Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-12-2023, 02:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos1982
I read somewhere, not on this thread as I checked, that what you do to others you do to god... The do unto others thing....
yeah jesus explicitly said 'what you do unto the least of these, you do unto me'. I suppose that is part of the reason he said he was going to get mad at a lot of the people who claimed they were doing 'good'. And basically just tell them to go away?
Old 22-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I agree with Altair. People would be fighting over other things if you took God out of the equation. Many wars have been fought with God having nothing to do with it.

yeah at some point I decided that some people just LOVE conflict. And me who doesn't, would still be very mean to take that away from them just to make myself more comfortable with the whole 'peace' thing.

besides it crossed my mind that true peace where we are actually happy with our lot doesn't HAVE To look the way people say it does lol... maybe there is a kinda peace for such people, in having their conflicts? That they wouldn't find if we succeeded in forcing the societally viewed version of peace on them?

But of course I don't know. I'd just be guessing either way... and even if I got a lot of other people to agree with my guesses I understand that some people simply aren't going to like what I come up with.

I think it simply isn't going to work, this notion that one can legislate a 'proper' way of life, from above, that all people should follow, for all time.
Old 22-12-2023, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I think it simply isn't going to work, this notion that one can legislate a 'proper' way of life, from above, that all people should follow, for all time.

The Communists tried something like that and ended up turning into a totalitarian regime. The political right wing fears being 'told' what to do for that reason. Any attempt at forcing peace usually ends up counter productive.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 24-12-2023, 12:43 PM
Master
Do We Still Have Ape Brains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp30...oryofHumankind
Old 24-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
yeah at some point I decided that some people just LOVE conflict. And me who doesn't, would still be very mean to take that away from them just to make myself more comfortable with the whole 'peace' thing.

time.

Really ? In order to make a few people happy we should permit them to create mayhem ? This great lesson could start in our schools….give the bullies more freedom…..keep them happy….:)
Old 24-12-2023, 02:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Really ? In order to make a few people happy we should permit them to create mayhem ? This great lesson could start in our schools….give the bullies more freedom…..keep them happy….:)

in my view, the only problem with bullies is society has got everyone else convinced it is 'bad' to respond to them in an appropriate way...

and I'm not saying what an appropriate way is, it may not be at all what you will want to think again basaed on societal mores...
Old 24-12-2023, 03:18 PM
Molearner

Quote:
in my view, the only problem with bullies is society has got everyone else convinced it is 'bad' to respond to them in an appropriate way...

and I'm not saying what an appropriate way is, it may not be at all what you will want to think again basaed on societal mores...

One problem…..we are both ‘society’ and ‘everyone else’…have no idea what you mean about some conviction not to respond to bullies….are you saying that society wants to ignore this as a problem ? Where I live bullying is seen as a major problem……maybe not where you live ? And if we cannot agree on an appropriate way do we, in good conscience, simply ignore this ?
Old 24-12-2023, 06:39 PM
Knower

Hi Moleaner,
I understood differently FallingLeaves' post, a way that society made the bullies who they are somehow....

There are "questions" about society that simply get us..

In my view.

~

Merry Christmas by the way to all
Old 26-12-2023, 10:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos1982
I understood differently FallingLeaves' post, a way that society made the bullies who they are somehow....

yeah there is that, some things have to have a fertile breeding ground to exist at all lol....

personally for me I really didn't appreciate either the concept that I must act like a man, be strong, face up to the bully. In the end, I think being told that I had to act the way just because I was confronted with someone mean was a 1000 times worse than being confronted with the someone mean to begin with.

And like I say I'm not sure that had to happen either...

So yeah i personally very much feel like society piles one thing on top of another unless I decide to not continue fighting with god over some perceived 'right' way for reality to be.
Old 28-12-2023, 11:46 PM
Knower

....I personally blame much to the cultural disintegration... music and cinema used to cultivate us....