Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Pathfinder
My #1 fear about astral projection

I have been wanting to experience astral projection. The only thing holding me back is the fear that if I leave my body, I won't be able/know how to return to it, and I will literally die in my sleep.

I know that many people AP every day/night and this doesn't happen.

I want to get rid of this fear!

I appreciate all input.
Old 19-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Master

Once you ap the first time you may feel better about aping the next time and it will keep getting easier for you.
There is a problem about aping and being afraid. It can attract awful things to happen. Do not worry nothing can harm you. It is easy to get back into your body. Just think of your body or emotions can end an ap as well, such as fear, excitement, wondering around aimlessly etc.
Old 19-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkye
I have been wanting to experience astral projection. The only thing holding me back is the fear that if I leave my body, I won't be able/know how to return to it, and I will literally die in my sleep.
You don't need to worry about such fear.
The fear you should have is that you won't be in the non-physical long
9999 times outta 10000 you'll be brought back to the physical before you feel you're ready. ;)

Quote:
With that said... it's my belief we project EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Each and every one of us. To me, a dream is nothing but an unconscious projection.

Quote:
Courage! Strength! These are the only tools we have which beat fear. :)
Old 19-05-2012, 10:35 AM
NekoTheCat

well, i cant say your fear is not justified, lol
what i can say is that there are many other things which can happen while we sleep and cause us to die - breathing problems can be cause nÂș 1 or sleeping with a pillow or blanket over our heads, but freak accidents can also happen -ie forgetting the gas on....

why do you want to astral project in the first place? what do you want to achieve?
Old 21-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

I appreciate all input.

I can relate! The first time was pretty scary especially when it caught me by surprise! The only significant thing I can offer to this subject is to try NOT to let it catch you by surprise. Know before you are going out and you will always feel comfortable knowing you did this when you did it deliberately. It will make all the difference in the world and make for a safe and soothing entry back to your vessel! Good luck!
Old 23-05-2012, 05:44 PM
blue air

what's so bad about dying? .. don't let the fear of dying hold you :)
Old 23-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue air
what's so bad about dying? .. don't let the fear of dying hold you :)

Must be an April Fools Joke!
Old 30-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Surebys

I have only once (I believe) "projected" in the sense that I actually felt I had left my body- I was drifting off and felt myself lift and vibrate, I think. I got no further than literally, the width of my physical body, as if I was lying right ontop of it. I got the overwhelming sense that I didn't want to go any further, and I just imagined myself feeling heavy and began to sink back in.

So I was nervous too, but I got back okay :P
Old 30-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Deactivated Account

I found simply thinking that I wanted to go back to my body sent me straight back there on my first AP. Even the thought of 'how do i go up there' would make me start moving.

Its all done on thought, not thought then action like it is in the physical.
Old 30-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Johngod

Quote:

I appreciate all input.

Hi StarSkye,
When you AP you are connected to your physical body with the chord, often described as a silver chord. You cannot get lost there, the chord brings you back. You will not die in your sleep. Astral Projection is what we all do when we go to sleep. What we are working on is remembering what we do when we are asleep.
Love and Blessings.
John