Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 26-08-2015, 03:36 AM
Master
More non heterosexuals

So I've been pondering and I hope haters will stay out of this thread because I would love a dialogue.

I see more and more where lines in sexuality are blurred. There is more homosexuality is common and more visible, and bisexuality seems more and more common, and people are at least opening their eyes and hearts.

I myself am hetero but awoke from a dream and realized if you love a soul... well souls don't have genitles. so since I am physically affectionate..... it would be in the relm of possibilities.
if my husband woke up with different parts I'd miss those man parts lol but id still want to be physically together.

So long way round I'm thinking there must be a real shift occurring.

So far my thought are three things....

1. Were that many people repressing their feelings for the same sex, is it the same percentage we just didn't know?

2. Some animals can change sex to aid reproduction when there are only males or only females, could our collective population have taken it a step further and said we are way to secure and need to reduce reproductive rates so the increase in no reproductive couplings?

3. Many cultures(indigenous) believe in some form of "2 spirited" people. Meaning 2 sexes, or I guess in spiritual terms balanced masculine/feminine, they were/are regarded as more spiritual and are/were shamen and medicine people.

So I wonder to myself sometimes with the population evolving spirituaity if there isn't just more people born with the balance masculine/feminin hence less strict heterosexuals.

Throwing it out there....

Last edited by TheGlow : 26-08-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 26-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Ivy

I think all of the above.

But from a personal point of view, I feel that sensual or erotic attraction to a person goes deeper than the attraction of physical sex. So I feel attracted to both genders, but I don't necessarily want to turn that attraction into a physical act - the physical act is very much based upon an individual person, rather than on their gender.
Old 26-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
So I've been pondering and I hope haters will stay out of this thread because I would love a dialogue.

I see more and more where lines in sexuality are blurred. There is more homosexuality is common and more visible, and bisexuality seems more and more common, and people are at least opening their eyes and hearts.

I myself am hetero but awoke from a dream and realized if you love a soul... well souls don't have genitles. so since I am physically affectionate..... it would be in the relm of possibilities.
if my husband woke up with different parts I'd miss those man parts lol but id still want to be physically together.

So long way round I'm thinking there must be a real shift occurring.

So far my thought are three things....

1. Were that many people repressing their feelings for the same sex, is it the same percentage we just didn't know?

2. Some animals can change sex to aid reproduction when there are only males or only females, could our collective population have taken it a step further and said we are way to secure and need to reduce reproductive rates so the increase in no reproductive couplings?

3. Many cultures(indigenous) believe in some form of "2 spirited" people. Meaning 2 sexes, or I guess in spiritual terms balanced masculine/feminine, they were/are regarded as more spiritual and are/were shamen and medicine people.

So I wonder to myself sometimes with the population evolving spirituaity if there isn't just more people born with the balance masculine/feminin hence less strict heterosexuals.

I basically have no idea, because it could just be more dialogue about gender and sexuality make people generally more aware of it, or it could just be that gender roles are not so distinctly defined, and sexuality diversity is more diversely categorised and also normalised in society... and there's no statistics that I'm aware of that correlate spiritual beliefs with gender identification or sexual orientation.
Old 26-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Master

In the old days homosexuality was illegal. Oscar Wilde was imprisoned for it remember. Whereas today people can be openly gay. Stephen Fry for example is openly gay and a national celebrity and no-one bats an eyelid about it. [I often wonder if Stephen Fry is the reincarnation of Oscar Wilde, come back to complete the things denied to him the first time around? - But that's for another thread.]
So maybe these things aren't growing as such, they've always been there, they just no longer need to be hidden.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Master
Ancient Greeks and Romans saw homosexuality as a normal thing, even heterosexual men maintained sexual relations with young men.

Homosexuality is a natural thing, I guess it is as old as the human specie is, nowadays we can see it more "frequently" because we're billions of people, but the figures should almost be the same, from every 10 persons 1 is gay, approx.

Bisexuality is really interesting, there are a lot of androgynous souls out there, I think it is a part of the evolution of every civilization, to love the soul of the person rather than the flesh.

It is amazing this kind of soul connection =)

Men and Women are attracted to their friends, no matter if they're from the same sex, there is always certain level of sexual attraction, otherwise they wouldn't be friends, it is like a biological thing.
Old 26-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Ancient Greeks and Romans saw homosexuality as a normal thing, even heterosexual men maintained sexual relations with young men.

Homosexuality is a natural thing, I guess it is as old as the human specie is, nowadays we can see it more "frequently" because we're billions of people, but the figures should almost be the same, from every 10 persons 1 is gay, approx.

Bisexuality is really interesting, there are a lot of androgynous souls out there, I think it is a part of the evolution of every civilization, to love the soul of the person rather than the flesh.

It is amazing this kind of soul connection =)

Men and Women are attracted to their friends, no matter if they're from the same sex, there is always certain level of sexual attraction, otherwise they wouldn't be friends, it is like a biological thing.

First of all great thread...I only want to make a small clarification.
Studies have regularly shown 1 in 10 to be a reasonable estimation for the proportion of gay men in the population, last I checked. But the numbers for women are much lower, probably just a few percent (1-3% rather than 10%), even in progressive societies where total sexual freedom to be as you are is the norm. Again, last I recall.

Scientists have various reasons for this, centreing on the biologically-based theory of a greater variability or instability of male sexual orientation or patterning and higher levels of promiscuity of males historically due to an inherent genetic orientation toward sexual experimentation and variation perhaps based originally in a genetic orientation toward spreading one's genes -- regardless of orientation and whether this is actually going to happen in any particular act. There may be better explanations but that was the gist of it.

Carry on

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Master
At the end of every single ancient civilization, whether it is the Romans, Ancient Greeks, and Egyptians near the end of their dominance at the end of the epoch, there was a rise in homosexuality. And I do think this was because people where repressing themselves, and then when energetic changes happen quite simply…? People can’t hide their true self’s, because that is a side effect of the vibration within the planet! It exposes you for whatever you are!

And fair play people should be free to express themselves. Expressing yourself is not a bad thing!

But let me make myself, very clear!

Because people have been repressing themselves in various ways, what also follows at the end of every EPOC is that more people are exposed! Child abusers, psychopaths, mass murderers etc and I you look around the world today, the exposing of these types of individuals as at all time high! Its mother earth’s way of purging herself, quite simply people can’t escape it. And it just so happens is that homosexuality always rises, when these shifts occur! This is an observation which can be historically documented throughout history!

So before people start talking about the Romans, Egyptians and ancient Greeks as of they where picture perfect! Remember they all fell! And the same things that happen at the end of their epoch are happening now! We are in the mist of an epoch change!

Older members of society could abuse younger people, and more deviant sex acts where openly participated in (Which is the reason why in some circles homosexuality has kind of been given a bad name unfairly!) Because these ancient civilizations, abused children through homosexuality in some cases). The same thing happens at the end of EVERY single epoch, before every single one of those civilizations falls!

So that’s why I don’t think it’s wise for people to constantly keep mentioning past civilizations, this is our time now! And we should aspire not to make the same mistake they made…….stuff them!

The only thing I have a problem with is the attack on gender that seems to be happening within society and the confusion and conditioning that some children are being forced to endure in schools is abit dangerous. I Believe that nature intended men and women to be together primarily. But that does not make homosexuality bad, its just something in my opinion that is being influenced from outside the realm of the physical! or something like that.

https://news.vice.com/article/thousa...-ed-curriculum

Chose your Gender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj7eYQ7mZtk

If have a daughter, and she is being put through all of this education in the schools! And she is being told that she can choose to be a BOY (When she see's herself as a girl)! I don’t care who is online right now, who disagrees with me! She is getting taken out of that school! And I am protecting her, because that’s what parents should do.

So yes allot of things that are happening now is just a side effect of a vibration change, which makes people act how they want to act! before a shift of some sorts occurs.

(Oh but i can acknowledge and state when i think another man is handsome no big deal)....
Old 27-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Guide
I don't think people were repressing their sexuality but rather that society suppressed homosexuality and tried to make it some it's not.

Many cultures also believe in same sex relationship as rights of passage.

I'm of the opinion that I just don't think sexuality is a biological thing alone - I don't believe you are born with the capability of only loving one gender. To me, that's like saying you're born with the capacity to only like one race. But you're not. I do believe you nurture a preference. So Inherently I believe everyone is born with the capability to love ANYONE regardless of their sex toys.

I believe the idea of sexuality to be just that. An idea.

Same with gender. Girls don't sit around all day painting their nails. Sometimes they have to get out the power tools and fix the shelf. Sometimes they wanna play video games over baby dolls. Sometimes they wanna play Barbie over mud pie making. If you give a child freedom, and they know no judgement, they will literally do what they want if you give them the opportunity. The don't realise what's socially acceptable for their gender, or what's expected, or what's civil. They just do what they want in the moment - it's adults who have been that child once who learned judgement for our desires that built up these unrealistic fantasies of gender-roles.

Go back to the earliest humans, I'd wager when they felt horny they just had sex with the nearest thing - I wonder did the gender matter much then? Who was there to tell them not to have same sex relations? (That's just something I think but I know very little of that period so I could be way off ). Church wasn't around back then. And I'll bet humans were more emotive and instinctual, horniness back then was probably an unbearable feeling, I wonder if it was tenfold the strength of that same feeling today, back then? Or maybe it's stronger now?
Old 27-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow

This one is fascinating, it also seems to tie in with the drop in birth rates in 1st world countries....... I'm gonna sit with this for a bit....
Old 27-08-2015, 01:48 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
I think all of the above.

But from a personal point of view, I feel that sensual or erotic attraction to a person goes deeper than the attraction of physical sex. So I feel attracted to both genders, but I don't necessarily want to turn that attraction into a physical act - the physical act is very much based upon an individual person, rather than on their gender.

Excellent thread. Excellent post.

From a personal point of view, my position is virtually identical to yours.