Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-02-2013, 01:54 AM
lil

Does not come from me

So, out of the blue, you feel a deep sadness filling your heart - it paralyses you, but it does not come from you, and you're sure it is not yours, how can it be possible?
Old 21-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Ascender
Yeah, that is kind of freaky. It's like these emotions are not my own sometimes. A wave of sadness will come to me out of the blue when I'm not even sad. I even had a short spell of feeling really grumpy one day. Usually, I'm a pretty even-keeled and happy person, so this emotional roller coaster ride has taken me by surprise.
Old 21-02-2013, 02:37 AM
AutumnL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil
So, out of the blue, you feel a deep sadness filling your heart - it paralyses you, but it does not come from you, and you're sure it is not yours, how can it be possible?
I can so relate to this, I feel when he is depressed, lonely, grumpy and the worst is when he is anxious because I have anxiety and it gets amplified between us. But the good thing is I feel his love for me, I at times am in a total bliss for hours, mostly at night :)
Old 21-02-2013, 02:52 AM
Deactivated Account

I've felt feelings too that are not my own... my question would be do we feel the emotion because they are feeling that about us or just in general.
Old 21-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Spring1988

I feel this sometimes and I actually always associate it as my "alert" system. When I know there is no reason for me to be feeling a certain sadness or negative emotion, I go through all the situations and people I know in my mind to see what "fits" the emotion. If I have an inclining that the feeling "belongs" to a certain individual, I will try to contact them and see whats up.

Here's a story of something that happened a few years ago. I'ts the fall. I'm driving home. The day had gone great up to that point. Its the evening, about 7 or 8 pm. All of a sudden, a sick feeling in my stomach/abdomen area overcomes me. So in my head, I'm thinking was it something I ate. I concluded it wasn't since what I ate earlier was something I eat all the time, plus it was a different kind of sick feeling.

Something in me was telling me something was wrong with someone I knew. I couldn't shake the feeling at all. So I called my sisters one by one and ask if they are alright. So I finally call my oldest sister. I ask her is everything alright with her because I just had this bad feeling about something. What she said next shocked me. She said she was fine. So I asked her how's "TF" (at that point, I hadn't seen or spoken with TF in probably over a year). My sister said, "she's in the hospital now. She just had a bad miscarriage. She lost the baby due to stress according to the doc. She told me her husband blamed her for getting pregnant with a girl and he was angry at her because he wanted a boy. (para)" I almost pulled off the road when I heard that.

Up to that point, I took syncs like that with a grain of salt and always erred on the side of skepticism. But that one was just too clear not to err on the side of believing.
Old 21-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
I have experienced empathy many many times. It's truly a miracle and a curse. I accept it as a gift, but it helps to know when it's happening so you can control it. I go through a checklist basically that asks "do I have a reason to feel this way" or "haha, is it hormones" That type of thing. If I rule myself out, I call my three or four connections that I expierence empathy with and try to see if it's from them. Often it is. What works the best for me is figuring out who it comes from. Somehow that makes it easier to block the emotions. Also, try grounding yourself. That should work too.
Old 21-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Master
I have felt that too. I'd be minding my own business content then deeply and distant, a sadness will come and I know it's not mine. Because im nowhere in that place. I just send loving energy to my tf. I've only been empathetic with my tf, when together,feeling his pain n knowing why without him even telling. Later on his story confirmed my reasoning. But I don't think that happens with other or I'm less sensitive.
Old 21-02-2013, 08:37 PM
AutumnL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsv
I have felt that too. I'd be minding my own business content then deeply and distant, a sadness will come and I know it's not mine. Because im nowhere in that place. I just send loving energy to my tf. I've only been empathetic with my tf, when together,feeling his pain n knowing why without him even telling. Later on his story confirmed my reasoning. But I don't think that happens with other or I'm less sensitive.
Same here, I only pick up his emotions clearly. But I can pick up an overall mood when I walk in a room, but I am not sensitive to everyone's emotions specifically other than tfs.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Master
I've also had example. Shoulder pain for no reason when i havent worked out only to find out tf had injured same side shoulder.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Nakae

here too! I'm 80% of the time a very happy go lucky type gal, but out of nowhere I'll sink into either complete sadness or worse disgust. And I KNOW those aren't mine at all!

haven't figured out a way to either amplify my energy so that it happens less or block the energy entirely without stopping some of the good feelings that come through.