Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Guide
The after life and the world?

Hi

This one has puzzled me for some time.

Assuming there IS some form of after death (I DO buy into this because of the supporting evidence.... e.g. past lives, reports of spirit activity, close to death experiences etc etc

I'm lead to understand from relatives (educated to pHD level) that the world is finite; i.e. at some it will not exist, be it the year 3500 or whatever.

My question is, does this take everything with it? Spirit existence? After life etc? Will just "density" be lost?
Old 13-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Experiencer
Hi David,

There are several schools of thought regarding this concept. These include everything from divine intervention to the ideas expressed in a multi-verse and multi-dimensional theories, holographic universe theories as well as ideas expressed in quantum physics to name a few. Like your relatives have suggested - I think it's reasonable to conclude the world or earth is finite - in that it had a beginning and it will have an end. Evidence even suggests the universe as contemporary science suggests is also finite (not infinite) as previously believed. Just as earth has boundaries and a shelf life, so does our known universe.

From my perspective and my own spiritual beliefs. I believe their is a super-class consciousness as well as a super-class origin taxonomy that this physical world we live in inherits the laws of nature from. I don't pretend to understand what that or where this existence is - I can only rely on my intuition and faith for this. I do find some of the ideas expressed in quantum mechanics (double split field experiment) and holographic universe theories as it pertains to observation is particularly compelling because they coincide with my spiritual beliefs in that our world is a manifestation of another realms consciousness. Won't go into it to much because it is just a belief. Having said that- fundamentally the only thing infinite or eternal is our higher self or soul. In order for this to be eternal, it would suggest it has an origin that is not yet observable through science. This is where faith and intuition comes in. Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F
Hi

This one has puzzled me for some time.

Assuming there IS some form of after death (I DO buy into this because of the supporting evidence.... e.g. past lives, reports of spirit activity, close to death experiences etc etc

I'm lead to understand from relatives (educated to pHD level) that the world is finite; i.e. at some it will not exist, be it the year 3500 or whatever.

My question is, does this take everything with it? Spirit existence? After life etc? Will just "density" be lost?

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 13-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Master
It sounds to me (cant be 100% sure like you said you have to have faith)that the spirit world are in other dimensions so i guess it will carry on but no reincarnations here on earth SO SAD!!!
Old 14-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
It sounds to me (cant be 100% sure like you said you have to have faith)that the spirit world are in other dimensions so i guess it will carry on but no reincarnations here on earth SO SAD!!!

It makes it sound like like earth's contribution is even slightly peripheral (?)to a spiritual side.

hmmmmmm....
Old 14-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Hi David,

There are several schools of thought regarding this concept. These include everything from divine intervention to the ideas expressed in a multi-verse and multi-dimensional theories, holographic universe theories as well as ideas expressed in quantum physics to name a few. Like your relatives have suggested - I think it's reasonable to conclude the world or earth is finite - in that it had a beginning and it will have an end. Evidence even suggests the universe as contemporary science suggests is also finite (not infinite) as previously believed. Just as earth has boundaries and a shelf life, so does our known universe.

From my perspective and my own spiritual beliefs. I believe their is a super-class consciousness as well as a super-class origin taxonomy that this physical world we live in inherits the laws of nature from. I don't pretend to understand what that or where this existence is - I can only rely on my intuition and faith for this. I do find some of the ideas expressed in quantum mechanics (double split field experiment) and holographic universe theories as it pertains to observation is particularly compelling because they coincide with my spiritual beliefs in that our world is a manifestation of another realms consciousness. Won't go into it to much because it is just a belief. Having said that- fundamentally the only thing infinite or eternal is our higher self or soul. In order for this to be eternal, it would suggest it has an origin that is not yet observable through science. This is where faith and intuition comes in. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply......a lot of food for thought!

In bold .... I like that!
Old 14-09-2014, 04:44 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F
It makes it sound like like earth's contribution is even slightly peripheral (?)to a spiritual side.

hmmmmmm....

Great point! That is certainly my perspective and I imagine we are one of many peripherals. Earth is a gifted vehicle that allow souls to expedite an experience in humanity from splendor and love to adversity and hate. At the end of the day it really boils down to the individual's perspective and what it is they need to experience, learn and understand. I am aware of several incarnations I have experienced and I imagine I have many more to hopefully humbly experience. I have no doubt earth will be around for many many more human generations - perhaps even more generations the earth has yet witnessed. Remember, the earth is a very old place and life on it has existed for less than 1% of it's age and our sun still has a full tank. Humanity has a story to tell... Each and every person who has lived and died, is living now and the billions of future generations to come has a role to play in order to tell this story. I personally don't believe this story is anywhere near complete - I simply believe humanity has more to say. Accordingly -- I don't believe the idea of our world coming to an end someday should be discouraging or disheartening. Because when this happens it will be by design and I believe it will mark a new beginning and a whole new experience for the eternal soul to discover. It would not even surprise me if the sum of human consciousness is what is taking so long for this story to be told... We do have a tendency to repeat ourselves like a senior with alzheimers telling the same story over and over.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 14-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Great point! That is certainly my perspective and I imagine we are one of many peripherals. Earth is a gifted vehicle that allow souls to expedite an experience in humanity from splendor and love to adversity and hate. At the end of the day it really boils down to the individual's perspective and what it is they need to experience, learn and understand. I am aware of several incarnations I have experienced and I imagine I have many more to hopefully humbly experience. I have no doubt earth will be around for many many more human generations - perhaps even more generations the earth has yet witnessed. Remember, the earth is a very old place and life on it has existed for less than 1% of it's age and our sun still has a full tank. Humanity has a story to tell... Each and every person who has lived and died, is living now and the billions of future generations to come has a role to play in order to tell this story. I personally don't believe this story is anywhere near complete - I simply believe humanity has more to say. Accordingly -- I don't believe the idea of our world coming to an end someday should be discouraging or disheartening. Because when this happens it will be by design and I believe it will mark a new beginning and a whole new experience for the eternal soul to discover. It would not even surprise me if the sum of human consciousness is what is taking so long for this story to be told... We do have a tendency to repeat ourselves like a senior with alzheimers telling the same story over and over.

I dont want to be the one that tells bad news but they have discovered the moon is moving very slowly away from earth so the earth will not be there for ever.
Yes its true it wont be in our lifetime and maybe another million years who knows but it def is happening.I hope for a miracle but im not sucking it out my thumb.
Hopefully our souls can live in other dimensions or find another earth
Just my opinion use it or lose it.
Old 14-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Experiencer
What makes you think this is bad news? It has been moving away from earth at a rate of 3.5 cm a year and has been doing this since the beginning. What scientists have realized is that the rate of the lunar orbital expanse a year has actually dwindled since prehistoric times. It is slowing down! The moon in fact was much closer to earth at one time. At the current rate of expansion - this may become an issue not in a million years but in 10's of billions of years. When this happens - from what I understand, the biggest change one will see on earth is a fixed or locked ocean tide. You and I will never see this but that is not what this is about -- it's all about balance. Likewise, one can speculate that human's may not even exist when this happens.

It's also worth considering that earth's orbit is also expanding away from the sun as well as every other planet in our solar system. It is widely understood and accepted the universe is and has always been expanding. Heck - the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxy are on a collision course! Hoping for a miracle is not necessary :-) The miracle is that this universe is not only fine tuned - but self correcting. It is for this reason you and I are even contemplating these fascinating ideas and concepts. :-)

-- Carl Jung