Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Humm

Projecting from a projection

Something I have read about in only a couple of places, and have never managed myself, is to project from an astral projection.

I don't mean simply 'manifesting' it from a lucid dream, I mean full out projecting to the astral, then, while in the astral, settling down, stilling the mind, focusing the will, and releasing into a higher projection with an even subtler body.

Has anyone here ever done this? I would be very interested to hear of your experiences!
Old 25-05-2012, 04:54 PM
earthatic

Yes. As to what (mental) positions can be entered, I've found there are inner and outer layer states/levels that all feel unique...whether it corresponds with different subtle bodies or not, I do not know.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Master
Humm... You might enjoy William Buhlman's description of his rising to higher levels in "Adventures Beyond the Body". It's available as a free pdf at:

http://api.ning.com/files/nTSdV*CY*ywIHIm4D8CbwwHEN7RF9bXkD6C3pIfU-eo_/Adventures_Beyond_the_Body.pdf

Xan

Old 28-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Humm

Thank you for your replies.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Master
Same thing as a false awakening in a dream, it happens to me all the time. I have had projections after turning dreams lucid which would count as a projection inside of a projection. Lucid dreaming is Astral projection you just are not consciously thinking during the exit. I understand you mean from a conscious exit, to another one but the only difference is you would consciously exit the first time. I have actually had a projection of me projecting inside of a lucid dream.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Same thing as a false awakening in a dream, it happens to me all the time. I have had projections after turning dreams lucid which would count as a projection inside of a projection. Lucid dreaming is Astral projection you just are not consciously thinking during the exit. I understand you mean from a conscious exit, to another one but the only difference is you would consciously exit the first time. I have actually had a projection of me projecting inside of a lucid dream.
Yes, it is possible to project from inside a lucid dream but what I am actually speaking of is projecting into a higher consciousness, and from that higher consciousness projecting into yet another even higher consciousness.

Lucid dreaming and AP are the same only to those who are just lucid dreamers, and so do not yet know the actual difference.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

I do not hold the feeling that Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection are the samething. I do agree that one can move from a lucid dream into that state of projections and if one does not fight it actually have that full on out of the body experience that is travel. Most times sadly the brain kicks in and one will find themself slamming back in or grabbing the bed corners for dear life in fear.

Lucid Dreams-

It is said that it’s a higher frequency state to our dreams. In a Lucid Dream you can control or alter the events in your dream in the state that you realize your dreaming.
It is said you can learn to have Lucid Dreams and even share in a dream with another. When you go to bed at night simply put a plan in your head what you want to dream on.
For example your out on a walk and the snow is falling; look to see how it’s covering the trees. Then try changing the dream to a nice sunny summer day. Opposite contrasts seem to work quite well.

Thoughts from Harper’s Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal Experience
- A phenomenon in which a person feels separated from his or her body and seems to be able to travel and perceive distant locations on Earth and outwardly realms
- Descriptions of OBE’s are nearly universal and date to antiquity and contain many similarities
- Scientific “evidence” is inconclusive
- One quarter of the Western population believe they have had an Out of Body experience
- In ancient Egypt it was described as ‘ka’ a vehicle of the mind and soul ‘ba’
- Plato held that the Soul could leave the body and travel
- Socrates, Pliny and Plotinus gave descriptions of experiences that resembled OBE’s
- Plotinus wrote of being ‘lifted out of the body into myself’ on many occasions
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead describes a ‘Bardo-Body’, an ethereal duplicate of the physical body, in which the deceased find themselves.
- Chinese claimed they could achieve the OBE during meditations
- Shamans in tribal cultures say they can project themselves out of body at will by achieving an ecstatic state of consciousness
- The common theme is that a second subtle body becomes the vehicle for travel
- In Astral Travel reports are about moving about the Earth plane like apparitions passing through walls and solid objects
- They travel with the speed of thought
- Travel to the Non Earthly realms called the Astral Plane are much different with contact with objects much different, with contact with objects and beings who ‘feel’ solid and real
- The onset of OBE’s occur during waking consciousness, before, during and after sleep, during severe illness or great stress, trauma or fear
Theories to explain fall into two camps
1) That something does leave the body
2) That nothing leaves the body
Those who feel something leaves the body ascribe to one of three general explanations
1) Physcial double travels in the physical world
2) A non physical double travels the physical world
3) A nonphysical double travel in a mental Astral world
Those who think nothing leaves the body have two main theories
1) Parapsychological, in which the OBE is imagination plus psi
2) Psychological , in which the OBE is hallucinatory experience, the manifestation of self to self, the ego’s denial of inevitable death of the physical body

NOW I am not saying that the way I have come to learn it is the right way as we honestly DO NOT understand how the phycial conscious and subconscious body works we can take theories and discuss them to see what works for us for now.

Lynn
Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer

Hello

I did a talk this past Sunday on Astral Travel and honstly explroed where the separation comes in. What I have come to find is that in Astral Projection it is a planned exit for me even when I am taken out by Spirit in need I am allowing that to happen or I would stop it.

I have very real lucid dreams for me how I know it is a dream is that there are none of the 5 senses in play....I do not sense things on any other level than that state of dreaming and being at peace in that moment. When I am in the Astra I have with me all the 5 senses in play and they are combined into the 6th sense of KNOWING that this is very much an event I am in.

I have put here a very GENERAL discription of a False Awakening Dream....as not all know the terms we might well use. Too that is HOW I have learned it there might well be other ideas out there....

I dont know how many times the alarm goes off and I honestly feel I have just gone to bed, or the reverse I wake up an hour after going to bed and think dang its been a long long night where is that alarm to wake me to see the time LOL.

So much goes on with us in our sleeping states....for me much goes on as I do not sleep more than 4 -5 hours a night and that is not always solid sleep but I am never tied. Me Son is the same I kick him off his computer at 11 pm when I go to bed and me mate will say he is on it again at 2 AM....I just go if his work is done at school so be it ....as a child I was up reading....

False Awakening Dreams -

This is when one thinks they have woken up and gone about one’s normal daily routines. This would be for the AM brushing one’s teeth and consuming breakfast and even going off to work or other daily tasks. To only wake up to the alarm and realize that what happened was all just a dream.

Lynn
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Yes, it is possible to project from inside a lucid dream but what I am actually speaking of is projecting into a higher consciousness, and from that higher consciousness projecting into yet another even higher consciousness.

Lucid dreaming and AP are the same only to those who are just lucid dreamers, and so do not yet know the actual difference.

The problem with your hypothesis is that I am both a lucid dreamer and a conscious astral projector. I have had projections and conscious exits from both lucid dreaming & from transcendental meditation. After experiencing both of them dozens of times in multiple variations I have come to the conclusion there is no difference.

Once you become lucid in a dream it no longer is completely controlled by your subconscious and you gain conscious control over factors exactly the same as it is consciously exiting your body. Like I said before the only difference is typically in a lucid dream you have no recollection of slipping out of your body into the beginning of the dream. This is because when we dream the exit is much more subtle than when it happens during meditation. That does not mean it's always that way, I have experienced vibrations both in dreaming, ending a dream, and through meditation.

But as I stated in the previous message, yes I have had projections inside of projections. As well as projections from a projection inside of a lucid dream. I realized I was dreaming and was in a sort of spiritual classroom and we were all planning where we were going to project to. After leaving my body consciously and exploring a specific area for what seemed like an hour or two suddenly I heard what sounded music produced by Asian chimes. The music was incredibly moving and I sat down in lotus position and started meditating. After doing so I left my body for what would be a third time and moved up further into the planes.

What is happening during what you are talking about is actually quite simple. The first exit is from your physical body into one of your lower subtle bodies, IE. etheric or astral. The etheric can only travel a few feet away from your physical body so if you have what seems like another exit close to your physical body chances are you were inside of your etheric body and to travel further you needed to gain access to your astral body, and so it seems like another exit. Your astral body can travel much further but does not offer access into the higher planes, only the lower & lower middle, perhaps the middle. So after traveling to the highest plane possible inside of your astral body it is possible through subtle body meditation, divine assistance, prayer, etc. to gain access to a higher subtle body IE. mental, casual, buddhic, and nirvanic. This could very well seem as if you are exiting one body and entering another as you gain access inside of a projection to one of the higher vibrational subtle bodies.

You simply need to do something inside of the projection to raise your vibration and then you will be able to shed your previous subtle body and access the next one required to enter a higher plane than your are currently located. It's not very common for it to happen inside of a projection though, but it is definitely possible as I have had it happen on more than one occasion. Typically what will happen is on a projection after much hard work in raising your vibration you will exit your physical body and your consciousness will be inside of one of your higher subtle bodies above the astral body. Then you will be able to fly further up into the planes than you previously could before getting blocked out.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello
False Awakening Dreams -

This is when one thinks they have woken up and gone about one’s normal daily routines. This would be for the AM brushing one’s teeth and consuming breakfast and even going off to work or other daily tasks. To only wake up to the alarm and realize that what happened was all just a dream.

Lynn

It could also be waking up from a dream and realizing you are still dreaming, sort of like the movie Inception. You don't have to necessarily go and brush your teeth or cook breakfast, not everyone does that when they first wake up. When I first wake up I don't always do the exact same thing nor do I suspect everyone in the world does either. A false awakening is simply when you wake up from a dream but your physical body is not awake, it is still sleeping and you are still dreaming. What the dream is about makes no difference as long as it begins with you thinking you have woken up. I have had this happen up to 4 times in one dream. I suspect sometimes this is not as simple as me continuing another dream though. I suspect that I partially wake up and my consciousness is inside one of my subtle bodies, which is why it looks like I have woken up. I see the exact same thing as if I had woken up in my physical body, except I am far more sensitive to spirit activity and interference. Typically that is when I have most of my false awakenings happen when spirits are attempting to communicate/interfere with me.