mahakali

Quote:

Agreed! These concepts ARE hard to talk about in words...they do not lend themselves to easy discussion because the concepts themselves are wordless and therefore hard to convey. But having said that, I must also say your post makes perfect sense to me!
thanks , we seem to see things from a similar perspective. I think a lot about these sort of things. I think it is hard to communicate on forums because we cant even use eye contact or body language, that I think speaks louder than words sometimes.
Old 20-10-2010, 07:26 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
Technically the term Alien is relative. Move to another country and voila you are now an Alien. Travel to another planet and again...

As for "God" being an Alien??? That would mean to say he is confined to a form like you and I, no?

so then you mean that in order to be considered the term alien that you must have a body. then you are right.

if you are saying that entities not limited to a body, that did not come from earth are called somthing else, then what is that term?
Old 20-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Generally speaking those who think they know everything are those who are insecure in their beliefs and need the agreement of others to support them. Personally I recognize that truth is individual and therefore am not threatened by those who hold opinions in variance with my own

Enjoy your day!

Some boasting comes from insecurity, not all.

That said, I am thinking the proper description I am looking for here is not boasting but possibly "Delusions of Grandeur". Which is a symptom of Bi Polar disorder among other things. Depression may be the flipped side of the bi polar coin but that is not interchangeable with insecurity.

The secondary personality type I was referring to was a "Know it All" they are the ones that will argue with you on a subject with absolute confidence even when they know little to nothing about it.

For example, Person A, is a dental Assistant/Hygienist has been for 10-11 years now. Person B, is a big time know it all. When the two of them get on the topic of dental Hygiene Person B will refuse to accept anything Person A says as truth, above what they have already convinced themselves of. This is the case with every single conversation topic you will ever engage them in and they are not elderly, only in their late 40's.

In instances involving other people who fit the "Know it All" description. I have seen people take on as many as 10+ people in an argument to defend such claims as "Homosexuality is a Birth Defect" one of countless topics they like to defend.

To dissect and try and figure out where this behavior stems from I would say it is either a product of, or closely linked to, an underlying sense of "Self Importance". Long term development from being an over achiever?

Who knows.

But I am pegging you as being someone who likes to be heard and likes to have the last word... so I am betting your follow up will look something like...
Quote:
...they are the ones that will argue with you on a subject with absolute confidence even when they know little to nothing about it.

Enjoy your day!

Enjoy your day
Old 20-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
so then you mean that in order to be considered the term alien that you must have a body. then you are right.

if you are saying that entities not limited to a body, that did not come from earth are called somthing else, then what is that term?

Well... depends on how you are defining God in this instance. If God is still "The Father" it wouldn't make sense to consider him foreign. As earth is their product.

If you are considering God as a "Universal Energy Source", well I will give you the answer my husband gave me, "It is the Force you speak of young Jedi"...
Old 20-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Master
Oh wait but you were referring to that one description of the Sun being the sun and Gravity being the Devil... That definition is definitely Alien... But perhaps they were attempting to describe a concept that supersedes the words and concepts available??? I dunno it made my brain flat line for a moment but I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...
Old 20-10-2010, 09:10 PM
mahakali

well yeah i was trying to demonstrate how words can have so many meanings, i can interpret the same phrase in many ways so maybe we are not too far away from the same truth after all.

Quote:
"Homosexuality is a Birth Defect"
i dont think it is a defect but i do think they are born with it, me and my gay roommates talk about this all the time

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Durham-United-Kingdom/Wipeout-Homophobia-on-Facebook/122256581133741?ref=mf&__a=3
Old 21-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Master
Thanks for the link

Yeah, that debate was a mess.