Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Yeah but what about BM and rap?

LOL I'm just crazy. No one thinks it's a good idea, but I love those two styles so much. I'm crazy enough to do it, I'm just working out how, without it sounding cheezy as hell (to me).

Basically you can do whatever you want with music if it works. Spiritual lyrics and black metal tones go together well. It depends on the person making the music. Good music is a result of freedom in the musician.

Ah ah! It's good to be creative. If it speaks to you, just do it.
I believe good music comes from musicians who are in touch with their Higher Self - to me, good music is all about Truth. You're right - it basically depends on the person making the music. This probably involves 'craziness', to some extent... To be able to see past conventions and standards. I consider the musician to be a "vehicle" of something greater, manifesting through him.
Truth be told, never listened to anything remotely similar to Rap-BM, I'm sure it would be a total innovation, and, as open minded as I am, I'm not sure it would be my cup of tea - would have to hear it first before judging. But there's no reason you should not try following your creativity.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Master

hi Arcadia.....
I think you honestly know more about the black metal genre than I do....Im not afraid to admit that....LOL
The reason why I said that BM was evil is because all the black metal bands that I know of are evil..... LOL.....like the ones from Norway.....
but Im sure there are some BM bands out there that are not evil....like the ones you are talking about.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia
I believe good music comes from musicians who are in touch with their Higher Self - to me, good music is all about Truth.
Could you talk more about the higher self in music? I'm very interested in that because I've recently been learning that there is a High Self.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Inquisitive

I listen to a lot of black metal and find the genre to be highly stimulating. I can stare into space and be in an almost trance-like state whilst listening to music even by bands such as Arckanum (though mainly the trance-like state is apparent when listening to bands such as Skagos, Alda, Wodensthrone, Agalloch - if they can be classed as black metal, etc - more atmospheric stuff basically).

In reply to Rena's comment about the genre being evil, I genuinely believe a lot of it is for show and impact. Obviously not always the case, though it's a 'front' in a manner of speaking in order to live up to the expectations of the large majority who listen to black metal.

As soon as I started exploring the black metal genre 5 to 6 years ago I knew I had found the music I was looking for. It's almost as if the genre connects with me on a profound level no other genre of music is able to do.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Master
If you are looking for Spirituality in your music, look no further than Inkubus Sukkubus - Brit. pagan music.

http://youtu.be/f_Lw5fi13XE
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
hawkmoth65

I'm no expert on black metal,but a friend of mine recently sent me a CD from a band called Opeth.I was thinking 'good grief' but actually liked it on listening to it.The album is called 'Damnation' and the band are Swedish.Anyone else heard any of their material?

Among my favourite bands are Marillion,U2,Radiohead,Pink Floyd,Led Zeppelin,Genesis,Fleetwood Mac,Guns & Roses,10cc,The Beatles,The Who,Jimi Hendrix,Coldplay,Snow Patrol and many,many more
Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 AM
Inquisitive

Opeth are very mellow. They used to be progressive death metal though now are just some sort of soft rock/acoustic/slightly metal band.

You might like Dream Theater if you like Opeth.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Master
This all sounds very interesting. I've ordered a Wolves In The Throne Room CD and an Inkubus Sukkubus CD to try them out. Thanks!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Master
I just had a flashback to my youth in Cheltenham in 1989 - the year inkubus sukkubus were formed. My girlfriend at the time KNEW Candia the lead singer! I just remembered. My girlfriend would talk about Candia with awe saying she was a singer in a wierd band, lol.

I think they used to work together.....isn't the world a small place?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Inquisitive

Wolves in the Throne Room are fantastic. Beautiful music. Really does send chills down my spine, but in awe of their music. What they write really is out of this world, and they're even better live (yes, seen them live - absolutely amazing).