Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 27-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Knower

I absolutely agree that the "experience" is real. Everything that happened did really happen, but we still just get on with life. I guess it's all part of just a big life experience, illnesses, growth, knowledge, presence, science, religion, time, space. Everything and every experience is of course valid but the end result is still something coming and going.
Old 27-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Seeker

I have to agree with Lorelyen. ForgedInFire, you are an incredibly cynical person. You almost incessantly bash the idea of twin flames. You are so sure they don't exist, and yet you spend a great deal of time...here, on this subforum. I've read your story and I can guarantee that anyone else who has can see where are your negativity and hurt stems from. I don't blame you. If I was going through with my twin what you are/have, I would be just as dark. You blame your cynicism on being honest and just saying what others may be afraid to hear, but I really think you're just trying to convince yourself that all of this is bull so your hurt will go away. I'm sorry you feel that way. A twin opens a door to the other side. And what is behind that door? Love and anger and fear and joy and sadness all at once. It's the beginning of the journey. I hope you find your way out of all the hurt you're feeling. The person I call my twin has brought so much light and joy to my life and great anguish all at the same time, but because of him I'm a much better person today than when I met him. He is my greatest love and my closest friend. My experience has had its bumps, but in the end it has been far from constricting or ego-centered.
Old 27-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
A twin opens a door to the other side. And what is behind that door? Love and anger and fear and joy and sadness all at once. It's the beginning of the journey. I hope you find your way out of all the hurt you're feeling. The person I call my twin has brought so much light and joy to my life and great anguish all at the same time, but because of him I'm a much better person today than when I met him. He is my greatest love and my closest friend. My experience has had its bumps, but in the end it has been far from constricting or ego-centered.

Oh wow! So beautifully said!

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 27-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
So what? Isn't all spirituality self-centred...ultimately, down here on earth where you're typing your messages? One is concerned principally with one's own relation to the cosmos... you can love all the people in the world as much as you like but that doesn't give you right or ability to crash in on their firmament. Spiritual growth is obviously self-centred.

perhaps for the most part but id like to think that not all of it is though..

Quote:
What a bitter assessment a) of Nature and b) Spirit BUT...an excellent assessment of what religion, industrialisation and consumerism gave to humans. And you are a man. You don't get many females who fall into the categories of which you speak...(some but not many). What does that say about you, therefore?

No.. nature is awesome..spirit is awesome.. civilization sucks. but yes i really did have the things you mentioned in mind when i said what i did. all of those things are/were created by desires and most of them are not good. and they affect every human on the planet. but for the most part there are some males who excel in certain negative desires while females excel in others.. overall a majority of desires are ill intended while ill stand corrected that not all of them are ill intended.

Quote:
You're thinking only of carnal desire in a state likely to be unrequited. If this is your bag, so be it but you should not ascribe these qualities to all humans in all situations involving desire, like "I desire to have a roof over my head." Or "I desire to be with this person because he brings such a lot to my life."

=/- 7 billion on the planet currently. thats too many desires to be sustained without some form of harm done to others. overall generally. its a guarantee that ther will be many against ones desires. ones actions affects anothers life in some shape or form.. its unavoidable. sure your examples can be innocuous but all it takes is one to read a history book and that 'i want a roof over my head' killed someone or something to make it happen. or even in another form of the things i mentioned in my post. the second example.. theres (likely)some ego there in that one.. its a conditional based exchange.
Old 27-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
I have to agree with Lorelyen. ForgedInFire, you are an incredibly cynical person. You almost incessantly bash the idea of twin flames. You are so sure they don't exist, and yet you spend a great deal of time...here, on this subforum. I've read your story and I can guarantee that anyone who has can see where are your negativity and hurt stems from. I don't blame you. If I was going through with my twin what you are/have, I would be just as dark. You blame your cynicism on being honest and just saying what others may be afraid to hear, but I really think you're just trying to convince yourself that all of this is bull so your hurt will go away. I'm sorry you feel that way. A twin opens a door to the other side. And what is behind that door? Love and anger and fear and joy and sadness all at once. It's the beginning of the journey. I hope you find your way out of all the hurt you're feeling. The person I call my twin has brought so much light and joy to my life and great anguish all at the same time, but because of him I'm a much better person today than when I met him. He is my greatest love and my closest friend. My experience has had its bumps, but in the end it has been far from constricting or ego-centered.

thanks i appreciate your sentiments. i dont have a twin but that still doesnt change that i would like to help others. i know now not to make any threads like i had before in the past. id rather not appear as though i am trying to change others views in what they believe. it never was my intentions to do that when making those previous threads but some info i do see "out there" is erroneous.
Old 27-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
Is this not just something in fashion.
instead of 'mememememe' its an 'ususususus'
imagine everyone could find their twin (yes we can call ourselves the 'special' ones granted this opportunity for our superior state of conciousness...lol...come on all humans deserve the same ability)
wouldn't it just become a "cool story bro, you guys dream about each other and have coincidences! awesome!" ;)
the day still continues..and what is the point of relying on each others dreaming about each other etc to define your day to day relationship?

it's like saying "i play with barbie dolls today because as a kid i used to...."
every experiences is impermanent...wouldn't you get over the coincidence things eventually or ewouldn't people stop giving you attention for being 'twin flames' and just go about their day?

so how are you these days hmm? well heres one thing to consider even if you find most of the stuff mentioned as disposable. those real twins who went through hell, some of them even for decades.. have made it all possible for the rest of us to now have similar experiences but without the suffering like they went through.

cool story bro

and hey.. what if i liked those old school transformers instead of barbie dolls? i wish i still had them because.. i dont care.. id play with them again YEA
Old 27-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Guide

[quote=Christine]
imagine everyone could find their twin (yes we can call ourselves the 'special' ones granted this opportunity for our superior state of conciousness...lol...come on all humans deserve the same ability)[/QUOTE

Soulmates is the popular label, meeting my twin is an extra challenge that I would not wish on my worst enemy, having experienced some of the unique tests that brings with it. Feeling superior is a luxury you cannot afford either as the twin feels that energy and continues on the lower pathway confident they are not good enough for you. I have to work hard at not judging my twin as he has chosen the lower path to enlightenment. So the happy ever after is not so attainable or desirable either if this is what it means to have a twinflame. I could choose to do the same, but tonight I switched off all the social media sites and came in here for some respite. Now I am reading all the achy breaky hearts columns. LOL
Old 27-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Knower

[quote=hineahuone]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
imagine everyone could find their twin (yes we can call ourselves the 'special' ones granted this opportunity for our superior state of conciousness...lol...come on all humans deserve the same ability)[/QUOTE

Soulmates is the popular label, meeting my twin is an extra challenge that I would not wish on my worst enemy, having experienced some of the unique tests that brings with it. Feeling superior is a luxury you cannot afford either as the twin feels that energy and continues on the lower pathway confident they are not good enough for you. I have to work hard at not judging my twin as he has chosen the lower path to enlightenment. So the happy ever after is not so attainable or desirable either if this is what it means to have a twinflame. I could choose to do the same, but tonight I switched off all the social media sites and came in here for some respite. Now I am reading all the achy breaky hearts columns. LOL

I don't know....
It is kind of like...when you have a child and the child is crawling and you are saying they are choosing a lower path by not walking. The child simply wants to crawl!! there is no way to force anything, and we can't call something higher and something else lower. life is allowed to express itself in any way and just because someone else it not living our way, it does not mean in their context it is a low path.
Old 27-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Guide

[quote=Christine]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hineahuone

I don't know....
It is kind of like...when you have a child and the child is crawling and you are saying they are choosing a lower path by not walking. The child simply wants to crawl!! there is no way to force anything, and we can't call something higher and something else lower. life is allowed to express itself in any way and just because someone else it not living our way, it does not mean in their context it is a low path.

You would think that the desire to walk would be the strongest basic instinct. I have been told that the divine masculine is the grounded energy and operates from the lower chakras and the feminine operates from the upper chakras, so there is a delicate balancing act that is required when the twins come together in union. We are doing the attract/repel thing and I have surrendered the union and asked the archangels and ascended masters to help out.
Old 27-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Desire is the want of something. Everything we do starts by wanting something from the simplest of things such as choosing what to eat, all the way to what you hope to achieve in life, it all starts and is guide by what you want. Even love comes from desire, when you first meet a person do you actually think you "love" them when you know nothing about them? Or is it that you desire to know them, and find out if you love them? Love is merely a byproduct of that original desire with time. You see when I go on these forums I do not see a trace of true love, all I see is all consuming want. A want that is so powerful that they blind themselves, and forget to learn who they are and what they truly want. As I always note, desire is extremely powerful it guides us along our paths, but if you don't know yourself you will surely find misery and pain at the end of your path.