Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Experiencer

sleep paralysis

Does sleep paralysis mean you being attacked by a entity
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Master

No, definitely not. I used to get sp and that never happened to me. If you do get attacked just do not worry about it. It cannot hurt you. It probably comes from your fears and that is what is causing it. I admit I have seen awful things when I am meditating but I know it cannot hurt me. I just stay relaxed and I get out of my body.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Master
Being paralyzed while sleeping is a normal bodily function that happens to pretty much everyone. Sometimes being consciously awake happens while still paralyzed. While frightening and uncomfortable, it does not involve anyone else (friendly or unfriendly).
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Being paralyzed while sleeping is a normal bodily function that happens to pretty much everyone. Sometimes being consciously awake happens while still paralyzed. While frightening and uncomfortable, it does not involve anyone else (friendly or unfriendly).

This is not true at all. From Wikipedia, on the subject, "In surveys from Canada, China, England, Japan and Nigeria, 20% to 60% of individuals reported having experienced sleep paralysis at least once in their lifetime."

I never had experienced it and even if I did I would not say EVERYONE has experienced it. Please do not spread false truths.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
This is not true at all. …

I never had experienced it and even if I did I would not say EVERYONE has experienced it. Please do not spread false truths.
Please read what I wrote.

I said, nearly all people are paralyzed WHILE SLEEPING. A very few individuals are not paralyzed and thrash about while dreaming. This is a serious medical concern they can injure themselves or anyone sleeping near them. I will leave it to you to look that up in wikipedia.

As to sleep paralysis, many but not near all experience it in their lifetimes. For most people the number of ‘sleep paralysis’ episodes is fairly small.

If you are going to bash my ‘facts’ please find out what they are first.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Mystic Blaze

Sleep paralysis is basically a safety feature of the body and mind that stops us from acting out our dreams at night, which would of course be potentially extremely dangerous. A person acting out a dream, could easily slam a fist into a wall very hard, injure another person sharing their bed, or even run around the house, where there are of course stairs and large windows. Typically in sleep paralysis we can dream quite safely while unaware of being physically unable to move.

It's only when something goes a bit weird somehow , the body falls right to sleep before the mind does and we somehow become aware of the fact that we can't physically move and are conscious of it, that we have a scary and troubling situation on our hands.

EDIT:
Wstein, I'm sorry. It seems we must have posted nearly the same idea at the same time.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Sybilline

I've had sleep paralysis before, and for a long period of time, sometimes it gets so bad that it begins before ie fall asleep --- that is, I am lying down, just a bit sleepy, then I feel pressure on my eyes and limbs, then it happens, with or without dreams (sometimes the dreams seem like hallucinations, because I know my mind is awake). I used to have 2 or 3 on a really bad night.

After some time it slowed down, and as soon as I left the house it stopped altogether, though I still had nightmares about the house, and sometimes good dreams, still in the same house (though the dreams have nothing to do with the house itself, it's always the location).

I have had a good soul heal me in this forum, haven't had any dreams about that place since. Sometimes I still feel my eyes getting heavy but it never gets to the rest of my body, I guess I know how to control it now.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Experiencer

Ik well last night i hit the pillow and i actually hear someone moving around in the room and banging about and creeking, my body was starting to go into sleep paralysis but i fought it of and i sensed something near me so please explain this
Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Experiencer

Ok well last night i hit the pillow and i actually hear someone moving around in the room and banging about and creeking, my body was starting to go into sleep paralysis but i fought it of and i sensed something near me so please explain this
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Master

I cannot explain it and I do not know why it happens but try to accept it. That is the way it is. There are times when I have heard music, people talking or my name being called. I have seen scary things. Also weird things have happened. I knew there was no one there. Try to accept it and ignore it. If you can do this you will be a lot happier. Nothing can harm you. It only happens at certain times when you are lying down.