Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Guide

How long have you been 'separated' and do you still believe in TFs?

Just wondered how long you all have been in the separation phase (if at all) and if you still believe they are your 'twin' however much time has passed

We have been separated 3 years now and although the pull has gone i still have a 'knowing' feeling...
Old 09-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Experiencer

Depends on what you call 'Separation'? Physical separation 26 years. Spiritual separation - maybe never? We reconnected after 20 years. Have now worked through those feelings of knowing. Spiritually, we will never be apart . Physically? Who knows. And I'm not sure it matters.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Guide
Such a good question loulou1986

We've been seperated for over a year and a half and I do miss her every day. So while she will always have a special place in my heart our seperartion allowed me to completely revaluate my belief system. Where I have evolved beyond the Twin Flame concept so see myself and everything from a much wider perspective of Oneness.

If anything discovering my own truth has helped me answer so many questions regarding life, death, reincarnation and who I truly am. Of course I'll forever love and cherish my Spiritual Catalyst for everything we shared and achieved with each other. As I would never have the appreciation that I do now if it wasn't for the breath-taking journey we started together.

Where I have such precious memories and hope she finds everything she is looking for and so much more along her Life Path.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 09-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Experiencer

Hmm my twin and I have been separated physically since just before Xmas. Separated emotionally since March. But we are atill connected and in contact.

Ghost_Rider, i find it interesting thow you are able to wish your twin well despire being separated a long time. Just curious, do you know if she's happy? Mine will tell me when she is unhappy (she just mentioned it again to me a few days ago). How would you respond to that sentiment?

I always feel like whenever she tells me that, my ego starts to kick into high gear and i just want to tell her to cut her baggage ( aka. her current bf) who is obviously part of the reason she is unhappy.

How would you offer to help, or would you even?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Knower
Me and my TF didn't talk for almost a year but i saw him everyday at work, which hurt, im in a new job now and its only been a week, just a week without seeing his face, has made me realize even though we didn't talk for a year seeing him still was mentally not doing me any good, i know he is my TF but i know i have to let him go... but i cant tell you i will never forget him.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay_Reaction
Hmm my twin and I have been separated physically since just before Xmas. Separated emotionally since March. But we are atill connected and in contact.

Ghost_Rider, i find it interesting thow you are able to wish your twin well despire being separated a long time. Just curious, do you know if she's happy? Mine will tell me when she is unhappy (she just mentioned it again to me a few days ago). How would you respond to that sentiment?

I always feel like whenever she tells me that, my ego starts to kick into high gear and i just want to tell her to cut her baggage ( aka. her current bf) who is obviously part of the reason she is unhappy.

How would you offer to help, or would you even?

Hi Delay_Reaction, and thank you so much for asking me some very thoughtful questions

I will forever wish her well because we shared such a beautiful and intense connection. Where I feel so very blessed with her investing in me as I invested in her. I will always appreciate this, and also her incredible courage for needing to follow her Life Path. This is why I'll be always be eternally grateful for everything she gave to me. Indeed, it is for this reason that I came to recognise Free Will. As her life is hers to live, as mine is mine, as yours is yours, as everyone's is theirs.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, where I am so glad your Twin Flame can tell you when she is unhappy (and hopefully when she is happy too). Where in all honesty I don't truly know if my Spiritual Catalyst is blissfully happy with us not having any contact since our separation. Although with my hand on my heart I do hope and pray she is.

As for me responding to her if she came to me for help or because she realised she was truly unhappy, this is where your questions become interesting. Even though I have gone through a long healing process and don't have any expectation of her coming back into my life (as reunion is a choice and not a given right), I would welcome her with open arms. Where it would be my privilege to help her in any way I could.

That said, it would be unfair to the both of us for me to put my life on hold for something that may or may not happen. So by letting her go allows me to be a Free Spirit and enjoy my life for what I have rather than what I don't.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 09-06-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Master
Depends what you call separation. From the replies I gather most see that as not being involved (anymore).
I see the separation phase as the time where you aren't seeing each other very often yet or aren't living together yet.
That's where I am with him. We see each other every 4-6 weeks. At the moment it cannot be more often -nor for very long- due to circumstances. One of these will be out of the way later on this year. How the other circumstances will then develop I don't know yet. But I am positive we will work them out as we are involved and are in a relationship, even though we cannot see each other more often right now.
We each use this time -which is our separation phase- to grow as individuals, to manifest a number of our own goals in life, and at the same time to get to know each other better.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou1986
Just wondered how long you all have been in the separation phase (if at all) and if you still believe they are your 'twin' however much time has passed

We have been separated 3 years now and although the pull has gone i still have a 'knowing' feeling...

I met him four years ago and spent the next 3.5 years believing he was my twin. We had incredible chemistry and on my part, real love. But he had lifelong intimacy issues I could not help him with and so we separated for the final time in Feb. it was at that point I was so frustrated that I finally let him go, I gave him back to the universe. It felt like such a dead end with him. Maybe I had learned the lessons. We had separated many times in those years and I was always devastated, but suddenly I wasn't anymore. I felt strong. I loved him but I was done. I had had the life sucked out of me loving this supposed twin. It didn't seem that twins did this to each other. I finally got it. Not but three weeks later, a mysterious and adorable man approached me in a bar. I instantly liked him, on a very friendly level, comforting and intriguing but not massive sexual fireworks or anything.

Totally unlike me, I gave him my number. He didn't call. A week later he returned to the bar at the time he knew I would be there. I ignored him but he came up next to me and spent the rest of the night telling my friend he was going to take care of me. I laughed it off really, but each time he touched my arm or rubbed my back, I felt so much healing, so much relief. Fast forward two months, we are madly, deeply in love. I have never felt this kind of love for a man. He is a truly nice, loving man towards many people. He is a benevolent, sensitive soul like myself. Together we are so much light and love, he has changed my life. I have smiled and laughed every day since we fell for each other, which was that second night I think. We had a coffee date the next day and we both texted each other right after to say how wonderful it was. My point is, my ex was never my twin. If anyone is, it's this man. We both tell each other we want this to last forever, there is no fear, we are each equally bonded to one another and freely and fearlessly give our love. My ex didn't know how to process the love I had for him. His exes didn't either, they cheated on him and hurt him in so many ways. They saw him as too nice, my exes saw me as too weak and needy, but together this man and I are perfect, we inspire each other, we need each other, we have our separate lives yet are always thinking of each other. I am now a firm believer that if you have ANY doubts, not about whether they are your twin, but about their love and respect for you, it probably isn't your twin. I used the twin concept as a reason to accept his aloofness and dissapearing acts. My boyfriend now is like a salve for my soul. this feels so grown-up finally, and yet we are like teenagers again. I had to let go truly in my heart, of my ex, to allow the universe to bring me together with the love of my life.

And the sexual fireworks are amazing. Just took a little bit of time to trust him but we are actually unbelievably attracted to each other. I never go by what I feel right away. I knew he was different but it took me a couple times seeing him to realize what we had, though he knew from the moment he laid eyes on me. He is exactly what I needed, exactly. And I am changing into a better version of me everyday because of him.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:42 AM
Guide

I call separation long periods of time with no contact at all. For us it was 20+ years. We each lived our lives,had careers, married, kids, divorce -- then out of the blue a year ago he came back in my life.

I never knew about twin flames until his return, so can't answer that part. I would dream of him during those years apart and he never fully left my mind. I never expected he'd be back in my life like this though. I am so happy he is, but it is still difficult at times.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Experiencer

Thank you for fhis thoughtful piece.

I find it difficult when my twin tells me she is unhappy. She doesn't directly ask for help. She will just tell me her feeling and that is it. If she asked for some tangible help, I would offer it without hesitation. But apparently all that she requires is my presence and understanding.

This uneasiness is compounded by the fact that the last time she told me that she was happy was when she was with me.

So then, to me the solution to her unhappiness is simple, to which i say crudely, "dump this guy and let's give this a real shot".

I guess i still don't understand what motivates someone to make sub optimal happiness choices. Maybe i never will.

I feel that this one thought is interfering with my ability to let go with full love and understanding, which you seemed to have reached.

I thank you for your replies. All the best in your continuing journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
Hi Delay_Reaction, and thank you so much for asking me some very thoughtful questions

I will forever wish her well because we shared such a beautiful and intense connection. Where I feel so very blessed with her investing in me as I invested in her. I will always appreciate this, and also her incredible courage for needing to follow her Life Path. This is why I'll be always be eternally grateful for everything she gave to me. Indeed, it is for this reason that I came to recognise Free Will. As her life is hers to live, as mine is mine, as yours is yours, as everyone's is theirs.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, where I am so glad your Twin Flame can tell you when she is unhappy (and hopefully when she is happy too). Where in all honesty I don't truly know if my Spiritual Catalyst is blissfully happy with us not having any contact since our separation. Although with my hand on my heart I do hope and pray she is.

As for me responding to her if she came to me for help or because she realised she was truly unhappy, this is where your questions become interesting. Even though I have gone through a long healing process and don't have any expectation of her coming back into my life (as reunion is a choice and not a given right), I would welcome her with open arms. Where it would be my privilege to help her in any way I could.

That said, it would be unfair to the both of us for me to put my life on hold for something that may or may not happen. So by letting her go allows me to be a Free Spirit and enjoy my life for what I have rather than what I don't.