Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 17-03-2011, 04:24 AM
small.hope.smiles

Question Reiki and Detoxification?

Hello all

I was hoping someone might be able to assist me with some physical discomforts that I have been having since my attunement. I was attuned Feb 19 and since then I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety, shoulder and neck pain, as well as occasional heart palpitations. This has been really hard to talk to anyone about because I work in the medical field and to have someone list all these symptoms would sure be a call for medication. Before my attunement, I was positive and uplifting all those who crossed my path and I absolutely loved the energy I was sharing. Sadly though it seems like all the positive energy that I am suppose to experience with Reiki is few and far between. And I recognize that Reiki can never go away and I have already had a few experiences where the energy starts to flow by itself and my hands become hot and shared the Reiki energy with friends who needed it; and its exciting. However most of my experiences have been a little hard on me personally. Any guidance or words of wisdom who be a great help.

Light and love
Hope
Old 17-03-2011, 04:30 AM
CJ82Sky

im not that experienced in reiki (just a 1 for now) but i am wondering from when i have had reiki sessions done, if your attunement isn't pulling/drawing any negative residualness (is that even a word!? lol) out of you. i found after one very in depth reiki session i received that my shoulder was sore for severa hours afterwards and i had a screaming headache. she said it was my body letting go of past life and past issues and that as the negativity surfaced i would feel it, and then should release it and send it back to the universe. it helped a lot bc in the long run my shoulder has bothered me less than ever but after that session it felt like it was going to fall off!

i would think that when you get this negative feeling, vibe, or medical issues, travel to the chakra that is originating the issue, work on reiking yourself in that chakra, then balance all the chakras, and take the energy, accept it/how it makes you feel, then release it. do not carry guilt or fear attached to the energy or pain or medical issue. simple accept, and then return it to the universe so that your energy can again flow evenly through your chakras.

my guess is really that the reiki attunement opened you up to the positive but to truly feel the benefits of that you need to let go of the negative that was deep rooted in your spirit/core/chakras.

best of luck and love & light to you!
cj
Old 17-03-2011, 04:31 AM
CJ82Sky

oh and i'd like to add i AM just a reiki 1 so those of you on here with more experience, i'd love to hear feedback/corrections. i took those thoughts from what my guides were telling me :) but i am still new to this! well to reiki. thank you all
Old 17-03-2011, 05:01 AM
SoaringSpirit

The first thing I'm curious about, is why you are not asking your Reiki Master about these things, he/she is the one who should be helping you through all of this....

Personally, I give my students a list of instructions that I ask them to try and follow before their attunement to make the 'symptoms' easier. I also instruct them after their attunement to give themselves reiki daily for at least 21 days to help with the 'symptoms'.

The idea behind giving yourself daily reiki treatments, is to get your body used to the energy flow of the reiki and also to 'heal' those detox symptoms. The quicker your body adjusts to the energy, the quicker the symptoms will go away.

Just treat yourself gently, spend time in nature if you can and meditate quietly, even if you can only do it for 5mins a day. If you don't normally drink much water, try drinking more water and eat more veges/salads. All of these things will help ease the symptoms :-)
Old 17-03-2011, 05:54 AM
pre-dawn

It is an adjustment process which will eventually settle down. In the meantime there is no reason not to avail yourself of suitable medication if the effects are so severe that they interfere with your job and life.
The 5th principle "be kind to people" includes be kind to yourself.
Be a compassionate practitioner and not a stubborn, hell-bent on Reiki one.
Old 17-03-2011, 03:55 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by small.hope.smiles
Hello all

I was hoping someone might be able to assist me with some physical discomforts that I have been having since my attunement. I was attuned Feb 19 and since then I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety, shoulder and neck pain, as well as occasional heart palpitations. This has been really hard to talk to anyone about because I work in the medical field and to have someone list all these symptoms would sure be a call for medication. Before my attunement, I was positive and uplifting all those who crossed my path and I absolutely loved the energy I was sharing. Sadly though it seems like all the positive energy that I am suppose to experience with Reiki is few and far between. And I recognize that Reiki can never go away and I have already had a few experiences where the energy starts to flow by itself and my hands become hot and shared the Reiki energy with friends who needed it; and its exciting. However most of my experiences have been a little hard on me personally. Any guidance or words of wisdom who be a great help.

Light and love
Hope

Try taking de-tox baths with epsom salts. Continue to do reiki on yourself daily.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Enya

Agree with all the advice offered so far... you might also wish to consider that you are more open to the changing energies of the world at this time and may be taking some of that on board.
Old 18-03-2011, 06:21 AM
small.hope.smiles

Oh thank you so much to everyone and their responses.

Forgive me SoaringSpirit, I should have mentioned my Sensei has been wonderful, very encouraging and supportive. However, because I have some many questions, I don't want to become a burden so I try and seek guidance from others, I especially like to get feedback from other spiritual newbies. The spiritual path can bring on so many mixed emotions and to know that at one time or other we all have experienced something similar makes me feel more in the loop of things. (hope that makes sense)

And yes I agree with you CJ, that might very well be possible. I just need to remember to release what is not mine.

Once again, thank you all!!

Light and love
Hope
Old 18-03-2011, 06:25 AM
small.hope.smiles

Oh thank you so much to everyone and their responses.

Forgive me SoaringSpirit, I should have mentioned my Sensei has been wonderful, very encouraging and supportive. However, because I have some many questions, I don't want to become a burden so I try and seek guidance from others, I especially like to get feedback from other spiritual newbies. The spiritual path can bring on so many mixed emotions and to know that at one time or other we all have experienced something similar makes me feel more in the loop of things. (hope that makes sense)

And yes I agree with you CJ, that might very well be possible. I just need to remember to release what is not mine.

Once again, thank you all!!

Light and love
Hope
Old 18-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Master
I don't have much experience with Reiki but this is a normal side effect of ANY energy work. I had accupuncture the other day from a very knowledgable practitioner. I went to a psychic fair the next day with the intention of offering readings. But the accupuncture got so much energy moving that I was funked out for the whole day. I was afraid to give readings because I didn't want to rub off on people. Like someone above posted, there is a period of adjustment whenever you make drastic changes to your energetic system.